Ракеты в DCS

Chizh

• ED Team
2 часа назад, Москва сказал:

Во первых чтоб это заявлять надо обладать секретной информацией и я не думаю что она у вас есть Во вторых российский гиперзвук на языке не только мин обороны но и госдепа сша и как-то не выглядит гиперзвук менее технологичней ракет в-в и других изделий тактического назначения   

Западные СМИ просто перепечатывают то что написали наши и называют также.

В США есть свой гиперзвук, это что касается двигателя.

Если ракета не оборудована гиперзвуковым воздушным двигателем, а скажем твердотопливным, как например Кинжал, то гиперзвук это простая спекуляция. Почти любая ракета запущенная в разряженных слоях атмосферы способна преодолеть 5М. 

Гиперзвуковыми являются все баллистические ракеты от средней дальности и больше.

https://spectrum.ieee.org/hypersonic-missiles-are-being-hyped

• Like 4

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

10 hours ago, falcon_120 said:

So far ED has always being data/document driven when making any developments and I hope it will stay always like that.

You have not been up to date on the R-27 then. Chizh claims the real-life documentation to be inaccurate, as such the NEZ of the new missile is even lower than the old one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GGTharos said:

Different type of technology about which we know even less than we know about missile seekers.

Indeed Russia did a good job with this type of propulsion.  Maybe in the future we will find out what limitations apply to it (it's like building the first commercial jet engine).

For electronics technology, if you care to look deep enough you will find that no one has truly caught up to the manufacturing technology for certain components like AESA T/R components to the US.   Same with various other electronics.   So yes, 'they have AESA' and 'They have AESA' but the two AESAs are not the same.

Side-looking radars on american fighters are missing to his day. In an arms race, both sides have their ups and downs. Claiming one missile is "the best in the world" and working with that prejudice is extremely counterproductive.

• Like 3

• ED Team
9 минут назад, Max1mus сказал:

Side-looking radars on american fighters are missing to his day. In an arms race, both sides have their ups and downs. Claiming one missile is "the best in the world" and working with that prejudice is extremely counterproductive.

Side-looking radars are absent on the Raptor, not because they cannot be made in the United States, but because they are of little use.
In general, side-looking radars on recons were made for the first time in the world in the United States, as well as AWACS and much more.

• Like 2

Единственный урок, который можно извлечь из истории, состоит в том, что люди не извлекают из истории никаких уроков. (С) Джордж Бернард Шоу

1 час назад, Chizh сказал:

Если ракета не оборудована гиперзвуковым воздушным двигателем, а скажем твердотопливным, как например Кинжал, то гиперзвук это простая спекуляция. Почти любая ракета запущенная в разряженных слоях атмосферы способна преодолеть 5М. 

Гиперзвуковыми являются все баллистические ракеты от средней дальности и больше.

причём тут баллистические ракеты летящие по баллистике    

• ED Team
15 минут назад, Москва сказал:

причём тут баллистические ракеты летящие по баллистике    

Они летают на гиперзвуковых скоростях. Еще с середины 20-го века.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Chizh said:

Side-looking radars are absent on the Raptor, not because they cannot be made in the United States, but because they are of little use.
In general, side-looking radars on recons were made for the first time in the world in the United States, as well as AWACS and much more.

The russians have made many more weapons and aircraft that were never fully implemented. By your logic, the russian technology is more inventive and superior.

Since the SU-47 flew before the F-22, does that mean the russians had a stealth fighter first?

• ED Team
47 минут назад, Max1mus сказал:

The russians have made many more weapons and aircraft that were never fully implemented.

Many countries have tons of unrealized projects.

By your logic, the russian technology is more inventive and superior.

Russian technologies are secondary and backward. The USSR all the time tried to catch up with the USA with varying success.

This is true.

Since the SU-47 flew before the F-22, does that mean the russians had a stealth fighter first?

The Su-47 is a purely experimental aircraft for evaluating sweepforward wing. Following the American project X-29.

The first aircraft with stealth technology is the SR-71.

• Like 2

• ED Team
10 минут назад, Жоржович сказал:

А ED вообще ни  когда не достичь такого уровня.

Уровня чего? Японского авиасимулятора Ace Combat? 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chizh said:

Russian technologies are secondary and backward. The USSR all the time tried to catch up with the USA with varying success.

This is true.

A CIA paper from the 80s claimed the soviets to have superior technology in nearly half of all areas. This is all very subjective and hardly relevant for DCS missile development. At least i hope so...

• Like 1

• ED Team
34 минуты назад, Max1mus сказал:

A CIA paper from the 80s claimed the soviets to have superior technology in nearly half of all areas. This is all very subjective and hardly relevant for DCS missile development. At least i hope so...

It was then that I studied at a university and I can say that this is far from the truth. Since the first licensed American products in the 1930s (aircraft motors, DC-3 aircraft, etc.), the USSR tried to catch up with US technologies. But it always lagged behind.

The USSR also tried to copy the advanced American products, B-29, F-86, AIM-9, AIM-7 many samples of devices and equipment. It is because life is not a bed of roses.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chizh said:

It was then that I studied at a university and I can say that this is far from the truth. Since the first licensed American products in the 1930s (aircraft motors, DC-3 aircraft, etc.), the USSR tried to catch up with US technologies. But it always lagged behind.

The USSR also tried to copy the advanced American products, B-29, F-86, AIM-9, AIM-7 many samples of devices and equipment. It is because life is not a bed of roses.

Not that I have a horse in this race,

but Aim-7 was copied into K-25 and tested and found inferior to the R-23 as far as I recall.
F-86 and MiG-15 were both based on German Aerodata, not direct copies of each other, and Soviet space program was way ahead of US at that time as far as I recall
B-29 and Aim-9 for sure, straight copies... 

My point of view is both side had advantages and disadvantages during the cold war, but after 90's, US pulled ahead a lot and currently does keep that advantage,

but China is gaining and for sure not playing fair. 

• Like 2

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

2 часа назад, Chizh сказал:

Они летают на гиперзвуковых скоростях. Еще с середины 20-го века.

значит крылатая ракета циркон и баллистическая скад один и тот-же гиперзвук да и технологический уровень

Edited by Москва

• ED Team
19 минут назад, FoxAlfa сказал:

Not that I have a horse in this race,

but Aim-7 was copied into K-25 and tested and found inferior to the R-23 as far as I recall.

Yes, according to the official version. The Soviet copy of the AIM-7F turned out to be worse than the R-23, although the technologies were adopted.

F-86 and MiG-15 were both based on German Aerodata, not direct copies of each other, and Soviet space program was way ahead of US at that time as far as I recall

The F-86 was more technologically advanced than the MiG-15, which is why there was an order to copy it. This is how the Sukhoi Design Bureau was born for the second time. While they were copying, the technologies went ahead and the work lost its meaning. Nevertheless, Sukhoi built the Su-7 on this base.

My point of view is both side had advantages and disadvantages during the cold war, but after 90's, US pulled ahead a lot and currently does keep that advantage,

This is an erroneous point of view. The USSR had some breakthroughs forward, but in general it lagged behind the United States and tried in vain to catch up until its collapse.

14 minutes ago, FoxAlfa said:

but Aim-7 was copied into K-25 and tested and found inferior to the R-23 as far as I recall .

You sure about the horse?  Because the AIM-7F was considered superior.  The 7M brought very significant changes.

14 minutes ago, FoxAlfa said:

but China is gaining and for sure not playing fair. 

After the 80's.  If we want to consider 2020's things are deifinitely less clear.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

15 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

You sure about the horse? Because the AIM-7F was considered superior. The 7M brought very significant changes.

Yes, and R-24 was superior to R-23, and R-27 to R-24 etc ... bottom line .... although people like to play my dad is stronger than yours, the point is superiority and inferiority in small margins are called comparative ... and lot of things said here are in small margins .... so, can we give it a rest and get back to topic?

Any news on new API / AP / Modeling for A2A missiles? 

Edited by FoxAlfa
  • Like 3

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• ED Team
21 минуту назад, FoxAlfa сказал:

Да и R-24 превосходил R-23, а R-27 - R-24 и т.д ... итого .... хотя люди любят играть моего папу сильнее вашего, все дело в превосходстве и неполноценности в небольшие поля называются сравнительными ... и многое здесь сказано с небольшими полями ... итак, можем ли мы немного отдохнуть и вернуться к теме?

Есть новости о новом API / AP / Modeling для ракет A2A? 

In the USSR, there always a problem to copy a prototype with original performance. It usually turned out worse (lack of technology). Therefore, the K-25 did not go anywhere.

There is no news on the R-27 simulation yet.

4 hours ago, Chizh said:

Yes, it was inferior in the civilian sector. And to keep up with the US, it ruined itself by investing way too much into the military, ruining itself economically, however producing some excellent designs along the way, like the Su-27 and MiG-31. Of course, its not a secret that you dont like them. But that is your opinion, that many SMEs from both sides (i would argue the majority) disagree with. But how you choose your evidence is up to you, you happen to be in the (for us) unfortunate position of being able to decide how effective each weapon system should be in DCS. Or if some weapons should be added in the first place.

• Like 4

• ED Team
9 часов назад, Max1mus сказал:

Yes, it was inferior in the civilian sector. And to keep up with the US, it ruined itself by investing way too much into the military, ruining itself economically, however producing some excellent designs along the way, like the Su-27 and MiG-31. Of course, its not a secret that you dont like them. But that is your opinion, that many SMEs from both sides (i would argue the majority) disagree with. But how you choose your evidence is up to you, you happen to be in the (for us) unfortunate position of being able to decide how effective each weapon system should be in DCS. Or if some weapons should be added in the first place.

The USSR lagged behind totally in everything. And in military technology too, so there was a strategy of quantitative superiority, because it was impossible to achieve a qualitative one.
I myself is SME in the missiles area and I know what I am talking about. That is why we try to make missiles in the simulator as its are, and not according to legends and myths.

PS

Although perhaps from Hamburg you know better about USSR. )

• Like 1

A bit off topic here but, is there any plan to develop any simulation base around ramjet powered missiles?

I'm wondering how such an innovative design will be implemented in case the meteor finally turns out a reality in DCS world.

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

15 часов назад, Chizh сказал:

Yes, according to the official version. The Soviet copy of the AIM-7F turned out to be worse than the R-23, although the technologies were adopted.

Ну так и оригинальная 7F вполне могла быть хуже Р-23 🙂

The F-86 was more technologically advanced than the MiG-15, which is why there was an order to copy it.

А по каким критериям ты оцениваешь "технологическое превосходство" F-86 над Сейбром? У одного был радиодальномер, а у другого вместо пулемётов были технологически куда более продвинутые авиапушки 🙂

В итоге обе машины модернизировались непрерывно, обе в итоге получили пушки, ракетное вооружение, радиодальномеры, движки с форсажной камерой (ЕМНИП Сейбр тоже в какой-то из версий) и т.п., поэтому говорить о какой-то разнице в технологическом уровне между семейством МиГ-15/17 и Сейбром не приходится. МиГ-17Ф вообще до такой степени был хорош, что продолжал быть очень эффективным истребителем примерно до начала 70-х.

This is how the Sukhoi Design Bureau was born for the second time. While they were copying, the technologies went ahead and the work lost its meaning. Nevertheless, Sukhoi built the Su-7 on this base.

Ну вот тут написано, что идея копирования изначально была нелепой, но Сухому у которого КБ закрыли, деваться было некуда.

http://alternathistory.com/kak-v-53-em-godu-pavlu-suhomu-predlozhili-skopirovat-amerikanskij-istrebitel-f-86-sabre-sejbr-i-chto-iz-etogo-vyshlo/

Цитата

Конечно же, для Павла Осиповича это выглядело нелепой партийной идеей. Так же многие недоумевали, как и кому вообще такое могло прийти в голову. Зачем копировать американские самолеты, если есть свои перспективные разработки, который значительно лучше.

Но выбора не было, и что бы вернуться к работе, Павел Осипович конечно же согласился. Да и другой возможности у него не было снова возродить свое КБ и получить государственное финансирование. Эта был последний шанс продолжить то дело, которому он посвятил всю свою жизнь.

Если оценивать с теми знаниями, что мы сейчас имеем - реально идея копирования выглядит нелепо, ведь МиГ-15 в воздушном бою как минимум эквивалентен Сейбру, а есть мнение, что во многом превосходит 🙂 Изучить попавший в руки образец и взять из него лучшее - это всегда хорошо, в точности воспроизводить - очень странная затея. То что закончилось это ничем - вполне закономерный итог, но Сухой смог восстановить свое КБ.

