Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

Z-AXIS not working ? I cannot move closer to the instruments like I used to (pre 1.5). This used to help me read through the fly screen. I am on 0.7 runtime and the latest nvidia graphics driver.
Last time I looked, there was a special nVidia driver for the Rift. So it might be worth it to check into that for those who are using the latest nVidia driver.

Go here...

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/pc/0.7.0.0-beta/Oculus_Runtime_for_Windows/

...and scroll down to find a link to NVIDIA Driver Version 355.83 or later Keep following the links until you eventually get here... https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-vr-driver-support

...Then just choose the appropriate Operating System.

So did I miss out on a window of opportunity or something? I've had open beta installed for quite a while now, but I can't seem to get beta 1.5 installed. How is it then that there are a lot of people who have been able to install it? Thanks...

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time I looked, there was a special nVidia driver for the Rift. So it might be worth it to check into that for those who are using the latest nVidia driver.

Go here...

https://developer.oculus.com/downloads/pc/0.7.0.0-beta/Oculus_Runtime_for_Windows/

...and scroll down to find a link to NVIDIA Driver Version 355.83 or later Keep following the links until you eventually get here... https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-vr-driver-support

So did I miss out on a window of opportunity or something? I've had open beta installed for quite a while now, but I can't seem to get beta 1.5 installed. How is it then that there are a lot of people who have been able to install it? Thanks...

I tried the nvidia gameworks vr drivers yesterday. They made no difference.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I tried the nvidia gameworks vr drivers yesterday. They made no difference.
ok. But I recall that it did make a difference for me after I installed Oculus Runtime 0.7. I see now that the currently recommended gameworks vr driver has a higher version number (356.04) than the 355.84 version I installed. So when you say you have the latest nVidia driver installed, do you mean the latest gameworks driver, or do you mean the latest driver most people get from the nVidia website?

Finally, I also see now that the DCS 1.5 beta is available, so ignore all the stuff I posted about that. Thanks...

I have 356.04. Still has the washed out look and crashes constantly on mission load screen. I manged two flights in about 30 attempts.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Go here...

That's not a special driver. I have the latest Nvidia driver and that's all you need. Nvifia are including all VR stuff in their drivers there are no hidden drivers for VR. I saw something about an SDK driver, but you only use the SDK if you are developing software. You don't need SDK installed just run games.

@roigat tried going off line and you're right, worked 9 out of 10 times!

Using http://crystalrich.com/internetoff/ to turn internet on/off fast and easy.

Getting avg 45-60 fps on different modules on MAX Settings with the Rift :-D and no super hardware - i72600k (OC 4.4), 16gb RAM, MSI GeForce 970 4gb

Tried it and it's about 3 out of ten times for me I get it to work, I always crash when I exit though. I hope they make this fix a priority because I only use the Rift with DCS and it's just frustrating I can't use it. I can't even go back to using 1.2 DCS because 0.7 won't work with that. I expected 1.5 to have bugs, but I ddin't think it would be this hit and miss just connecting with the Rift. I'm just hoping there's a patch soon and I can start playing this game again. I find it much better learning the systems sat in the Rift and playing.

Tried it and it's about 3 out of ten times for me I get it to work, I always crash when I exit though. I hope they make this fix a priority because I only use the Rift with DCS and it's just frustrating I can't use it. I can't even go back to using 1.2 DCS because 0.7 won't work with that. I expected 1.5 to have bugs, but I ddin't think it would be this hit and miss just connecting with the Rift. I'm just hoping there's a patch soon and I can start playing this game again. I find it much better learning the systems sat in the Rift and playing.

Let's hope they decide to fix it sooner rather than later. I haven't 'flown' any simulator without the rift in a long time. I have xplane 10 and purchased all 3rd party helicopters. There's no sign of rift support coming to that platform - I haven't loaded it up since the early days of dk1! Just can't get any enjoyment from using a monitor with a flight sim now.

That's not a special driver. I have the latest Nvidia driver and that's all you need. Nvifia are including all VR stuff in their drivers there are no hidden drivers for VR. I saw something about an SDK driver, but you only use the SDK if you are developing software. You don't need SDK installed just run games.

Thanks, Crunchy. That's good to know. I had wondered if that might not be case now. I like the idea of again being able to use the latest updates any time nVidia makes them available. No more wondering what I'm missing out on :)

Let's hope they decide to fix it sooner rather than later. I haven't 'flown' any simulator without the rift in a long time. I have xplane 10 and purchased all 3rd party helicopters. There's no sign of rift support coming to that platform - I haven't loaded it up since the early days of dk1! Just can't get any enjoyment from using a monitor with a flight sim now.

Same here, but I can't use a monitor anymore because I have a pit that has only controls and the Oculus Rift attached to it. So basically all the setup in the pic is going to waste until this gets fixed. I'm starting to wish I never set this up for the Oculus now. But I'll be well please if it gets fixed quickly.

20151005_233818.thumb.jpg.72de442928243cdc9b81b24d5f59f941.jpg

Crash problems apart, how feel the Rift on 1.5 in terms of quality image, tracking and immersion in general, compared to last support version?

Bye

Phant

I think it's twice as good after I actually get in after the 10th time of crashing. Inside the cockpit is so much clearer. I have managed to get in the Ka-50 3 out of 20 attempts and it looks stunning inside this cockpit. Can't wait for it to be fixed to do a night mission. At the moment it's just to frustrating with the mission loading crash bug and having to keep restarting my PC. I can't see restarting my Pc so often is doing it anygood :joystick:

I'm probably getting 35 fps on medium settings in the Mig 21 with a 980 ti superclocked. That's depressing.

You need to turn Visb Range to low and turn shadows off. There the two settings that make a big difference in the Rift. With Visability range set to low you don't miss much in the rift because of the res it's got. What Cpu do you have? I suspect it's a good one with that 980Ti.

I'm probably getting 35 fps on medium settings in the Mig 21 with a 980 ti superclocked. That's depressing.

I get 150(!) fps in the Rift inside the K-4, all on max but shadows of. I usw 750 to, i5 and 8gb ram

:pilotfly:

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pedals, Oculus Rift

:joystick:

I always get 75 and sometimes 35 when my Nvidia GTX970 can't handle too much stress. That's in direct mode that forces VSYNC if I am not mistaken.

Windows 10 - i7 950@3.80 GHz - RAM 6Gbytes - Gigabyte GTX790 G1 - Thrustmaster T-FLIGHT HOTAS X - Oculus Rift DK2

Question for users. I watched a couple of videos on Youtube. The views I saw were cockpit on left of screen, outside view on right side, or 2 cockpit views on screen. Is this what I can expect?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Question for users. I watched a couple of videos on Youtube. The views I saw were cockpit on left of screen, outside view on right side, or 2 cockpit views on screen. Is this what I can expect?

Nope, they only do that for ease of your youtube viewing. In game it's 1st person be default (although you can go to outside views if you want to).

I just finished a KA50 mission. It's incredible how the hide and seek aspect comes to life when you can lean in your cockpit and try and look past buildings.

The res isn't enough at the moment to spot properly, and the 0.7 SDK brightness problem causes some issues, but wow when it comes together it's simply incredible!

Cheers,

Smirkza

I'm not sure I understand your question correctly, I believe you are asking what "you see."

What VR users see is a single image, though it's in stereoscopic 3D. Each eye gets a slightly different angle on the same image and your brain creates the 3D space. It is the most amazing experience in video games I have ever had. You "feel" like you could flip every switch, press every button and turn every dial - just by extending your hand.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

It feels wrong to get us all excited about DK2 support knowing that it only works literally 2% of the time.

What?

You are talking about a beta DK2 and a beta DCS 1.5... You honestly believe that everything will work 100% of the time?

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

What?

You are talking about a beta DK2 and a beta DCS 1.5... You honestly believe that everything will work 100% of the time?

Find a quote from me where I said anything remotely indicating that I believe that "everything will work 100% of the time" and I'll respond to you further.