• Mikoyan MiG-29M 'Fulcrum-E'
    • Mikoyan MiG-25PDSL 'Foxbat-E'
    • Sukhoi SU-25KM 'Scorpion'
    • Sukhoi Su-22M5 'Fitter'
    • Sukhoi Su-35BM 'Flanker-E'
    • Sukhoi Su-24M2 'Fencer-D'
    • Sukhoi PAK FA
    • Mikoyan MiG-35 'Fulcrum-F'

I vote MiG-23MLD (or MLA), MiG-25PD, MiG-21-93 (or better) or full DCS MiG-29S. Why? Detailed info is available on all of them and they are a better fit for the existing plane set in DCS. The requests for things like the PAK FA, Su-37 and F-35 are just outright silly. These planes haven't even left the prototype stage yet, never mind all the classified bits. We simply can't have anything that's state of the art or prototype at full DCS level. They could approximate a lot of it at a FC3 level I suppose but DCS is shifting away from that style.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAK-141 or YAK-38M would be fine. They have exotic design, vtol feature etc.

But if i think about 2 seats, SU-24 will be greatfull.

Yak-141 is experimental and most systems weren't integrated before the development shut down, so it's unlikely there's very good data around. The Yak-38 is an extremely limited aircraft, and if we're doing VTOL the Harrier GR.3, GR.7, AV-8B or AV-8B+ would be far more interesting with a better flight envelope.

If there was solid data for the Yak-141, including the integration of all the planned weapons, I think that would be pretty sweet.

Yak-141 is experimental and most systems weren't integrated before the development shut down

Thanks for informations. So that will give a chance to ED about integrating all systems to yak-141. isnt it? : )

• 2 weeks later...

(looking for a thread where this post would be appropriate - please move if i've chosen incorrectly, thank you)

great new vid featuring the SU-34 --- great videography!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxsJlm8cFg

wow....... if "some"day this could be in DCS!!

(hey devs - #WillBuy any and all modern fighters!) 8)

Edited by SDsc0rch

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

(looking for a thread where this post would be appropriate - please move if i've chosen incorrectly, thank you)

great new vid featuring the SU-34 --- great videography!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btxsJlm8cFg

wow....... if "some"day this could be in DCS!!

(hey devs - #WillBuy any and all modern fighters!) 8)

Oh man is that ever sweet and sexy looking... and with multiplayer cockpits coming soon™, that would be perfect!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

Not yet anyways, planned for MiG-31BM upgrade. Regardless, the MiG-25PD is my top pick among the reasonable planes to add. Don't know why the PDSL is listed, only a single PDSL was made and the difference is the addition of ECM. ECM isn't terribly relevant to a plane that can evade just about any missile by simply switching the AB on.

SU-25SM

Can we please has it ED. Something I would willingly pay 40.00 for if brought to fully interactable cockpit level.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

That's what I thought as well, but if you think about it, the single MFD in the cockpit is the same tech that the BS uses, all of the other systems remain the same, and the flight model is a direct port over from The T Frog. Even if we don't get a full clickable cockpit, we could still get everything we normally have as well as a new set of functions to flip between modes on the MFD such as map, position of friendlies, way points and Shkval camera. Just think, a Frogfoot with more zoom to pick out those pesky SAMs, TORs and Shilkas from a longer distance. If not an SM, then at least adjust the Shkval in the 25T to match the capabilities in the BS.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

I think you confused the 2 branches of the Frog.

The extension of the -T is the -TM. It is a T with the addition of a pod mounted radar and a few other things. It is based on the hump back (2 seat) air frame.

The -SM is the upgrade for the original Frog without the Shkval. It also uses the pod mounted Kopyo radar with several other upgrades and modernizations.

I meant we should get the SM and/ or get more functionality out of the Shkval system with adjustable brightness and a better zoom function like the KA-50 has.

The RuAF 25SM,doesn´t have any radar pod or Shkval or SEAD pod.

It´s a simple upgrade for the nav/attack suite of the 25A plus the capacity for use new guided EO-Bombs.

It has a right MFCD for nav and control, but nothing more.

The first use of "25SM" was by Sukhoi for a upgrade with radar, EO Pods, and more things, but was dropped by excesive costs.

Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
I would love to see a modern Russian bomber in DCS. The Ty-160 is of course off limits, but I'm wondering if there's enough data on the Ty-22 or early versions of the Ty-95. Hell, even a Ty-16 would be awesome. But we'd need both multicrew and AG radar. Maybe one day...

Why a Tu-160 if off limits??? I don't see any impediment on that. 4 coop or IA for the other crew. And Tu-160 is old plane I'm sure that somewhere on Internet there is a Fly manual. And the Tu-22 and Tu-95 is tha same.:thumbup:

I'm just waiting for the Mig-29SMT or Su-35.

La guerra, asi como es madrastra de los cobardes, es madre de los valientes.

Cervantes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]