Что касается возможности создания сверхзвукового 2-х МАХового Су-7 на базе дозвукового Ф-86 - хм..., даже не знаю как это комментировать ))) Технологические решения отдельные могли использоваться, бог его знает правда какие (мож у них протектор на колесах одинаковый ))) ), но к общему облику самолета это не имеет отношения. Вот Ф-100 - да, это реально машина на базе Сейбра. И то на Ф-86 уже мало чем похож да и 2 Маха не выжимает.

Что касается Ту-4 вс Б-29 - ЕМНИП Туполев был готов построить свой бомбовоз, но Сталину в пожарном порядке был нужен носитель бомбы с минимальным риском при разработке, поэтому тут можно понять почему был выбран вариант с копией.

АИМ-9 - действительно исключительно удачная ракета на свое время, как и АИМ-7, копия была оправданной. Хотелось бы конечно полностью своей ракеты, основанной на удачных технологических решения 9-ки, ну в итоге лучше поздно чем никогда, Р-60 таки появилась.

Edited by ААК
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Chizh said:

The USSR lagged behind totally in everything. And in military technology too, so there was a strategy of quantitative superiority, because it was impossible to achieve a qualitative one.
I myself is SME in the missiles area and I know what I am talking about. That is why we try to make missiles in the simulator as its are, and not according to legends and myths.

PS

Although perhaps from Hamburg you know better about USSR. )

The quantitative superiority was changed in favor of matching them with quality in the 80s, with the arguably equally (in my opinion more) potent designs of MiG-29, Su-27 and MiG-31 against sparrow- or just Sidewinder equipped NATO planes.

What makes you an SME in the missiles area? You're claiming to know more about their missiles, than the entire russian and soviet VVS and PVO  together, since you choose to not follow their documentation. What qualifies you to know better?

• Like 2

• ED Team
7 часов назад, falcon_120 сказал:

A bit off topic here but, is there any plan to develop any simulation base around ramjet powered missiles?

Yes, we are thinking about it.

• ED Team
9 часов назад, ААК сказал:

Ну так и оригинальная 7F вполне могла быть хуже Р-23 🙂

Оригинальная AIM-7F позволяла F-15A обстреливать МиГ-23 с 50 км. Превосходство в дальности очевидно.

А по каким критериям ты оцениваешь "технологическое превосходство" F-86 над Сейбром? У одного был радиодальномер, а у другого вместо пулемётов были технологически куда более продвинутые авиапушки 🙂

Есть такое понятие как культура производства и технологии производства. В этом американские изделия всегда опережали советские.

СССР скопировал у США кучу оборудования начиная с прицелов, всевозможных приводов, систем, заканчивая банальными кабинными фонариками и электроразъемами. У нас куда ни ткни в самолете везде можно увидеть американский след.

Что касается возможности создания сверхзвукового 2-х МАХового Су-7 на базе дозвукового Ф-86 - хм..., даже не знаю как это комментировать ))) Технологические решения отдельные могли использоваться, бог его знает правда какие (мож у них протектор на колесах одинаковый ))) ), но к общему облику самолета это не имеет отношения. Вот Ф-100 - да, это реально машина на базе Сейбра. И то на Ф-86 уже мало чем похож да и 2 Маха не выжимает.

Смотри шире. Технологии производства, системы и агрегаты.

Что касается Ту-4 вс Б-29 - ЕМНИП Туполев был готов построить свой бомбовоз, но Сталину в пожарном порядке был нужен носитель бомбы с минимальным риском при разработке, поэтому тут можно понять почему был выбран вариант с копией.

Потому что Туполев строил бы свой 10 лет, и он вышел бы устаревшим.

АИМ-9 - действительно исключительно удачная ракета на свое время, как и АИМ-7, копия была оправданной. Хотелось бы конечно полностью своей ракеты, основанной на удачных технологических решения 9-ки, ну в итоге лучше поздно чем никогда, Р-60 таки появилась.

Р-60 сложно назвать удачной ракетой.

• Like 3