Combined Forces!

jmod

During Multiplayer missions, how will the ground and JTAC units communicate with the pilots in the air ? will it be similar to TARS ?

I7 4770K@4.5 GHZ, Gigabyte Z87X-OC FORCE, 24GB Ram, Aorus GTX 1080 TI extreme edition, 500 GB SSD,120 GB SSD , 2TB HDD, Corsair H80i, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Logitech G940,TrackIR 5 + Pro Clip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While this is kinda cool, DCS is primarily a flight sim for me, and I sort of wish the resources spent on this was spent on DCS: Fastmover. Still, I'm sure this project will improve and enrich World, so it can't be all bad. :)

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Looks just awesome and is way beyond expectations!!

A new black hole for time has been created.

Will be very interested to see what the server limits will be in regards to players, objects, AI A/C. etc.

Can flights/missions be planned and plotted on the go as well or does the direct control just apply to the ground war only?

Are all enemy units visible on map or does fog of war change how they appear or not appear at all?

I haven't gotten into this aspect in DCS so not sure how this operates now let alone in CA.

Online as Hawk 5

While this is kinda cool, DCS is primarily a flight sim for me, and I sort of wish the resources spent on this was spent on DCS: Fastmover. Still, I'm sure this project will improve and enrich World, so it can't be all bad. :)

Don't forget DCS: Next is still being worked on in parallel in addition to the current projects.

This is really exciting!!!, can you please tease us with the next DCS plane?? Please??

Jetman+Yvet+Rossy+Jet+Suit.jpg

;)

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

NOT FUNNY BLAZE!! :mad: Ok, it was a little :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can certainly make something out of you"

-Muhammad Ali

WIN 7 64-bit SP1 | AMD Phenom II X4 955 | 8.0 GB RAM | NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti | CH Pro Throttle | CH Fighterstick | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR5

Don't forget DCS: Next is still being worked on in parallel in addition to the current projects.

Jetman pic

;)

I would buy it in a hot minute. I love that guy!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This isnt April is it ? Well done DCS if you can bring it off.

Regards

DL available skins here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=Strut

Pictures of my Skins here: https://imgur.com/a/bOQyQqW

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64bit, Intel® Core i7-5820K CPU OC @ 4.50GHz x6, X99A GAMING PRO CARBON, MSI RTX 2080 TI GAMING X TRIO 11Gb, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSD 960 EVO250GB, SSD 850 EVO 500GB, JetSeat, MFG Crosswind Pedals, VPC Mongoose T-50, TMWH, DSD ButtonBox, Pimax 5k XR/BE

The trailer is very nice, and Im sure this will be another fine ED product, but I dont think it's for me...

Heh, that's what a lot of people said about P-51 when it was announced...and well... :D

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Yea, well the P-51 is a sim.

CA looks like a fun thing to play with, something I'd definitely get if I the money sitting around. It's like Flamming Cliffs; it'd be fun to mess around with, but I'm not gonna get it if I have to bend over backwards to come up with the cash. :P

The next DCS fighter on the other hand... :joystick:

That being said, I think I'll be dropping the money on CA once it becomes available, but I'm probably not gonna go out and get it right away. I already had my go with FC2 so I think I'll pass on that when it comes out (unless ED pulls something else out of their hat), but this is something new, so I think I'll try it at some point.

Edited by Opoch
unnecessary "a"

Heh, that's what a lot of people said about P-51 when it was announced...and well... :D

I said I probably wouldnt buy P-51 cause I was broke. But this afternoon I flew my first mission from ramp to intercept with a four ship against a P-51 three ship and returned home with all wingmen and only a couple bullet holes. Made a picture perfect takeoff, transit, and landing.

My objection to any aspect of the awesomeness of whatever product ED puts out has been thoroughly extinguished.

This offers a lot of possibilities!

* Being on the receiving end of a CBU-97

* More realistic CAS flying - it will make a difference

* Tanks hiding behind buildings

* Third party tank models

I think that we will indeed attract a new type of player but this will (imo) not be negative for the pilots. The targets will just be more intelligent or ..uhmm.. more moving.

How will the modules work together and what will the licensing model be? If the host only has DCS:CA installed, will he be able to create missions with A10s in it? (As third party modules can be plugged in, I would assume that one needs a module before being able to insert a certain type of vehicle.) Will players having DCS:A10 only be able to join DCS:CA-Servers?

Will the commander be able to accept/reject players or their loadout? (=those who do not read briefings)

Edited by Ein Name wie kein Name

Bear @ 33rd Airbase Wing

iMac i7 4x3.4 GHz | 8GB | HD 6970M w/2 GB GDDR5 | 256 GB SSD | TM Warthog | TM Cougar MFD (mounted on 21" screen) | Sennheiser PC-133D | Razer Imperator | TrackIR 5 | Windows 7 Home Pro 64bit

Even if I'm not that interested in a product--MiG-21bis, for example--I still plan to buy it. I spent over $700 on flight controllers (TIR5, Warthog, Saitek pedals) and double that again on a PC to play these games. So when ED asks for a paltry $30, how can I say no? They deserve my money more than any other business I rely on for flight sims, yet they're asking for the least of it. It feels stingy to me to say no to a software module that costs so little to buy and so much to develop when even the cheapest peripheral on my PC (my mouse) cost $50. This adds so much value to every other module that it seems just impossible to pass up. Even if I don't use it much (I will!) I want to support the work ED does to make DCS a better game, because CA is an upgrade that at the very least benefits everyone who flies online, whether they pay for it or not.

Edited by Mouse

If the host only has DCS:CA installed, will he be able to create missions with A10s in it? (As third party modules can be plugged in, I would assume that one needs a module before being able to insert a certain type of vehicle.)

Yes, ME is not module-specific. Can build anything you want - will however not be able to test (ie fly or drive) the specific part of the mission you do not have a module for. As regards to A.I., does not matter as you do not need modules for A.I.

I would assume that one needs a module before being able to insert a certain type of vehicle.

Incorrect. Module only needed for control of vehicle.

Will players having DCS:A10 only be able to join DCS:CA-Servers?

Yes, provided that it is a vehicle and aircraft server with A-10's. If it's a vehicle-only server then no, they will require the CA module.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'