Developer Diary

So the Hawk will be out within the next few weeks and the Typhoon will be getting plenty of love after that... great news

That's pretty much down to legal contract stuff now but essentially she is ready.

The final build went to the testers this week to iron out any last bugs.

I'll be going through our bug tracking system with the team after Easter weekend to make sure all are closed off.

Then we'll get the testers to test the back end CRM and payment pages on our side and pass the text and functions, etc over to ED to get ready for their side.

On my to-do list this weekend, in-between moving home, is the keyboard assignments sections and checking all the main GUI stuff like graphics, icons and music (we had custom splash screen music made).

Also the AI was behaving strangely in 1.2.7. So I'll be sitting for hours watching what they do in simple, medium and complex missions in 1.2.8. to feed back to ED who are also looking at it.

Then it's in the laps of the lawyers...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty much down to legal contract stuff now but essentially she is ready.

The final build went to the testers this week to iron out any last bugs.

Then it's in the laps of the lawyers...

Best of luck to you and everyone involved, waiting eagerly for another fine bird to fly. :pilotfly:

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Thanks for the write up, I think we all appreciate the boring behind the scenes stuff is out of your control... Just can't wait to buy it now.

Cheers.

Believe me some of the stuff is very boring hahah!

But that said the end product will be very worth it :D

Pman

I can imagine ;)

Out of interest, will this struggle help the Typhoon at all or will you need to start again from the beginning with that?

Without doubt alot of the lessons we have learnt with the Hawk will help with the Typhoon :)

Indeed, without him there would just be a shell looking pretty in DCS with basic things working.

Wait until you get to play with the navigation stuff he has coded like terrain masking and all that fun stuff plus a few surprises coming in the future. The man is a genius!!!

Indeed, without him there would just be a shell looking pretty in DCS with basic things working.

Wait until you get to play with the navigation stuff he has coded like terrain masking and all that fun stuff plus a few surprises coming in the future. The man is a genius!!!

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks to Chris for participating in the PC Pilot article. I've made the comment to him and publicly that the way VEAO handles community relations is second to none. They have a great team assembled and are very open about where they are, and where they are heading. Chris made my job easy.. <g>

It's my understanding the magazine is on newsstands in Europe already (it is a UK based magazine after all..) but I haven't received my mailed issue here in the United States yet. There is always the option of buying online the digital copy:

http://www.pcpilot.net/view_issue.asp

When I submitted the questions, I was surprised at some of the answers we received too - and excited! The possibility of a tanker and the future WW2 platforms is pretty cool. Of course, I'm a button pusher, so I'm positively salivating about the Typhoon. Bring it on!

And as a big fan of realism and training type stuff..I think the Hawk is going to be a big hit with both single players and online squadrons.

Exciting times ahead.

Thanks again to Chris and VEAO for their assistance with the article...

Regards,

BeachAV8R

As excited as I am about the future, I can't wait to give this a try with what will undoubtedly be the best virtual Hawk we have ever hawk ever made.. :thumbup:

This is an awesome little clip...

I just hope the annoying bit of string isn't modeled, I like detail and all but... ;)

Edited by Python

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Thanks to Chris for participating in the PC Pilot article. I've made the comment to him and publicly that the way VEAO handles community relations is second to none. They have a great team assembled and are very open about where they are, and where they are heading. Chris made my job easy.. <g>

It's my understanding the magazine is on newsstands in Europe already (it is a UK based magazine after all..) but I haven't received my mailed issue here in the United States yet. There is always the option of buying online the digital copy:

When I submitted the questions, I was surprised at some of the answers we received too - and excited! The possibility of a tanker and the future WW2 platforms is pretty cool. Of course, I'm a button pusher, so I'm positively salivating about the Typhoon. Bring it on!

And as a big fan of realism and training type stuff..I think the Hawk is going to be a big hit with both single players and online squadrons.

Exciting times ahead.

Regards,

BeachAV8R

Many thanks to Chris for writing it and the magazine for publishing it.

I'm glad I could answer all of your questions without any problems.

And of course for your gracious comments buddy :D

Cheers,

C

Exciting times ahead.

Regards,

BeachAV8R

Perfectly said Beach!

Fantastic article, loved every word. Now don't get me wrong, I can't wait to have the Hawk in my hangar and while I'm not a huge fast jet fan, I also quite keen to grab the Typhoon. However I have to admit to be most excited about the Tanker.

It may be a long time coming, but I really hope we can get PMDG style fidelity. Yes I may be sad but the idea of flying heavy metal, before jumping into the refuelling seat and doing full fidelity air to air refuelling just sounds fantastic. :)

What VEAO are doing here is mind blowing and I wish everyone involved a very long and very prosperous future. Oh and if you need a test pilot for the tanker, I think I can be free. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Its very exciting times with so many projects on the horizon,

Believe me when I say that everyone at VEAO is extremely excited by it all and we cant wait to let you play with some more toys :)

Pman

The possibility of a tanker and the future WW2 platforms is pretty cool

That is a very good news....

More news to the front

Wishlist: ED / 3rd Party Campaings

My Rig: Intel I-5 750 2.67Ghz / Packard Bell FMP55 / 16 GB DDR3 RAM / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb/2Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial):https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

21Squad DCS: World News: https://www.facebook.com/21Squad-219508958071000/

Silver_Dragon Youtube