• Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that's EXACTLY why we need the private MiG-31 mod to go public, or a new MiG-31 mod or module. R-33 Amos ftw.

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

And that's EXACTLY why we need the private MiG-31 mod to go public, or a new MiG-31 mod or module. R-33 Amos ftw.

Unfortunately a mod won't cut it on MP. I'm hoping the ED is working on something with Russia, but not holding my breath due to the limitations of simulating their aircraft as we all know by now.

Edited by Dagger71

Unfortunately a mod won't cut it on MP

Why shouldn't it? It just depends on the quality of the mod, or?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

I would vote for the SU-30MKI if it was on the list.

Also I would love a MIG-27.

I just tried the player made SU-30 mod, but I can't get it to be player pilotable, it is only AI as far as I can tell. It is a very beautiful model though.

I would like to see Su 22 alongside with MiG 25PD. Those would be very interesting planes to fly and fight with. Also since BlUEFOR got AIM 9X, could we get some modernized Archers please :) Some modernized MiG 29 and Su 27 would be nice to be sure, but thats kinda utopic.

The thing is that as stated by Wags being ED a Russian company I see little chance for any on the list save for the SU 22, witch I voted (love 70´s aircraft) I believe we would be very lucky if we got a Mig 29A. anything else is off the "clasified" scope....

My hope is for Deka to get us some Chinese hardware... I am very much loking fordward for the J-17

Su-17M4 > Su-22

After Wags statement I still believe it is possible for ED to develop legacy Soviet aircraft that are no longer in any form of production use or support from UAC. Su-17 and MiG-27 are not even kept in reserve.

It's all on the table for third parties, I'd love a Su-30M, prefer without canards but I'll take it either way. Even a PVO version with zero A2G capability.

• 2 weeks later...
For all of you that want modern Russian jets to come to DCS here is a great Podcast with Wags that explains why they are not possible for ED.

https://alert5podcast.podbean.com/e/scramble-04-matt-wags-wagner/

not possible for ED but he did say the same restrictions dont apply to the 3rd parties.

SO whislt i wouldn't expect 21st century Russian fighters ( Gl fiinding data) that does in turn still make it possible for a 3rd party to go for for 80s 4th gen like Mig29A, and maybe Su27S

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 3 months later...

So, basically, this game is an unfulfilling dead-end for anyone wanting anything competitive for RED while BLUE can have pretty much anything and club RED into the ground. Wonder if R27 and R77 guidance, tracking and flare-resistance issues are actually just an accident, lol.

So, basically, this game is an unfulfilling dead-end for anyone wanting anything competitive for RED while BLUE can have pretty much anything and club RED into the ground. Wonder if R27 and R77 guidance, tracking and flare-resistance issues are actually just an accident, lol.

Well, eventually the plane set will grow.

Right now you have mig15/19/21 and the 23MLA (2020?) planned, so you more or less will have redfor cold war coverage up to the 80's. On the blue side you have the F86/F5E/Viggen(ish) and the F4E (2020?) and F8J (2021?) and F14A (2020?) and A6? (80's or 90's version) planned, so that will "fill up" the cold war era plane set somewhat.

The main gaps there will be for Redfor Strike aircraft, so I'm hopeful for a SU-17/24/25 at some point.

On the REDFOR 4th gen side we are getting the JF17, which will likely be the most modern Red air jet that is doable in DCS. I'm hopeful we might see an 80's era mig29 or SU27 but I doubt we will see anything more modern and Russian from the 90's or early 2000's like the blufor jets we have due to Russia and china not exactly being forthcoming about their latest greatest tech.

At the end of the day I've always wondered about the logic when it comes to plane selection in DCS, and I think BST had a good thing going when they were doing "matched sets" of aircraft from the same era. At this point, I still think this is a decent idea, but as we get more and more planes I think its worth looking at what are "gaps" and filling those. The F4 and Mig23 for example fill a huge holes in Bluefor and Redfor respectively.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It’s almost the reverse for Helis.

How so?

You got 2 red and 2 blue. 2 transports, and an red attack, and blue scout with ATGMs.

Down the road we will get the Mi24 :thumbup: and the AH-1S? :thumbup::thumbup:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

not possible for ED but he did say the same restrictions dont apply to the 3rd parties.

Not true. Mi-8 and Mi-24 are Soviet/Russian hardware and they are in Road map or released... They just don’t want spend a cent in everything can do market competence to certain modules they want first over others. They (The Fighter Collection) are focused in USAF hardware, probably we (the people) are not the only clients.

Example WWII modules. Every time you go to multiplayer most of the time you find one server up and non player in them. Tell me what...? and they still continue bringing western WWII to keep watching a deserted WWII DCS for who...? The people want to play the main air battles of the luftwaffe against the awesomest Russian WWII fighters, Katyusha hammering the Wehrmacht, the biggest tank battles ever exist in the planet were performed between Germany and Soviet Union. In this case what is the reason...?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not true. Mi-8 and Mi-24 are Soviet/Russian hardware and they are in Road map or released... They just don’t want spend a cent in everything can do market competence to certain modules they want first over others. They (The Fighter Collection) are focused in USAF hardware, probably we (the people) are not the only clients.

Example WWII modules. Every time you go to multiplayer most of the time you find one server up and non player in them. Tell me what...? and they still continue bringing western WWII to keep watching a deserted WWII DCS for who...? The people want to play the main air battles of the luftwaffe against the awesomest Russian WWII fighters, Katyusha hammering the Wehrmacht, the biggest tank battles ever exist in the planet were performed between Germany and Soviet Union. In this case what is the reason...?

Pepin, you really need to work on your English, I'm not sure if you just dump stuff into google translate or not, but half it sounds like gibberish and doesn't make you sound good. No offense intended.

As for your comment, I think the "mysterious" reason that they can do Russian Helos, they seem to have "ins" into that aspect of the russian aerospace industry, but not Mig or Sukhoi. Plus the Mi24 being modeled is pretty darn old (70's or 80's version) at least compared to the KA50.

That and I think they need to "grab" the "iconic" western aircraft first since thats what they think will make them money. I'd be willing to bet there are way more people interested in flying the F16 than a Su-17 or Mig29.

Not true???

You do realize this was stated in a podcast by Matt himself...... unless you want to accuse him of intentionally lying to mislead all of us?

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD