Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Wags

I want high fidelity DCS F15

There's a DCS F-15E beeing developed by Iris right now(could take up to 3 years to make though).

If you want a DCS F-15C.... well... wait :D

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcing Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3

Great News ! :thumbup:

A2G mode for the F-15C ? (dumb bombs)

Cockpit Shadows for (all) FC3 aircrafts ?

Nose Gear Spotlight on MiG-29s ?

Corrected "fully opened idle nozzle" animations for MiG-29s, Su-27/33 ?

Edited by HungaroJET

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

Damn ED is gonna take my lunch money....again!:cry: Soon im gonna tell my parents, but I have feeling they are too old by now to understand :megalol:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

I cant believe this news. Even when all the 3° parts proyects ( just the mig-21bis ) are western aircraft. ED come and bring us that sad news that just the F-15 have cockpit graphics improvement... I DONT SAY ANYTHING MORE; BECAUSE IF I CONTINUE SAYING WHAT I THINK I WILL BE BANNED OF THIS FORUM...

Edited by EtherealN
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry if this has been answered definitively/officially, but if so I didn't see it.

"Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat or a previous version Flaming Cliffs"

Does this mean if we have FC2 installed we won't need to install lock on? I mean, FC2 is a 'previous version' of Flaming Cliffs, right?

Just trying to figure out if I should get my copy of lockon reinstalled, or if I'm Ok with having just FC2 installed.

Thanks!

A2G mode for the F-15C ? (dumb bombs)

As the saying of the F-15C goes, "Not a pound for air to ground".

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

This is great news! I can't wait to be in that F-15 cockpit. I can smell the Nevada terrain already, red flag with that f-15 would be great.

If I may add my 2 cents I think FC3 should come with training missions, the training videos are not the same, it's better to hear somebody talk while you fly.

WAGS, will there be the options to export the mfd, radar and so on on the f-15C like we can so with the study sims?

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Cockpit Shadows for (all) FC3 aircrafts ?

Corrected "fully opened idle nozzle" animations for MiG-29s, Su-27/33 ?

1. Only the new F-15 cockpit will have shadows..

Edit: True...

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

If its gonna be part of the DCS world module..why would you need the old FC2 or Lockon Cd again? Couldn't FC3 be seprate...if irc Ubi owns the IP for lockon and FC2 but did ED secure all the rights for FC3?...i could be wrong.:dunno:

Somehow I am sure that ED knows what they can/cannot do with regard to UBI. I am also sure that if there were a way around the LockOn requirement that ED would be more than happy to take advantage of it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If its gonna be part of the DCS world module..why would you need the old FC2 or Lockon Cd again? Couldn't FC3 be seprate...if irc Ubi owns the IP for lockon and FC2 but did ED secure all the rights for FC3?...i could be wrong.:dunno:

ED are only allowed to make addons for LOMAC, FC3 is an addon in that it requires LOMAC in order to function. UBI does not own FC2 only LOMAC.

Nate

At all loading screens was just F-15 images, like whole FC2 was built around F-15 while other aircrafts was just peripheral. F-15 got 120C while Su-27 was left with SARH.

Its obvious that F-15 is the main FC aircraft and it will be in FC3 too.

We have 8 aircrafts in FC3 (including 25t, we have to pa it one way or another, there is nothing for free). So its about 5$ per aircraft. Now, new F-15 is worth of that money for sure, its updated very well.

But price for Su-27 (for example) is 5$ while its nothing really improved (its only imported in DCS W environment).

So, its clear that price for Su-27 and for F-15 cannot be same.

Yes, we have 8 aircraft...out of those 8, only 2 are US. Why no F-16 or F-18 which are export to how many countries and air forces?

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

FC3 will be priced at $39.99.

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 will require an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat or a previous version Flaming Cliffs.

This here is going to turn a lot of people away from the product. My guess is that there will be very few buyers that are new to the series and instead the only people willing to purchase FC3 will be current owners of LOMAC/FC2. The group that I fly with was initially excited, but the fact that you have to buy a ten year old game and have it installed in order to run FC3 in DCS World is a total deal breaker. The $39.99 price point seems fair for what we're getting, but for someone that doesn't own a previous version of the game, I highly doubt they're going to buy LOMAC/FC2 to run this, not unless the price is halved or it's offered in a bundle.

I personally have LOMAC, and will probably be the only one of my group to get FC3, which is a real shame. Despite the SFM's, the jets will add a great variety to mission creation, but the barrier to entry is completely ridiculous, especially if FC3 is going to have limited activations like all other ED products. Your market would be broadly expanded if you could cut loose from these requirements.

Now judging by some other posts here, it sounds like there is a legal issue with Ubisoft over this. Personally, I'd rather just tell them to shove it (as they're a horrible company for the PC anyway) and just make new SFM jets for DCS and sell them individually.

Edited by YeaImRota

http://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit

Hoggit 1st Fighter Wing

Weekly training missions on Tuesday nights, missions on Saturdays!

TS3: hoggit.us