Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The joke is...they recommend me buying a slower processor. What a cock up.

Too expensive, no specs, and secret shipping costs. No dice.

shipping to UK is £30 Inc taxes.

it tells you when ordering.

payment taken when shipped

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Who does these conversion rates $600 = £410, where has the other £90 come from? UK customers get arse raped again. I was expecting Vive to cost £500 not Rift. but I get two games (that I cannot choose) and a xBox controller (to go with the one I already have) for the additional £200. Not to mention potential for £100 VAT charge + £30 shipping.

Oculus can go forth and multiply (**** off in other words).

• Like 1

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Well I'm UK and I ordered without hesitation... Maybe because I had a DK2 for a while and was blown away by the immersion (then I sold it for a nice little profit after advertising for what I paid - 2 buyers got carried away and bid against each other)

Simming is expensive. We all know that... I put a 980Ti in when they released in preparation for Oculus and there was no way I wasn't missing out. I got in for the March delivery so I'll be booking a couple of days off work end of March into early April :P

Flight sims, Race sims, Experiences when people come over for a beer... I can't bloody wait!

Who does these conversion rates $600 = £410, where has the other £90 come from? UK customers get arse raped again. I was expecting Vive to cost £500 not Rift. but I get two games (that I cannot choose) and a xBox controller (to go with the one I already have) for the additional £200. Not to mention potential for £100 VAT charge + £30 shipping.

Oculus can go forth and multiply (**** off in other words).

don't they ship from oculus Ireland? no duties...

this is what my.order confirmation states:

Oculus Rift (£499.00 ) x 1 = £499.00

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees: Applicable shipping, taxes and duties will be added to and charged in your payment upon shipment of the unit.

Order Total: £529.00

at the bottom of my email it state's oculus vr Ireland limited . .

Edited by =DECOY=

don't they ship from oculus Ireland? no duties...

this is what my.order confirmation states:

Oculus Rift (£499.00 ) x 1 = £499.00

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees: Applicable shipping, taxes and duties will be added to and charged in your payment upon shipment of the unit.

Order Total: £529.00

I would hope you are right. Don't get me wrong this isn't that I don't have the money, but my expectations of cost where a fair chunk lower, and I only had a second class ticket on the hype train.

I was kind of edging on OR being £350, and Vive £500. I am certainly going to wait for the Vive pricing before I splash out. I bet HTC were wiping the sweat from their brows, shouting "phew", and then laughing their tits off when the saw the $599 dollar price tag.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

. I bet HTC were wiping the sweat from their brows, shouting "phew", and then laughing their tits off when the saw the $599 dollar price tag.

you might be right :thumbup: I have to admit £529 is a lot but it could be worse it could be £750 lol

you might be right :thumbup: I have to admit £529 is a lot but it could be worse it could be £750 lol

Now I have to break this to my wife and watch her face drop.

My youtube channel

Now I have to break this to my wife and watch her face drop.

lol I told my wife it was £150 oh how I love having my own bank account lol .

just hope no one tells her the truth hehe

lol I told my wife it was £150 oh how I love having my own bank account lol .

just hope no one tells her the truth hehe

I told her I need a system too. I reckoned a £1000 all in, but now it is like the £1500 I assumed I would need.

My youtube channel

I told her I need a system too. I reckoned a £1000 all in, but now it is like the £1500 I assumed I would need.

but but you have 3 months to pay for the rift ; I'm sure if you say I need a pc first you can get away with it......then in march say you need the rift.)

you never know she might have forgotten to pc cost lol

but but you have 3 months to pay for the rift ; I'm sure if you say I need a pc first you can get away with it......then in march say you need the rift.)

you never know she might have forgotten to pc cost lol

Bollox, she wont forget, she'll hold it against me for every bloody handbag and piece of girl clart she buys from there on!

My youtube channel

Bollox, she wont forget, she'll hold it against me for every bloody handbag and piece of girl clart she buys from there on!

lol lol lol dude it's worth the crap

Edited by =DECOY=

A one to one conversion from Dollar to Euro i would have accepted.

But its not only a one to one conversion (which alone would be an insolence). Its a 100 € on top.

At the current exchange rate that alone is more than 750 USD! Plus shipping and taxes?

I'll definately wait for the VIVE, even if it costs 1000€.

Glad I never tried a VR yet and have no idea of the immersion that I miss.

Win10, i5 3570K@4GHz, OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX 980, TM HOTAS Warthog, TM Cougar MFD, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder, TrackIR5

A one to one conversion from Dollar to Euro i would have accepted.

But its not only a one to one conversion (which alone would be an insolence). Its a 100 € on top.

At the current exchange rate that alone is more than 750 USD! Plus shipping and taxes?

I'll definately wait for the VIVE, even if it costs 1000€.

Glad I never tried a VR yet and have no idea of the immersion that I miss.

Not forgetting that you won't be funding Facebook, if you buy the Vive.

My youtube channel

lol lol lol dude it's worth the cap

too true...

Right RANT over, off to get ready for football. I hope I don't foul anyone tonight due to my current frustrations ;op

My youtube channel

Here in Holland including shipping it's €741.. that's close to $800.. It's even more expensive here.. Very disappointed that I didn't fund Kickstarter back in the days.. I was thinking about it then. But now? With this price? I'll wat for CV3 Value Edition or a cheap chinese copy..

I guess developers won't be as enthusiastic about implementing the Rift into games anymore either..

Here in Holland including shipping it's €741.. that's close to $800.. It's even more expensive here.. Very disappointed that I didn't fund Kickstarter back in the days.. I was thinking about it then. But now? With this price? I'll wat for CV3 Value Edition or a cheap chinese copy..

I guess developers won't be as enthusiastic about implementing the Rift into games anymore either..

ouch....that's so wrong. can you use PayPal and pay in usd

wait 899usd is £540

€741 is £545

I paid £529 so a bit more your right