the bias towards russian aircraft seems to be growing..

...instead of being more balanced.

With the new patch, it looks like the A10 and F15 have been further weakened?? As if the F15 wasn't underperforming before (weak AIM 120s), the devs have decided to make it harder to achieve a lock in Close combat modes. And now the mavericks can get shot down by tunguskas as well. I may be defecting soon.

:icon_jook

You don't fly Russian aircraft much, do you? ;)

The MiGs and Sues have been dropping out of the skies lately ;)

As far as the SAMs go, most people are experienceing different results ... not sure why yet. Either way a double-tap with a mav will do the trick.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

With the new patch, it looks like the A10 and F15 have been further weakened?? As if the F15 wasn't underperforming before (weak AIM 120s), the devs have decided to make it harder to achieve a lock in Close combat modes. And now the mavericks can get shot down by tunguskas as well. I may be defecting soon.

Wow. first booze-:icon_jook now drugs too. :icon_weed

Russian bird pilots , please support the "EJECT now and save an F-15 today" movement .

As some of you know the F-15 is an endangered species because of a very weak radar and weapons system , this poor bird can only cary 8 x 120s and can barely track and engage 8 targets at the same time making it #1 on the soon to be extinct bird species list .

It is also evident that the community cares a lot about this feeble, cuddly bird as we see more and more flyiers online taking up F-15s in a futile attempt to save the species.

Join me now in prayer to BudhED

please ED , don't make me lose lock...

Amen

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

Trust me, the radar doesn't work as well as it did before. It's practically like flying a stinky old MiG.:D

Ok, not really that bad. ;)

Even an F-4 radar isn't that bad :D

Kidding ;)

As if the F15 wasn't underperforming before (weak AIM 120s), the devs have decided to make it harder to achieve a lock in Close combat modes.

Both good points. From what sources there are, it seems that the AIM-120 should in many cases (especially in the terminal phase of intercept) be *clearly* superior to both the AIM-7M and the R-27ER, but this is not the case - provided you keep lock for the SARH missiles, of course.

Moreover, it is also a fact that the CAC modes in the F-15C extend out to 15 nm. Again, why this is not implemented is unexplained.

sigzk5.jpg

Ryke, how many times have you flown the 15 since 1.11 came out? :P

Trust me, the radar doesn't work as well as it did before. It's practically like flying a stinky old MiG.:D

Ok, not really that bad. ;)

Mig_Pilot.jpg

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

One thing about the downgrading of the 15 I'm happy to see is the correction of scanning altitudes. It was a bit generous before. Now you don't see radar returns you shouldn't see because you weren't scanning low enough or high enough. This may be the case for all planes, I don't know.

You don't fly Russian aircraft much, do you? ;)

The MiGs and Sues have been dropping out of the skies lately ;)

As far as the SAMs go, most people are experienceing different results ... not sure why yet. Either way a double-tap with a mav will do the trick.

you've been shooting at target drones again ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing about the downgrading of the 15 I'm happy to see is the correction of scanning altitudes. It was a bit generous before. Now you don't see radar returns you shouldn't see because you weren't scanning low enough or high enough. This may be the case for all planes, I don't know.

Jupp that's been the case for the Russian fighters for a while

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can still track targets in TWS mode even after you have tilted your antenna away from its direction (f-15).

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You can still track targets in TWS mode even after you have tilted your antenna away from its direction (f-15).

really ?? nice "feature" :icon_wink

Rodrigo Monteiro

LOCKON 1.12

AMD 3.8 X2 64 2G DDR ATI X1800XT 512

SAITEK X-36

AND VERY SOON TRACKIR-4

isnt that because the f15s computer in tws mode predicts the

contacts flight paths movement in mfd , no radar energy is being used once contacts have been

locked up until it sweeps over them in the next scan cycle. ... providing the contact does not speed up and do a high g turn , tws mode should track the contacts........

The target can do whatever it wants, TWS will still track it.

However it shouldn't really be tracking targets that are outside the scan zone unless you're using an AESA radar, last i checked anyway.

TWS bugged targets are also not displayed properly, ie. the tracking is real-time and it most certainly shouldn't be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

However it shouldn't really be tracking targets that are outside the scan zone unless you're using an AESA radar, last i checked anyway.

TWS bugged targets are also not displayed properly, ie. the tracking is real-time and it most certainly shouldn't be.

yes I noticed this too, and so should be the square around the target in the HUD.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

GOYA, to be more clear in what I meant:

Targets that are NOT bugged are updated correctly.

Targets that ARE bugged are updated real-time, which is incorrect.

I don't know if you have Jane's F/A-18, but if you do have a look at how a target bugged on TWS behaves there with respect to updates on HUD and Radar scope - that is the correct behavior :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As I udnerstadn the functionality from the MLU manual (which may NOT be the same as in the F-15), the radar will keep the scan centered on yoru primary target. if a secondary/tertiary etc moves out of the scan zone, it's lost.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

At the risk of being labeled a total "fan-boy", which I am without a doubt, I'd like to state an *opinion*: ED DOES NOT HAVE AN AGENDA AGAINST WESTERN AIRCRAFT.

Having the opportunity to communicate with many of the key team members, as well as read the Russian forum on a regular basis, I can assure you that they are fond of Western aviation just as much as Eastern. In fact, they will often argue with your companions on the Russian forum, who allege that Russian a/c are "undermodelled".

Try to understand that for every gripe you have, there are 100 other forum members with their own gripes. Then there are the beta-testers, some of whom know this project inside out like you couldn't believe and give ED no break in listing all its faults (which is healthy, of course). Then, there's ED members themselves, who, believe it or not, actually want to make a better, more realistic simulation and have tenfold more gripes about the sim than any one of us. And all of those gripes are important and should, in a perfect world, be attended to. But, as you understant, we live in a world of limits. Limits on personel, limits on time, and limits on cash.

LOMAC is nearing its end. The current selection of flyables is more or less frozen as they are. Outside of minor changes, ED wants to be able to focus on their next projects, so they can be of highest quality and fidelity. At this point, nobody here really knows what those projects are (outside of the Ka-50 obviously, which, by the way, will still be flying within the confines of the Lock on universe and at least some of its problems). If we should be lucky enough to see any of the current flyables featured in future projects, you can expect a completely new simualation, one far more detailed and complex. But first we have to move on...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for criticism. But it isn't worth getting frustrated over. Nobody is out to screw you.

I deeply apologize for the rant. I have nothing but respect for you guys. Just my collection of thoughts on the subject.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules