RAZBAM simulations developing for DCS

Nate--IRL--

During the construction of the cockpit, we wanted to ensure the accuracy of the gauge and structure placement that we went of actual aircraft drawings and photographs. Here is a small video that will show the placement and line up of the drawings and the very 3D cockpit in the upcoming RAZBAM Harrier.

Nice!

Is this For DCS or FSX?

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can this could be both for DCS and FS?

They are totally diferent sim worlds. Almost nothing in common. I cant´imagine how a FS Harrier could be implemented into DCS World.

Maybe i´m missing something but the fidelity level between DCS and FS is a light year away. ( except a couple of great FS addons, and also this miss the "combat" part )

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

How can this could be both for DCS and FS?

They are totally diferent sim worlds. Almost nothing in common. I cant´imagine how a FS Harrier could be implemented into DCS World.

Maybe i´m missing something but the fidelity level between DCS and FS is a light year away. ( except a couple of great FS addons, and also this miss the "combat" part )

Maybe because both use the same developing software? seriously..if you create a source mesh in 3ds, you can convert it into FS, DCS or Strike Fighters series model, it´s all about the tools

i´m not speaking about 3D models, i´m speaking about flight model, weapons employment, systems, fuel, electrical power, hydraulics, equipment.

All this things that makes DCS products one of it´s kind.

FS and DCS are different approachs , in my opinion, completely different things. Both valuable but different.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Maybe because both use the same developing software? seriously..if you create a source mesh in 3ds, you can convert it into FS, DCS or Strike Fighters series model, it´s all about the tools

That's about 3D modeling, but, that's just one side of a simulation..maybe, the easy part.

DCS aircraft means - lot of info about the aircraft, accurate physics, modeling all the systems, hydraulics, navigation computers, electric system, radio systems, weapon systems etc etc..and all of that in a very high depth and realism.

i´m not speaking about 3D models, i´m speaking about flight model, weapons employment, systems, fuel, electrical power, hydraulics, equipment.

All this things that makes DCS products one of it´s kind.

FS and DCS are different approachs , in my opinion, completely different things. Both valuable but different.

The video you asked about was a showcase of a part of the 3d model, and then you're arguing that you weren't talking about the 3d model?

• Like 1

I don't understand why so many people can't get past the fact that FS9/FSX developers are capable of producing content for other platforms, as if it's some insurmountable task.

The developers are well aware of the technical differences between the two platforms. A hydraulic system is still a hydraulic system; the only difference is the code in which it is written.

I wonder if people are equally as dumbfounded and incredulous at the thought of someone learning a second language?

"How can you speak English AND Chinese?! Can you even SAY 'airplane' in Chinese?!"

Uh, yeah.

"They've got us surrounded again - those poor bastards!" - Lt. Col. Creighton Abrams

When it comes to aircraft systems (including weapon systems) ANYTHING that can be done in DCS can be done in FSX. Its not hard for coders. It is all about taking full advantage of the FSX SDK and knowing how to use the hooks into the system that it provides. So its not a case of FSX being light years behind DCS, its more a case of addon developers not knowing or not using the SDK to its full potential.

When it comes to aircraft systems (including weapon systems) ANYTHING that can be done in DCS can be done in FSX. Its not hard for coders. It is all about taking full advantage of the FSX SDK and knowing how to use the hooks into the system that it provides. So its not a case of FSX being light years behind DCS, its more a case of addon developers not knowing or not using the SDK to its full potential.

I'm sure this is not entirely true. Some people who develop for FSX do an amazing job of it.

And to the point you made about DCS and FSX having the same capabilities. Well, maybe, maybe not, but we are hardly able to make that distinction now are we?

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

No I agree a developer can create a DCS level addon for FSX the VRS Superhornet is proof of that especially with the Tacpac SDK. FSX aircraft will be a different animal if anyone uses Tacpac I never thought I'd see the day when A/G radar and FLIR would be added to FSX but it looks like such features are not far away. For those speculating just wait until Razbam and the others are finished with their addons before judging. Lol of course they know about hydralics and electrical systems.:doh:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

During the construction of the cockpit, we wanted to ensure the accuracy of the gauge and structure placement that we went of actual aircraft drawings and photographs. Here is a small video that will show the placement and line up of the drawings and the very 3D cockpit in the upcoming RAZBAM Harrier.

Nice pit I look forward to flying that I bet the FM is going to be interesting to develop. What type of Harriers are you guys modelling?

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Then it´s all about time.

Time will tell us where to put every module in terms of fidelity and realism, in terms of DCS branch or another thing (interesting but another completely different thing).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

VTOL I will finailly be able to land rearm and refuel with my egg whisk buddies at farps :thumbup:

(egg whisk = KA-50 :music_whistling:)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I don't understand why so many people can't get past the fact that FS9/FSX developers are capable of producing content for other platforms, as if it's some insurmountable task.

The developers are well aware of the technical differences between the two platforms. A hydraulic system is still a hydraulic system; the only difference is the code in which it is written.

Im not saying that FSX developers wont be able to make something for DCS, Im sure that VRS could make a very nice Superbug for DCS, and Im sure that some of the Iris aircraft will be very nice. But when it comes to Razbam, I just dont have that much faith in them, having tried their add-ons for FSX... Time will show I guess, and hopefully developers that cant deliver the DCS standard will be gone after a while.

But when it comes to Razbam, I just dont have that much faith in them, having tried their add-ons for FSX... Time will show I guess, and hopefully developers that cant deliver the DCS standard will be gone after a while.

Now why would you want to go and say a thing like that?? That's just plain rude, cause none of us are part of the equation when these considerations are made. It's not really our business :doh:

Just wait and see; patience grasshopper. We can all do that without sticking the shiv in ... stay calm and wait and see. Everything works out the way it should, in the end.

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I'm sure this is not entirely true. Some people who develop for FSX do an amazing job of it.

And to the point you made about DCS and FSX having the same capabilities. Well, maybe, maybe not, but we are hardly able to make that distinction now are we?

The only difference in terms of systems capabilities (im not talking about graphics here cuz DCS and FSX have entirely different engines) between DCS and FSX is that in FSX, hooks have been created in the engine that allow developers to bypass the FSX engine (this includes flightmodelling as well) and put their own entirely custom systems in place. In DCS, everything is already in place or is made from scratch and added to the engine since the DCS team is still working on it.

To quote the guy who taught me programming and guided me through the FSX SDK, "The only limits are your skill and imagination.".

Edited by JB3DG