Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah my only thought would be a IR issue. Is there maybe a mirror behind you or glossy surface that may be reflecting the IR light from the headset back to the camera?

Not really. I am in my living room and there is only a sofa behind me, plus the lamp I turned off. Its really weird that on Saturday / Sunday it was fine. I'm going to try turning off the LED's on my warthog and keyboard :idea:

Edited by CookPassBabtridge

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

PRODIGAL WOMBAT STIMULATOR

I think the cockpit shake is a whole separate issue. I mean the terrain doesn't shake with it...

Exactly, this is a different issue thats got nothing to do with other lights in the room. If it was then it would obviously give your problems in other software and in dcd the whole frame would jump, not just the cockpit.

I have had it from day one and on the dcd thread in the oculus forum this is one of the main complaints.

Exactly, this is a different issue thats got nothing to do with other lights in the room. If it was then it would obviously give your problems in other software and in dcd the whole frame would jump, not just the cockpit.

I have had it from day one and on the dcd thread in the oculus forum this is one of the main complaints.

One of those complainants is me, in disguise ... :D

EDIT:

Right I changed a bunch of stuff and tonight , at least, seems to be wobble free. This is for the Huey, probably half of it means nothing, or maybe even all of it :D :

1. Autopilot availability OFF

2. Central Position Trimmer Mode ON (god this is useful, also set the trim reset to my pinky lever)

3. TrackIR aiming OFF

4. User snap view saving OFF

5. Force Feedback OFF

6. Padlock OFF (not that it seemed to do anything in non-oculus mode anyway)

7. Unlimited fuel ON

I also went and edited the graphics.lua to:

options.graphics.maxfps = 75

So, yeah. For what its worth, tonight was nice and smooth, no feeling like the chopper was trying to leap backwards from under me. We shall see if it lasts....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

One of those complainants is me, in disguise ... :D

EDIT:

Right I changed a bunch of stuff and tonight , at least, seems to be wobble free. This is for the Huey, probably half of it means nothing, or maybe even all of it :D :

1. Autopilot availability OFF

2. Central Position Trimmer Mode ON (god this is useful, also set the trim reset to my pinky lever)

3. TrackIR aiming OFF

4. User snap view saving OFF

5. Force Feedback OFF

6. Padlock OFF (not that it seemed to do anything in non-oculus mode anyway)

7. Unlimited fuel ON

I also went and edited the graphics.lua to:

So, yeah. For what its worth, tonight was nice and smooth, no feeling like the chopper was trying to leap backwards from under me. We shall see if it lasts....

You are luckier than I. I have already done the maxfps in the config file. Also tried using dxtory to limit to 75. BTW, I think this had an effect, subtle but it has not cured the jiggling cockpit.

You are luckier than I. I have already done the maxfps in the config file. Also tried using dxtory to limit to 75. BTW, I think this had an effect, subtle but it has not cured the jiggling cockpit.

Yeah, tbh I am expecting to jump back in tonight and have it wobbling all over the place again :( I don;t know if it was pure placebo engineering, but it did seem smoother, as you say. Not the head movement round the cockpit, but the movement of the aircraft and of the terrain. Could be totally imagining it though :D

PIT JIGGLE :spam_laser:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I LIKE TO PLAY

I'm sorry if it's mentioned already, I did not bother reading the entire thread.

Have people already come up with a solution for not seeing your keyboard and other controls, besides the option of using only your mouse to click on every button in the virtual pit?

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

I'm sorry if it's mentioned already, I did not bother reading the entire thread.

Have people already come up with a solution for not seeing your keyboard and other controls, besides the option of using only your mouse to click on every button in the virtual pit?

look out the bottom/vents?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Best solution is to map the HOTAS decently, learn more about the cockpit systems and recognise them, you then no longer need the keyboard and can push it to one side when playing the sim.

I'd disagree.

While I do use a Warthog I still find using some of the switches in cockpit a bit of fun.

I've got a thread explicitly detailing some tips and trick to help aid the immersion of VR and using the virtual cockpit combined with a button on the joystick works a treat.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129920

I've also got details on how to modify the cockpit "hover labels" so they're a little easier to read in VR which helps out us noobs :)

I'd disagree.

While I do use a Warthog I still find using some of the switches in cockpit a bit of fun.

I've got a thread explicitly detailing some tips and trick to help aid the immersion of VR and using the virtual cockpit combined with a button on the joystick works a treat.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=129920

I've also got details on how to modify the cockpit "hover labels" so they're a little easier to read in VR which helps out us noobs :)

Not sure what you disagree with, it seems to be what I said i.e. HOTAS and cockpit.

@starsky396

The 3D rainbow looking effect at the bottom of your view? Buznee is right, go into the Oculus Configuration utility under advanced I think (I'm on a different PC) and pause service. -latest Beta SDK, also have Extended mode checked under the rift mode?. If you don't have 6 DOF close out everything and try again, that's what has worked for me. Get ready for a mind job,and maybe have a trash can nearby just in case. I think the older you get the more prone to motion sickness you become.