Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

It's funny, once it's set up properly with minimal judder, I feel fine in the sim. It's when I take the rift off that I start to feel a little off lol. It's been 3 days now since I'm not using the rift, (let a friend borrow it), and I'm still not quite right. Anyone else getting longer term side effects after using the rift? It may just be that DCS is not currently using the biometric data from the OVRService.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Buznee:

That's funny you mention that. That's how I've felt the past few days. Almost like reality is the video game (DCS is a sim- just an analogy) with the fake looking artificial head bob and artifical movements. I've been wacked out too, enough to buy Dramamine long after the fact. It's been almost two full days. The last thing I tried was the spacewalk demo which starts you off in a spin...I was like yeaaaah, gonna' pass on that for now.

oculus rift dk1 not being recognized

after the last update my oculus rift dk1 is not being recognized anymore.

all other oculus supported games i have it still works so its dcs.

anyone the same issue?

suggestions?

it worked just fine, plug and play, and the best oculsu experience so far

especially the huey.

hope they fix it............

@ Buznee:

That's funny you mention that. That's how I've felt the past few days. Almost like reality is the video game (DCS is a sim- just an analogy) with the fake looking artificial head bob and artifical movements. I've been wacked out too, enough to buy Dramamine long after the fact. It's been almost two full days. The last thing I tried was the spacewalk demo which starts you off in a spin...I was like yeaaaah, gonna' pass on that for now.

Unplug your rudder pedals and throttle.

Enjoy your nice smooth EVA :)

Edited by CookPassBabtridge
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR

I did some testing with the Oculus Rift DK1 in DCS and I thought I'd write about it on the simulator forums I frequent (since I was really curious about reading about OR myself earlier), but it ended up becoming a pretty major story so I turned it into a blog post. If you're interested in my experiences with the device and my infinitely wise assessment of its potential, check out this post: http://anttiilomaki.wordpress.com/2014/09/15/oculus-rift-in-simulator-gaming-potentially-the-most-disruptive-tech-since-trackir/
Great article :thumbup:

It's funny, once it's set up properly with minimal judder, I feel fine in the sim. It's when I take the rift off that I start to feel a little off lol. It's been 3 days now since I'm not using the rift, (let a friend borrow it), and I'm still not quite right. Anyone else getting longer term side effects after using the rift? It may just be that DCS is not currently using the biometric data from the OVRService.
I had the DK1 for some weeks a year ago and I'm pretty sure that I'm more sensible to motion sickness since then. Just playing in a swing with my sons can make me feel bad. it didn't happen to me before.

Also, I remember to feel bad (or not completely right) for days while I had the rift.

The problem to focus on real life objects after a session is related to the stereoscopic view, and it also happens to me using 3D monitors, which I've been using for several years now (I started 3D gaming a couple of years before the 3D boom).

The little "recalibration" that eyes need to focus real life after a while of synthetic stereo is not a big deal. But the Rift making the user feel uncomfortable for days even not using it is something more serious and worrying.

Really? Makes sense, damn X52 Pro. I'm really looking forward to that now, thanks!

Heh yeah I tried that demo, same thing - straight in with the spinning, at a stage where I didnt have my vr legs yet. Whipped the headset off :)

Once its stable, that demo is f***ing awesome - at least for me it was one of the "emotional" rift experiences! I sometimes do the Rift Chuckle, which is when something is so amazing that you involuntarily laugh. But it also brings a nerd tear or two as well :D I'm in space. BEEP. Space. There's the earth, spinning away. BEEP. :**)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

Hi guys, I have a big problem with Oculus DK2 after the lastest upgrade!

Now the DK2 is working but any key from keyboard or mouse is working during fly.

Anyone have the same problem after upgrade?

Have you tried deselecting the Full Screen option in the settings? It will revert the base client to windowed, but the game will run in the rift as long as you have autodetect on.

Only side effect of this is a possible 'throttling' the DK2 to 60HZ if your normal monitor is not a 75Hz capable and set to it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

Hi, I tried all that I could! the problem is not the graphic and not the lost focus,

I think that all key of keyboard and mouse are disable!!!

I can just "esc" !! all other key don't work! and the same for the mouse!

this problem only with oculus mode, if I return on the main menu of the game, the keyboard return to work and the mouse also!!

in fact.. when the mission start.. i have to confirm the "fly" buttom to start paly.. but I can do it with mouse, and with the pause key

Any other with the same problem????

this appened after the last upgrade!

Hi oculus fan, I just found this thread on oculus website about my problem!!!!!

DO NOT TAKE THE UPDATE

I know its a bit late for some of you guys, but the update appears to be horribly broken. There are threads on it over at the forum. If you are on steam, start it up offline and uncheck auto update, and if you use the standalone then cancel the update. People are having to reinstall the entire game and there is an apology from Wags on the site:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130304

Wireline

Re: DCS Does Work And ***IS*** Amazing

Unread postby gonk » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:28 am

spewin... as this patch (stand-alone) makes Devkit 2 work for me (with latest SDK). It works in single player only, as MP crashes if I try to use the dev kit. Eg under options... untick full screen, tick auto detect oculus rift. In the Ocuculs config utility set Display mode to Extend Desktop to HMD. Fire up the game and play instant action.....

Problems are the menu and the mouse clicking do not match...you have close one eye... guess the between eyes part of the screen and start clicking to operate the menu.. painful but I did get it to start a mission..

Now we just need higher res to read the HUD/DU's properly.

I'm oging to reinstall the entire game :-(

I have to do something for the serial activation?

If I uninstall, and reinstall, I will put the serial.. everything will ok?

I ask this because I read somewhere that I have to deactivate the serial..

It's Correct? sorry for this question but I'm already a newbie

andrea

• ED Team

live at the moment

http://www.twitch.tv/oculus

Oculus Connect – Keynote Livestream @ 9:30am 9/20/14

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

If any of you guys would be interested in uploading cool tracks of yourselves, or watching the tracks of others for watching in your rift, I started a thread here about it:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=130800

I think DCS' ability to actually put you in the pilot's shoes is an amazing function. It would even be cool to make an 'official' set of tracks to download from steam / the ED website as a kind of interactive trailer, viewable in the rift.

Personally I just wanna see guys doing impossible sh*t flying in between oil rigs :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY