Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

1 hour ago, Max1mus said:

Is your strategy to just flood posts like this so the devs dont see them? Why dont you just look at the evidence before commenting?

Ok, that's fair and you're right, I spoke based on a bunch of incorrect assumptions.

The pilot is referring to newest AMRAAMs, but since i knew you would flood the post like this, my track includes the A/B motor AMRAAM to further solidify the point.

I have some pretty big doubts about what he's referring to.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

22 minutes ago, Chizh said:

Yes, the R-27ER missiles could fly longer if it were not for the battery limitation of 60 seconds. And this limitation comes from the fact that at long ranges the INS accuracy is not enough to lock the target.

Please check the tracks. The DCS implementation still makes AIM-120 outrange it with no battery life limitations.

24 минуты назад, Chizh сказал:

Yes, the R-27ER missiles could fly longer if it were not for the battery limitation of 60 seconds. And this limitation comes from the fact that at long ranges the INS accuracy is not enough to lock the target.

Какая-то странная причина, там помимо инс есть ещё и радиокоррекция. 

• Like 1

• ED Team
9 минут назад, TotenDead сказал:

Какая-то странная причина, там помимо инс есть ещё и радиокоррекция. 

Ее то как раз и не хватает.

• Like 1

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

• ED Team
47 минут назад, Max1mus сказал:

Please check the tracks. The DCS implementation still makes AIM-120 outrange it with no battery life limitations.

Can't confirm.

I tried two launches of R-27ER and AIM-120C at an altitude of 10,000 meters and a speed of 900 km/h.
Fly away from fighter after 60 seconds:
R-27ER = 29.5 km
AIM-120C = 24.4 km

Screen_210128_212017.jpg

Screen_210128_213401.jpg

• Like 2

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

10 hours ago, Max1mus said:

3:40 - "R-27ER outranges our AMRAAM missiles,we will beat them by using better tactics and getting closer to shoot"

:thumbup:

The R-27ER outrange the AMRAAM by a long range, since the pilot need tactic to get closer to shoot his AMRAAM.

It means that the R-27ER can kill the bandit before his AMRAAM goes pitbull.

Interesting 🙂

Edited by sylkhan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Chizh said:

Can't confirm.

I tried two launches of R-27ER and AIM-120C at an altitude of 10,000 meters and a speed of 900 km/h.
Fly away from fighter after 60 seconds:
R-27ER = 29.5 km
AIM-120C = 24.4 km

Screen_210128_212017.jpg

Screen_210128_213401.jpg

The AMRAAM lofts and will not just stop flying at 60s.

In my now attached track you can see an AIM-120C by far exceed the flyout range for the R-27ER (by 10+km/35%+) without battery life factored in. On top of that my F-15 has sped up to almost mach 2 by the end, so the real value is even higher in favor of AIM-120C.

AIM-120C without battery life would have hit that target at 131km with mach 2.6 left (and as i have proven to you before with tracks, it can reach targets as far away as 180-200km easily). Current DCS R-27ER launched at 131km would not even have come close, as you can see in that track.

This clearly proves that R-27ER can never outrange AIM-120 in DCS at high altitude. Despite every pilot that has talked about that range relationship claiming that it should.

I note that the relationship was as the pilots describe it before DCS 2.5.5. Because back then both AIM-120 and R-27 were modelled to the same standard. Now one has a CFD research based modelling, and one has a 5 year old model.

Given all this and that the AMRAAM was reworked over a year ago now, why are there no plans for the R-27 rework now? If for political reasons, youre worried that russian fighters will dominate in your sim, you shouldnt be. The soviet fighters in DCS are still so far behind your new F-18 and F-16 in terms of technology, that you can still easily trash N001 radar locks by cranking at long range and turning cold and recommitting fast at medium range. Add to that Link16, and missing datalink features on Su-27 and MiG-29, and you will find that even an R-27ER with no zero lift drag will still not allow the red planes to compete against AIM-120Cs. And given that there are no plans to ever add modern russian planes, this will never change. But this rework will at least give the NATO guys a slightly more interesting BVR environment and allow Su-27 owners to at the very least beat the singleplayer campaigns without having to abuse AI weaknesses like a speedrunner.

