Lock-on disc missing FC3 install prep

midju

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi!

When FC3 is out I need FC2, for FC2 I need the orginal Lock-On disc. Can't find it. (3 of them during the years) So I can't install FC3 What to do?

Best regards

get to this page and buy it (again): http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

if you wont purchase it again...bad luck

lol...sniped, cichlidfan

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Btw, you will only need LockOn installed, most likely. I know what the PR says but I think it is a safe bet that you wont need FC2. FC2 did not require FC1 just LockOn, so it should end up working the same way.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Is it possible to buy DL version of lo:mac somewhere?

ahem...

Post 2 and 3, above.

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

I don't see DL lomac here, only CD box.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.180159900/sac.true

Doesn't work here, probably only for EU and US customers.

I dont see the problem here, sure the dl version would be available a few days earlier...but honestly it is pretty much cheaper than buying via amazon.com. get the fun and check the prizeranges there...up to 80$...

the CD Box possibility might not be the best, but it is a choice...by the way. My CD Box which I purchased arounnd 5 or 6 years ago, still rests on my shelf right next to me, where I stored all my favourite games I purchased....

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

I dont see the problem here, sure the dl version would be available a few days earlier...but honestly it is pretty much cheaper than buying via amazon.com. get the fun and check the prizeranges there...up to 80$...

the CD Box possibility might not be the best, but it is a choice...by the way. My CD Box which I purchased arounnd 5 or 6 years ago, still rests on my shelf right next to me, where I stored all my favourite games I purchased....

there might be an offer to buy them together cheaper when FC3 is released rather than getting them one by one.

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.180159900/sac.true

Doesn't work here, probably only for EU and US customers.

US only I believe.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I've bought lockon 4 times now, I lost the cd every time but this time I have it in a safe place so I won't need it again

Doesn't anyone else make copies of their software CDs onto an HDD for CYA purposes?

Me: "Uh, FC3.."

-Other me: "Yeah, it costs 40 bucks..."

Me: "Okay.. Fair enough, A little steep there for FC2 planes in DCS world but okay.. I hope Im gonna enjoy it enough to justify the price.."

-Other me: "FC3 depends on LOMAC, an old 8$~ game.. "

Me: "Well so.. 48$ then.. Okay.. Should be easy enought to buy and download so im ready to FC3..."

-Other me: "Nah, it cant be downloaded in your region, you have to buy it on CD from outside your country and pay extras in shipping.."

Me: "FUUUUUU"

See what you did there? You made me sit here and write as my self, and my other self! We hate you ED!

Edited by EtherealN
1.10, 1.8

• ED Team

http://lockon.co.uk/index.php?end_pos=1322&scr=shop

LockOn: Modern Air Combat (English CD-box)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Me: "Uh, FC3.."

-Other me: "Yeah, it costs 40 bucks..."

Me: "Okay.. Fair enough, A little steep there for FC2 planes in DCS world but okay.. I hope Im gonna enjoy it enough to justify the price.."

-Other me: "FC3 depends on LOMAC, an old 8$~ game.. "

Me: "Well so.. 48$ then.. Okay.. Should be easy enought to buy and download so im ready to FC3..."

-Other me: "Nah, it cant be downloaded in your region, you have to buy it on CD from outside your country and pay extras in shipping.."

Me: "FUUUUUU"

See what you did there? You made me sit here and write as my self, and my other self! We hate you ED!

allow me to quote myself before you get too angry

There might be an offer to buy them together cheaper when FC3 is released rather than getting them one by one.

Edited by EtherealN

There might be an offer to buy them together cheaper when FC3 is released rather than getting them one by one.

Or might be not... Or some time after release, and i highly doubt they do it any soon. Price is not realy matter, 10$ more, 10$ less, else i could buy russian version, which is stand alone and not requres lo:mac and coast about 10-15$, but it is + 4-6 monthes of waiting...

Everyone needs to realize that if it was up to ED, there would be no LOMAC requirement. It is the way it is. No amount of complaining will fix that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Everyone needs to realize that if it was up to ED, there would be no LOMAC requirement. It is the way it is. No amount of complaining will fix that.

true...UBI Ghost is annoying us :crazy:

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

Im not angry or complaining. Im expressing my sadness. :cry_2: Besides that, its not only the dependence on lomac people are complaining about.. Its the fact that you need to give 40$ for very little, PLUS the 8 or 9 dollars extra or whatever for what now seems to be a game that only can be bought in CD version unless you live in US..

Thats not all UBI faults there... People have a right to express their disappointments and complain a little..

Yes, but they should do so in a constructive manner.

What you consider "very little" is a huge amount of work by a lot of people. If you don't feel this resulted in enough improvements that are to your taste (total replacement of missile flight engine would, in itself, be considered a huge thing by anyone's estimation I'd think?), then you're free to point this out and not purchase. But do keep the rules in mind.

Thanks.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yes, but they should do so in a constructive manner.

What you consider "very little" is a huge amount of work by a lot of people. If you don't feel this resulted in enough improvements that are to your taste (total replacement of missile flight engine would, in itself, be considered a huge thing by anyone's estimation I'd think?), then you're free to point this out and not purchase. But do keep the rules in mind.

Thanks.

But, but, but, THE EAGLE GOT A BETTER COCKPIT!!!!!:D

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

I know, it's sooooooo pwettyh! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I know, it's sooooooo pwettyh! :D

I never bothered with FC1, but had the original LO:MAC. When FC2 was announced I went digging like crazy looking for that damn disk. It wasn't in the best shape, but upon managing to read it, I immediately copied its contents to my hard drive. Highly suggested to do as either an ISO, or just coping the disc contents directly it really doesn't matter.