Saitek pro flight and combat rudder pedals

Hi there,

I own the Saitek combat rudder pedals and I'm fully satisfied with them. Before having them, I had the Saitek Flight rudder pedals but the tension wheel broke after one month and a half. The combat ones seem much more robust.

So, if you can, go forward with the Saitek Combat ones.

That said, I don't know much about the other products such as those from CH which also produces pedals. From what I know, the pedals are closer to each other but seem to be well appreciated also.

Cheers

Laurius

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

I own the Combat set as well, which I do like. I have never owned the standard set but from my research, they are identical internally.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The most significant difference for me: your heel in the pro flight one are on the pedal, but on the combat your heel is on the base instead of on the pedal, which I prefer.

I did not realize that. I guess I never really looked at the pics.

I do like having my heels on the floor (pedal base) as well. Plus they look cooler under the desk. ;)

pedals.jpg

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Combat pedals, they are really comfortable, and more closely represent what you would be dealing with in a real aircraft. e.g. the transition and how I place my feet on them is very similar. Plus like in real aircraft, you don't get the tendency to press the toe brakes when you move the rudders on crosswind landings/TO's (heels not being on the pedals and all).

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

cichlidfan

I see you have wood in place to keep your pedals from sliding out of place . LOL

I have to do the same. At least I now know how to keep my roller chair from sliding back when I tried to add rudders when flying. Never thought about a rug.

Cool idea.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] CPIAS FOR Saitek:

Saitek Flight instrument panels and X-52 pro mfd scripts for Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94174

cichlidfan

I see you have wood in place to keep your pedals from sliding out of place . LOL

I have to do the same. At least I now know how to keep my roller chair from sliding back when I tried to add rudders when flying. Never thought about a rug.

Cool idea.

I use the velcro included with the pedals (very easy to remove from a wooden floor and left no stains, I might add) and a couple of chocks (doorstoppers) for my chair.

Works perfectly.

Problems setting up switches on the HOTAS Warthog or similar?

Tutorial Here