120Cflyoutfurther.trk

PS: It is clear that you know of these problems given that EDs "Hard" F-15C Instant Action mission over Syria includes MiG-31s, whose R-33 have not been reworked since FC2 and are significantly overperforming, outranging even MK60 Phoenixes by far while also having a massive acceleration. The state of russian planes and missiles in DCS is so catastrophic that you decided to add a broken AI plane to give the player any challenge whatsoever.

Edited by Max1mus
  • Like 6

• ED Team

Let’s you stop speculating and making up fables. The R-27 missiles fully comply with the well-known altitude-range charts. R-27ER has a higher speed than 120C and a greater range in 60 seconds base, which I showed. Your speculation have nothing to do with the real state of affairs.
We still have plans to do an R-27 CFD research, but now there is no time for this, because the engineer is busy with weapons of current projects.

34 minutes ago, Chizh said:

R-27ER has a higher speed than 120C and a greater range in 60 seconds base, which I showed.

Ok, lets for some reason assume the AMRAAM only flies for 60 seconds.60s_1.trk60s_2.trk
60s_2.png60s_1.png

AIM-120 still out-ranges the R-27ER at 60s, passing it at around the 45s mark. Tracks are attached.

Is this not enough to make this rework a high priority? The few soviet AI planes that you offer as opposition for your F-18/F-16 customers rely on the R-27, but as you can see the way it is modelled now, you dont need to do anything as an AIM-120 user. No need to crank, dive, defend, or execute any of the timeline/MAR-related tactics from real life.

Edited by Max1mus

• ED Team

What kind of rework do you want?
I will repeat myself. The R-27 family missiles are made according to the well-known Russian altitude-range charts.

PS

Please turn on labels and external views in the tracks so that can check it.

5 минут назад, Chizh сказал:

What kind of rework do you want?
I will repeat myself. The R-27 family missiles are made according to the well-known Russian altitude-range chats.

We need AMRAAM nerf. 
That the rockets have a similar behavior with all the rockets presented in the game. in all aspects, including targeting

Edited by Stoikiy

4 minutes ago, Stoikiy said:

We need AMRAAM nerf. 
That the rockets have a similar behavior with all the rockets presented in the game

Нет. 
Это не многопользовательский шутер

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

4 минуты назад, Gierasimov сказал:

Нет. 
Это не многопользовательский шутер

ммм понимаю.  Што тут бравые бойцы хотят что бы силы нато были во всём сильнее Красных. Што в Ил-2 немцам накрутили характеристики так что на винтах висят.
Я не верю что ракеты AMRAAM могут так летать и держать захват целей как они делают сейчас.  Сейчас это AIM-9X с большой дальностью.

Edited by Stoikiy
  • Like 1

• ED Team
18 минут назад, Stoikiy сказал:

We need AMRAAM nerf. 

Есть обоснования?

9 минут назад, Stoikiy сказал:

Я не верю что ракеты AMRAAM могут так летать и держать захват целей как они делают сейчас.  Сейчас это AIM-9X с большой дальностью.

Вера это личное.

А для корректировки нужны проверенные или официальные данные. 

21 минуту назад, Chizh сказал:

Есть обоснования?

Нету. Просто обидно за родину. 

Сложно играть против монстров что вы сотворили. 10 ракет под пузом, пустил и чилишь дальше.
Не интересно что игра превратилась в F16 против F18.

у JF17 тоже вон ракеты поломали совсем.  Когда он вышел, они были по результативности как AIM-120C.  Англоязычному комьюнити это не зашло, не поногебать
Призвали нерфить их, т.к это китай и вообще так нельзя. И что?  Нерфили нерфили, теперь ракеты вообще в цель не летят.
И это выглядит в двойне подозрительнее после того как DCS заявило что берёт все ракеты под свой контроль.

Совпадение? Не думаю.
Вот вам SD-10 , бревно которое само теряет цель, тупо летит в землю. Все 4 ракеты и 100% одинаковое поведение.  полёт вчерашний

И вот после такого как то сложно поверить в ваши слова про "У нас одна физика"  и нужны обоснования.
Сейчас единственное обоснование на рынке это деньги.  Вы не можете этого отрицать.
Как англичане заныли что нужно потеть против JF17 так ракеты с каждым обновлениям ведут себя всё чудеснее и чудеснее.

Как вы объясните такое обоснование? Я не прав? Паранойя?

