Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. Rather, I suspect VR in the next few years will focus on the seated position. This naturally lends itself well to vehicle simulations such as flight sims, driving games, and space ship games. FPS games will be trickier due to the awkwardness of "foot" movement in the VR environment.

Pretty much what I told them a few months ago.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Every now and again there is a paradigm shift in the entertainment market, I see this happening in the next two years with this level of VR. There are certainly challenges yet to be solved, but everything certainly seems within reach in the near future. We are working closely with OC and we plan on DCS being a "show case" example of what VR can bring.

Wow. Just wow. Just finished reading this third time...

I'm so happy that VR in DCS is gaining more and more momentum. I imagine how the DCS funbase will grow thanks to this wise move.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

Yes. This is good news.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Since ED confirmed official support for the VR devices we should get VR Sub forum instead of just stickie with 1200+ posts.

I don't think anyone new to this forum will go over all these pages (yes I did! but I'm hardcore reader/not poster:) to find some news/progress reports, implementation...etc.

What do MODs think about this idea?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 10 Pro x64, Asus PG279Q, i7-6700K, Nvidia GTX1080TI, 16GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, TM Warthog, Saitek Combat Pro Rudder Pedals, TIR5+Trackclip

• ED Team

Great info wags.

I have dropped pit building in favour of VR and oculus, really looking forward to getting my hands on a unit.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I took my Rift to work the other day and forced about 20 of my employees to jack in,I work with mostly young women. The next day every single one of them came to work and said my boyfriend or husband wants to know where they can get one lol.

Intel i7 6700k OC 4.7ghz

Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard

Zotac GTX980ti 6GB Amp Extreme

32 GB DDR4 3200 RAM

Oculus Rift CV1

Thrustmaster Warthog

We are working closely with OC and we plan on DCS being a "show case" example of what VR can bring.

That is the best news I have heard for a while, ( well at least since last week, when the dates for DCS Hawk was released. )

While I was fairly certain I would be grabbing a rift as soon as it was commercially avalible! now it's a garrenteed cert.

I can't wait to fly my Helos with the Rift, or attempt a night time carrier landing in DCS F18.

So so happy that Ed have decided to support the rift, and in true ED fashion, they haven't just decided to support it but to make sure DCS is a Showcase example, that there makes me think we are in for a treat.

Also + 1 for a OR forum, instead of just a sticky.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

And I say start a kickstarter just to prove it. So people will put up and DCS won't have to "guess" about market traction etc. I understand it's dependent on Rift development, so after the newer version ships, start a Kickstarter/et al project. I contributed to the WWII sim coming out, and it looks like other dev's are meeting their goals in not time. I'd be *happy* to contribute.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

my ultimate gaming platform soon to be realized!

1) my modified CH products helicopter seat

2) DCS EDGE/IG

3) DCS AH-1G

4) Oculus Rift

5) home made tactile transducer (buttkicker device)

6) home made copilot gunner reflex sight controller (if Belsimtek & ED release multiple players in one aircraft code)

im inching towards reality for this!!!

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

This makes me so happy - my favourite sim by far being developed to be a prime example of what the most promising tech of the near future can bring. Cheers Wags, you made my day! :)

| i9 12900K |  64GB DDR5-6000 | STRIX RTX 4090 OC | LG 38GN950 38" |

| Hanns-G HT225HPB | TIR 5 & Varjo Aero | Virpil Throttle & Stick | TM TPRs |

You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.

This thread is making me very happy now. Imagine being able to come home from a long hard day at work, sticking on your rift, loading up a free flight and just chilling out a bit feeling like you're actually there...

Were going to need more immersive clouds... :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

...The other element will be interaction within the VR environment. I had talks with Valve and OC about this and we have come possible solutions that will require a lot of trial and error.

This

I'm not very optimistic about Oculus integration in DCS until interaction with VR environment is sorted out. And display resolution is another thing which will probably influence my decision to wait for a second or third generation of forthcoming VR products.

Edited by danilop

Great news Matt, this is the best decision for DCS, implement Oculus Rift, thanks.

This

I'm not very optimistic about Oculus integration in DCS until interaction with VR environment is sorted out. And display resolution is another thing which will probably influence my decision to wait for a second or third generation of forthcoming VR products.

You know is confirmed the final version have Full HD (and Palmer says in a interview have more than Full HD)?.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cavallers del Cel - Comunintat Catalana de Simulació http://www.cavallersdelcel.cat

Full HD resolution from 5-7" display is way too low for device held at couple of inches or so from the eyes. Even the newest mobile devices, with similarly sized display, have much larger resolution than Full HD. And they're handheld - viewing distance is much larger than Oculus.

We need 4K+ display to have ideal resolution (pixels/degree) in VR glasses / helmets. And yes, it will happen sometime in, probably not too distant future. Oculus (and mass market VR) is in it's infancy. It will mature, for sure. Early adopters will have their exclusivity (as always), but for the rest of us it makes much more sense to wait for the technology to mature.

And, don't forget, competition will be stiff, very soon.

Oculus (VR in general) is the future. It will become necessity for gaming and flight simulation software like head tracking is now. It will just not happen overnight. Looking forward to it.

Edited by danilop