Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

Zero Point

Zero Point is the first 3D 360 degree movie created for the Oculus Rift on PC. In the film, we follow the pioneers of virtual reality; the researchers and developers creating an entirely new digital dimension. From combat training simulations at the Department of Defense, to research labs at Stanford, to indie game developers and hackers, this immersive video experience will bring viewers into the future of virtual reality.

Watch in full screen.

Bye

Phant

AMVI

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting idea - hand tracking on the cheap. If the time latency was low enough I could see it used to track finger switching in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

I'm getting a major chuckle out of all the butt hurt. People really are willing to throw out their VR experience just because Facebook might subsidize it? The Rift was born in the hacker segment of the internet. Not like Facebook can force any tracking or content on people with the hacker segment of the population. They'll just use their own drivers with it. I welcome the insane boatloads of cash they have now. Anxious for July to be here already so I can start toying with DK2. Getting purchased by Facebook is not a betrayal of anyone in the community. It's the fulfillment of infinite amounts of cash to get it done right and produced in scale affordably.

Edited by BHawthorne

I must be getting too excited. It's only March, and I've just dismantled my Quad screen setup and moved the computer room around, in preparation for the DK2 arriving in July hopefully. :)

Figured I better get used to gaming on a single screen again for those games that don't support OR.

Luckily most of my flight sims do, just keeping my fingers crossed that we get COD working with it.

While I would prefer Facebook not to have bought OR, I'm still very very positive about what the future of VR will bring. Especially with such an amazing VR team working on one project.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

it's going to be a while before Facebook actually begin to screw Oculus up, CV1 is going to be better than initially anticipated and when it does go tits up VR will be mainstream enough that there will be other options feeding off the new components brought to market.

Bongodriver hit the nail on the head with that last comment. I'm looking forward to seeing what 1.2.8 brings. It will hopefully keep me happy until July and I think once I try DK2 I won't care about the big blue and white F logo on the front of it. :-p

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Here is something I would like to know,I know they added rift support in this next patch,but is it 3dof support for DK1 or the full 6dof for DK2,anyone know?

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

That's a fake, opportunists who surfaced the minute the facebook news was announced.

Perhaps that explains the pages loading speed. Near as I could tell, they are connected to the internet with a soup can and some string. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

They actually have a company website, but reading the spec list it's clear they just cherry picked a list of features that appealed to the main concerns.

time will tell but I am very sceptical on this one.

http://www.trueplayergear.com/

They claim that they worked on this project for 9 years! and all that have is this render! not even gaffertaped prototype. Smells like vaporware and riding on VR wave.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

TBH, i wouldnt be surprised if a Copy of DCS World becomes one of Oculus VR's main outlet to show off the unit in future Conferences.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

TBH, i wouldnt be surprised if a Copy of DCS World becomes one of Oculus VR's main outlet to show up the unit in future Conferences.

I would not go that far. Leaving out custom demos, P3d with a few addons would be more impressive. After EDGE is functional, that might be a different story but for the moment...

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Sounds fishy to me,I wouldnt give them a dime.

I signed up using a throw away email. Just to see what they will send me. Who knows, maybe it was in the works, and they are just riding the coattail of Oculus.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I would not go that far. Leaving out custom demos, P3d with a few addons would be more impressive. After EDGE is functional, that might be a different story but for the moment...

I didnt say the custom demos wouldnt be on their floor, but Im just sayin' having an flight sim with user in cockpit with a HOTAS on their demo floor might turn a few heads.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I didnt say the custom demos wouldnt be on their floor, but Im just sayin' having an flight sim with user in cockpit with a HOTAS on their demo floor might turn a few heads.

Agreed, but without EDGE in the picture, I would use Prepar3d (with ORBX and REX) for that purpose.

Oculus Rift Support Thread

Agreed, but without EDGE in the picture, I would use Prepar3d (with ORBX and REX) for that purpose.

Yep I doubt the mainstream crowd will appreciate or even notice the sweetest part of what DCS has to offer. Sad but true

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep I doubt the mainstream crowd will appreciate or even notice the sweetest part of what DCS has to offer. Sad but true

Exactly, this is about DCS, it is about what would be more visually impressive.

TBH, i wouldnt be surprised if a Copy of DCS World becomes one of Oculus VR's main outlet to show off the unit in future Conferences.

I would bet money something like that is going on,heres why.

Oculus came to Wags to show off presumably DK2.

Wags has a friend that works there,no idea who.

I made a post a few weeks back stating(actually guessing) that Hawk was being delayed because they had to go back and add rift support,that post and all replies to it were deleted.

Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist,but you never know lol.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

I would bet money something like that is going on,heres why.

Oculus came to Wags to show off presumably DK2.

Wags has a friend that works there,no idea who.

I made a post a few weeks back stating(actually guessing) that Hawk was being delayed because they had to go back and add rift support,that post and all replies to it were deleted.

Maybe I'm a conspiracy theorist,but you never know lol.

I was actually thinking about this before. There must be special relationship between Oculus and ED since probably only handful of Devs had access to HD prototype.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]