Edited by Stoikiy
  • Like 5

UPD: Я просто хочу сказать что те кто играют в игру. Чувствуют любые изменения и любые изменения в ракетах.
И что в одном случае нельзя менять потому что нужны доки, а в другом поменяем потому что основные покупатели плачут - не допустимо.

• Like 5

• ED Team
1 час назад, Stoikiy сказал:

Нету. Просто обидно за родину. 

Это не к нам.

Цитата

Сложно играть против монстров что вы сотворили. 10 ракет под пузом, пустил и чилишь дальше.
Не интересно что игра превратилась в F16 против F18.

Как в реале.

Цитата

у JF17 тоже вон ракеты поломали совсем.  Когда он вышел, они были по результативности как AIM-120C.  Англоязычному комьюнити это не зашло, не поногебать
Призвали нерфить их, т.к это китай и вообще так нельзя. И что?  Нерфили нерфили, теперь ракеты вообще в цель не летят.

Про китайские ракеты пишите пожалуйста китайским разработчикам. 

Цитата

И это выглядит в двойне подозрительнее после того как DCS заявило что берёт все ракеты под свой контроль.

Мы это собираемся сделать. Но пока внешники делают свои ракеты.

Цитата

И вот после такого как то сложно поверить в ваши слова про "У нас одна физика"  и нужны обоснования.
Сейчас единственное обоснование на рынке это деньги.  Вы не можете этого отрицать.

Если у тебя есть какие-то факты и цифры - давай обсудим.

Твои подозрения и домыслы я обсуждать не хочу.

Цитата

Как вы объясните такое обоснование? Я не прав? Паранойя?

Смотри выше.

• Like 1

• ED Team
23 минуты назад, BlackPixxel сказал:

@Chizh

Is there a document about the battery runtime of the extended range R-27 being 60s?

Or is it just assumed to be the same 60s as the short range version?

We have such document. See table from MiG-29 manual. 

Controlled flight time = 60 seconds.

Screenshot 2021-01-29 150005.jpg

25 минут назад, Chizh сказал:

Если у тебя есть какие-то факты и цифры - давай обсудим.

Как я могу посчитать что то, или доказать документами если у вас самих этих документов нету?
Тут пару десятков страниц назад мой товарищ физик просил дать модель что бы продуть ракету так же как вы.
Вы ответили что не можете т.к это NDA.  Он сам нашёл модель и продул на профессиональных компах и программах, сказал что коэффициенты у вас мягко говоря завышены, и ракета так не летает. На что вы ответили

Какие тогда вам нужны данные для обсуждения.
Я попрошу его ещё раз скинуть сюда результаты тестов и продолжим обсуждение?

• ED Team
13 минут назад, Stoikiy сказал:

Я попрошу его ещё раз скинуть сюда результаты тестов и продолжим обсуждение?

Давай.

50 minutes ago, Chizh said:

Как в реале.

Реальность это Ф16 против Ф18? Блин, кто-то быстро позвони путину и объясни, что строить Су35 и Су30СМ не надо!

• Like 4

25 минут назад, Max1mus сказал:

Реальность это Ф16 против Ф18? Блин, кто-то быстро позвони путину и объясни, что строить Су35 и Су30СМ не надо!

Реальность в отсутствии баланса

Может быть у нас и есть, какие-то интересные конкурентные разработки, что бы дать "зеркальный ответ" (в чем я сомневаюсь), но информации о них нет. Тем более с новыми отличными законами, это накладывает определенные риски

ЕД же не виноваты в том, что у нас засекречивают, а там рассекречивают) ЕД лишь использует открытые данные

Мы можем только тестировать их результат

Забудьте, не будет у красных зеркального ответа в ДКС в нынешней обстановке - никогда

Может быть когда-нибудь... Может быть интересные индийские внешники найдутся... Но пока увы нет

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Chizh said:

PS

Please turn on labels and external views in the tracks so that can check it.

I added labels to them. Here they are from my second post:
ERdoesnotoutrange_LABELS.trk120Bnotoutranged_LABELS.trk

Third post:
120Cflyoutfurther_LABELS.trk

Fourth post:
60s_1_LABELS.trk60s_2_LABELS.trk

PS: I forgot to add the tracks from my very first out of 4 posts, here they are:
Incorrect_Range_Relationship_2_LABELS.trkIncorrect_Range_Relationship_LABELS.trk

Edited by Max1mus