Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

11 hours ago, Hoarfrost said:

Что у нас на год уходящий 21-й, по Р-77 какие то со подвижки будут? Или уже в 22-м что то жать)? 

смотри интервью у Гены-пилота, там про продувку Р-77 есть

07.09.2021 в 06:31, profitrol сказал:

смотри интервью у Гены-пилота, там про продувку Р-77 есть

Посмотрел, конкретики нет) И я еще не понял, ракетами отдельно занимаются? Или с начала делают сейчас Апач, потом Миг 29, потом подрежут р27эр, и потом продуют р77? И из интервью понял что ракета не понятная, и что решетка во вред ей и ка бы ее еще сильнее не урезали.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Оружием занимается группа вооруженцев. Пока идут приоритетные задачи по Апачу и доводке общих ракетных компонентов.

• Like 1

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Are there any plans regrading aim9 snake movement? It is an important ID feature of that missile launch. 

• Like 2

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• ED Team
22 минуты назад, FoxAlfa сказал:

Are there any plans regrading aim9 snake movement? It is an important ID feature of that missile launch. 

No. There are many more priority tasks so far.

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

Makes sence! Thank you!

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Can you please implement the concept of the Predicted Intercept Point?  While this implies that the missile will intercept its target at that point, that's not exactly how it's used in all cases, and it's especially important when modeling missiles with INUs or Command guided (at least to a certain point) as opposed to homing-all-the-way.

Eg, take the S-200 that you're creating now, it's supposed to have 200km + range against a beaming target.  The way to achieve this is to the send the missile to the PIP and begins homing once it's close to the intercept.  The same applies to PATRIOT, S-300 etc. and is critical for ABM intercepts where the missile will fly to the PIP and then turn to intercept the missile head-on - the PIP is basically to get the missile on the target's trajectory in this case.

This requires that the weapon systems employing these missiles (including AMRAAM, R-77 etc) are aware of the missile's TOF with fairly good accuracy, and may further require the weapon system to predict the missile's speed at that time to ensure that the target does not out-gimbal the missile ... which may require further maneuver/positioning of the missile, depending on target speed (consider a mach 2 missile intercepting a beaming target doing mach 0.8 vs mach 2).

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 7

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

To go back to Mk-58 motor for a while. I overlooked one important detail and that is composition of sustainer grain. It is with added oxamide as catalyst of burning and that gave possibility for such low leveled burning rate and consequently radial burning direction for such a long period.

Rocket motor of Osa missile which is in many aspects very similar (caliber, length, weight, configuration of grains etc.) should be with same or very similar chemical composition what suggests thrust to time diagram resulted from static fire test

76A3880D-821B-41AF-81C6-928EAAF92D1D.png

On 8/29/2021 at 11:30 PM, Max1mus said:

Are you a more trusted source than real fighter pilots with thousands of flight hours? What about the manuals those fighter pilots use? Based on what?

A small search on Google (an american company, thus a superior source) tells us that the the Patriot came into service in 1984, not 1982 as you claimed.

How old are you mate? just curiosity.

On 9/12/2021 at 11:04 AM, FoxAlfa said:

Makes sence! Thank you!

And really its only applicable to earlier variants AFAIK.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
21.09.2021 в 03:08, henshao сказал:

Will the PRF interleave detection range reduction be removed?

Why it should be removed?

52 minutes ago, Chizh said:

Why it should be removed?

Right now in say, the FC3 planes, interleaved acts like some sort of different mode with an intermediate range.   It isn't actually 'interleaved', it just tries to 'average' some sort of results for interleave but it is incorrect.   It should provide the maximum ranges permitted by each PRF, on alternating bars like in the 'full fidelity' models. 

I believe ED does not want to do that for FC3 because it would require for the FC3 radars to actually process radar frames and basically it would add complexity.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
12 минут назад, GGTharos сказал:

Right now in say, the FC3 planes, interleaved acts like some sort of different mode with an intermediate range.   It isn't actually 'interleaved', it just tries to 'average' some sort of results for interleave but it is incorrect.   It should provide the maximum ranges permitted by each PRF, on alternating bars like in the 'full fidelity' models. 

Yes, here I agree. We have some data for Su-27 radar where the reduction of the detection range in the interleaved  mode is indicated. On other radars 4th generation this should works with reduced range.

In the western jets you get full range of each PRF, but the time required to run a full frame is doubled (more specifically, you have to run two frames instead of one for full coverage) so there may be a perceived loss of range based on the radar scan volume.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 9/20/2021 at 8:03 PM, Harlikwin said:

And really its only applicable to earlier variants AFAIK.

All the sidewinders up to the X do it FWIW, X only doesnt because of its FPA seeker

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

3 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

All the sidewinders up to the X do it FWIW, X only doesnt because of its FPA seeker

From the vids I've seen the later ones do it far less then. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

3 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

From the vids I've seen the later ones do it far less then. 

This is a video of a 9L, and its pretty wobbly, and there are other vids out there that show this. From what ive seen they all wobble noticeably

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

That wobble is probably more visible than it is significant.  Otherwise there would be a significant range cost which documentation doesn't bear-out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, Chizh...I don't know how it works in the Flanker. in the APG-63 as well as most US jet radars, interleave is what it sounds like. You have a high-PRF bar, and a medium-PRF bar, and a high-PRF bar, and a medium-PRF bar, and a high-PRF bar... you do not lose detection range, only it takes more time to complete a scan pattern because it will hit every area twice. Perhaps in the Flanker it interleaves between pulses instead of between scan bars?

If there is a note of a reduction in range it may be a bulk average.  As in you may not see the target on the first pass as it so happened to be in MPRF and the next pass in HPRF may just so happen not to see it.  And by the time you've gotten to the next HPRF pulse the distance could have closed enough to account for this "reduction" in range.  As was said above interleaved means that you have one bar in HPRF then the next bar flips to MPRF and so on.  There should be no reduction in range for the HPRF and no increase in MPRF. 

Another possibility is that maybe it doesn't use the same waveform every bar as the pure HPRF and MPRF search modes.  As in it uses what's barely considered mprf on one bar to maximize range.  And for HPRF it uses a set of HPRF waveforms that are closer to MPRF reducing range but increasing its ability to detect high aspect targets.  Essentially a set of wave forms on the HPRF and MPRF bars that minimize the weakness of each, longer range in MPRF and somewhat better aspect detection capabilities in HPRF?   And the loss of detection range is just a way of measuring the average reduction of detection range over a pure HPRF waveform dedicated for long range search.

Edited by nighthawk2174

• 2 weeks later...