TrackIr not working in any DCS program

wiiired

Hi!

Is trackir supposed to be found automatically or do I need to somehow set it up? Looked around the forums but I couldn't find anything. It doesn't work at all in A10 for me or any DCS progarm. Could it be because I'm having serial number problems with BS2 and it's not registered? Any help would be appreciated.

Turn on you TrackIR and then go into DCS World under Options and look at the control section. IF the program is seeing it, there should be a column associated with it like your stick, throttle and rudder pedals (if you have all these). Also be sure you have updated your program section of TrackIR and also have the most current software for it.

Yeah, the light is green. works fine without DCS. I uninstalled the whole thing, just reinstalled BS1. It shows TrackIr in control options but I still can't get it to work in BS1 either. I thought it was working in BS1 before I tried to upgrade. scratching head. I did scroll all the way and it just wasn't there.

In the titles section of TrackIR it should show DCS A-10C and Black Shark. You can't run BS1 out of DCS World; you have to have Black Shark 2 and even then you have to download the v1.2.0 of it for it to function out of DCS World.

However, I would expect you to be able to run TrackIR out of BS1 when BS1 is run separately. BS2 is a separete purchase but the upgrade to v1.2.0 for DCS World is free. It should also run A-10C as a separate program. I'm not assuming from your post that you do not have DCS World.

Edited by Speedbrake

Thanks for your help. Wow, what a nightmare, but I think I've got it now. I uninstalled dcs world and all dcs programs, then reinstalled bs1 up to 1.0.c or thereabout. Could not get TR 5 to work even though it showed up. went down to 4.whatever for my tr5 and it would work, but it's not all that hot, no smoothing, some other stuff. I was rummaging around the Track IR site and there was a suggestion to dl the newest software and save it to the desktop, not run it from dl manager, and then to run the setup program with administrative rights. Well, it worked. I've never been able to run the latest TIR program, only the second last. So any way, seems like I'm okay on that front. meet me in the Black shark forum 'cause my cockpit is all messed up in missions and instant action. it's like Alice n Wonderland white rabbit 3d stuff hanging in the air. Lol, it never stops. THanks again. wiiired