Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

tobaschi

Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Oculus Rift and DCS World Discussion

• 599$ did not faze you, and YOU PRE-ORDER IT!
    • 599$ puts me into bankrupcy - I will not spend that kind of money - WILL NOT BUY
    • on the fence, will BUY LATER (at retail launch)

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is they are tearing apart a beta developer unit, not the retail.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Oculus Rift co-founder and lead engineer Andrew Reisse was killed by a speeding car being pursued by police. :(

RIP

source

Intel 5820k | Asus X-99A | Crucial 16GB | Powercolor Devil RX580 8GB | Win 10 x64 | Oculus Rift | https://gallery.ksotov.co.uk

Patiently waiting for: DCS: Panavia Tornado, DCS: SA-2 Guideline, DCS: SA-3 Goa, DCS: S-300 Grumble

Oculus Rift co-founder and lead engineer Andrew Reisse was killed by a speeding car being pursued by police. :(

RIP

Wow.

RIP

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

We have a huge Oculus Thread already, Search Function.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93477&page=41&highlight=Oculus

Get ready for the Merge...................

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

I dont understand why Im seeing videos of 14-15 yr olds with DevKit units, what's the point?, they arent gonna develop anything for it, and they are gonna whine and complain when it goes retail with better specs than their dev units.

Smh.. which is why I got my Dev Unit, played with it for a week, then shipped it to a buddy of mine so he can work on stuff for it (Since he didnt have the $$ for kickstarter)

So, who all here has a rift?

I got mine about a week ago. I've done successful aerobatic flights in DCS with the Rift using Oculus Overlay, Monitor.lua and OpenTrack.

Resolution is too low, but we all know that. Its fun, but it makes me want the consumer version that much more.

Got mine a few days agp and the timing was just bad so I have not even had a chance to hook it up yet. Hopefully, this weekend.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Oh and an update for all the people talking about not being able to see the keyboard. VorpX drivers to be released shortly have a virtual keyboard that can be pulled up while in game.

Hopefully they'll work with DCS but its a decent solution either way.

Oh and an update for all the people talking about not being able to see the keyboard. VorpX drivers to be released shortly have a virtual keyboard that can be pulled up while in game.

Hopefully they'll work with DCS but its a decent solution either way.

I would like to be able to peck at the virtual keyboard with my nose, like a chicken, so I dont have to take my hands off the stick :)

I would like to be able to peck at the virtual keyboard with my nose, like a chicken, so I dont have to take my hands off the stick :)

Now there is a YouTube video waiting to be made! :lol:

Ya, we should have some drivers shortly! I have to say that Flying with the rift is more enjoyable than a monitor, even with the low resolution. Once useable drivers are released, I would like to get a MP flight together with all the rifters.

I have mine for quite a while now. Currently use it on weekends for an hour to check demos which pop up every second day. Didn't flew in DCS in mine, as I found all the existing methods to hook it up in DCS unsatisfactory. And I don't want to spend too much time hooking it up in DCS now, and then twitching for proper stereo setup, because of low rez, I know that I will not use it much for DCS.

Actually waiting for VorpX driver, which should be out soon, hopefully it will be a good plug&play solution to try it in DCS and FSX.

But I like the idea to get all the rifters in one online DCS flight.

But I like the idea to get all the rifters in one online DCS flight.

Yes, that would be cool.