TM Warthog In-Game Centering Issue

I am having an issue with centering in DCS:World with my new TM Warthog. The gear is fine and the joystick shows as perfectly centered both x and y with a value of 32767 in TARGET. The issue is that once I start a mission or instant action and start any input, the sim is showing my joystick as not being centered. Generally the crosshairs show the stick being pushed forward ~5-7%. When I check the axis tune within the DCS options menu, it also shows close to perfectly centered as well.

I can trim out this input but I would much prefer to understand and hopefully correct the sim to be centered in game. I have searched around and found calibration tools but nothing covering this issue (I may have missed something or I could just be blind). Thanks in advance for any help.

How about updating the firmware? What does the windows calibration tool say? Run a calibration (games -> tools -> input devices -> properties -> settings -> calibrate), tick 'display raw data' and check what values the centre position return.

Edited by Corrigan

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

The in game shows it not being centered. But what I figured out by testing is that the in game input display is not showing the hardware input but the effective input. So when you add trim the diamond will move on the in game display. Interesting choice by the devs, but definitely makes getting the aircraft correctly trimmed straightforward.

The in game shows it not being centered. But what I figured out by testing is that the in game input display is not showing the hardware input but the effective input. So when you add trim the diamond will move on the in game display. Interesting choice by the devs, but definitely makes getting the aircraft correctly trimmed straightforward.

This is a limitation of the P-51 beta and should be remedied. The trim controls don't move the trim tabs but control surfaces. AFAIK, of course.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.