Tank can be used protective smoke grenades?

Keshman

Hello)

I have a question for you about: smoke grenades, smoke shell....Tank can be used protective smoke grenades in A10C and DCS World ?)

If yes! How does it work? How to use it?

Please see picture! ( my english is bad for the special questions :()

Abrams-desert.thumb.jpg.99df50df139f797d533cef46ce6bbbde.jpg

Не говорите что мне надо делать и я не скажу куда вам надо идти…

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Yes, A.I. will automatically pop smoke when engaged. Shoot at them and see.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I always interpreted the popped smoke as "Touché, good Sir"... but I do tend to drop LGBs on them...

Is there any footage of a tank actually popping smoke out there? (the only one I saw on YT was pretty low quality :()

Problems setting up switches on the HOTAS Warthog or similar?

Tutorial Here

I used to attack tanks (RU and US) from planes, helicopters, tanks, infantry RPG and bombs, mines! But never tank use smoke shell, smoke protective :(

Guys if anyone saw it real! Can you attach here the mission! Where a tank fires a smoke! Thank you.

(and again sorry for bad english)

| Asus Z390 | Core i5 9600K | HyperX Fury 32Gb | RTX 2070 | 1TB HDD + Intel Optane memory 32Gb | Thrustmaster F-16C Viper Add-on Grip+TWCS Throttle | Dell WMR | Oculus Quest 2 |

Tanks do pop smoke in DCS World. Unfortunately, it looks nothing like the video above - it's just a very enlarged version of the particle effect used for rotor wash on the ground. It looks so bad it took me weeks to figure out that's what it was meant to represent - I initially thought it was just dust being kicked up from my GAU-8 rounds.

B25Mitch

You can attach a screenshot here where the tank throws a protective smoke?

Did you change something in the files?

Thx.

jfkc2p.jpg

That's it unfortunately. Personally I'd rather they just left it out, since it looks so unrealistic (blatantly recycling the rotor-wash dust effect), and since the tanks don't seem to use it strategically - they just pop smoke whenever they take a hit of any kind. AI units are not affected by it and it hardly conceals the tank from human eyes either. I rather hope they've put some effort into fixing this for Combined Arms.

*Edit* this is the default effect - I didn't change any files.

That's it unfortunately. Personally I'd rather they just left it out, since it looks so unrealistic (blatantly recycling the rotor-wash dust effect), and since the tanks don't seem to use it strategically - they just pop smoke whenever they take a hit of any kind. AI units are not affected by it and it hardly conceals the tank from human eyes either. I rather hope they've put some effort into fixing this for Combined Arms.

Maybe not for CA initially - but I suspect it will be addressed at some point.

Nate

Yes, A.I. will automatically pop smoke when engaged. Shoot at them and see.

We can't yet. We're all still "patiently" waiting :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

here's a chally doing a smoke screen..

That is engine generated smoke, not "popping smoke" from the smoke grenade launchers.

Here is an M1 popping smoke with views through the Thermal Imager

Edited by Alicatt

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron