X 52 Pro problem

Hey everyone,

I just got my hands on a Saitek X 52 pro and I have to confess, the handling of the joystick isn't too bad, I mean you get what you pay

for right.. both good and bad.. :)

There's a nagging issue I have with some of the buttons in the

Windows calibration and testing utility..

1.Try as I might I can't seem to get buttons 35-39 lit.. Where are the buttons that govern those responses?

2.Also, is it normal for buttons 17 and 18 to momentarily flash when scrolling with the wheel?

Generally all the hat switches and other buttons work fine.. I had a poorly responsive "fire D" button but that's improved with frequent pushes and it's not sluggish anymore..

3.The rotary axis's esp. the 'Y' occasionally spike and jitter a little, same goes with the throttle when it's at extremes of motion.. Is this expected..Is a little spiking normal? This throttle is brand new!

I installed off the CD and I followed the instructions carefully to only plug in the controller when prompted.. It went well or so I thought..

I'm going to try installing with the latest drivers from Saitek's website.

Do I need to bother with that, or should I just exchange it? It's only a day old..

My system

Core i7 920 OC to 4.34 Ghz

Asus P6T

Windows 7 64 bit

6 GB Ram

Radeon 5850

Corsair TX 850 W PS

Thanks

All of that sounds normal. I don't recall which buttons those last numbers go with but the blinking lights for the wheel is correct (one light for each direction).

The spikes may vary from unit to unit but they are all going to have them.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: