How to set up toggle switches (a tutorial)

I find only find one "Jettison arm" in "clickabledata", and that is related to...

devices.WEAP_INTERFACE which is device 12 (not 22)

device_commands.Button_22 so the command number would be 3022 and not 3001

On this basis, I created the following line of code which seems to work:

{down = 3022, up = 3022, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, cockpit_device_id = 12, name = _('Jettison Fuse 2-Pos ARM/DISARM'), category = _('Ins Weapons Status and Control Panel PUI-800')},

But since the codes you used are totally different I'm not sure that this is really what you want. Let me know!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the launch bar maintained 2-position switch, this line works: {down = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, up = gear_commands.LaunchBarSw, cockpit_device_id = devices.GEAR_INTERFACE, value_down = -1.0,

Foreword Hi all. I noticed that some people have had some trouble setting up their TM Warthog's toggle switches (myself included) in games apart from A-10C. Basically, when toggled to the ON sta

@Wildwind: Commands like "iCommand..." generally don't use arguments, and if you include any they are simply ignored. I created these new lines for your "default.lua": {down = 3004, cockpit_device_i

22 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

I'm not sure that this is really what you want. Let me know!

@LeCuvier

as always... you have saved me again!

This is exactly what I needed.. I was doing some more digging and had transposed the Up/Down value with the cockpit device ID, but I think You've finally made me see the light!!

thank you , thank you, thank you!

53 minutes ago, epolta said:

as always... you have saved me again!

@LeCuvier: Just when I think I've got this figured out,,, and start getting cocky.. I mess it all up again!

OK, Here's a few more I'm working on, but they don't seem to work and my brain hurts really bad now 😞

two - two position switches for autopilot altitude mode and Heading mode.

AND... one last 3 position for the landing lights.

HELP!

-- Work in Progress

{down = 3033, up = 3033, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = 6, name = _('Autopilot BARO/RALT altitude hold 2-Pos'), category = _('Ins Autopilot')},
{down = 3028, up = 3028, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, cockpit_device_id = 3, name = _('Autopilot Desired heading/track 2-Pos'), category = _('Ins Autopilot')},

{down = 3044, up = 3044, value_down = 1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id = 1 name = _('Landing Light 3-Pos Landing/Off'), category = _('Ins Landing Lights & Voice Warning Panel')},
{down = 3044, up = 3044, value_down = -1, value_up = 0, cockpit_device_id = 1, name = _('Landing Light 3-Pos Retract/Off'), category = _('Ins Landing Lights & Voice Warning Panel')},

Let's try the first one step by step:

1. look up "devices.AUTOPILOT" in file "devices.lua" --> cockpit_device_id device_ID = 33

2. the button number in "clickabledata.lua" = 6 --> command code = 3000 + 6 = 3006

3. The value_up value for 2-position ON/OFF switches in the Ka-50 is mostly = -1.0

Looking at your first line, it seems that you got command and device mixed up.

So let's try this:

{down = 3006, up = 3006, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, cockpit_device_id = 33, name = _('Autopilot BARO/RALT altitude hold 2-Pos'), category = _('Ins Autopilot')},

Test it in the sim, and it works. I let you tackle the other commands using the same logic - you should get there.

If you get stuck, just holler and we'll look at it again.

Best regards to sunny Arizona!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

5 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

Let's try the first one step by step:

1. look up "devices.AUTOPILOT" in file "devices.lua" --> cockpit_device_id device_ID = 33

2. the button number in "clickabledata.lua" = 6 --> command code = 3000 + 6 = 3006

3. The value_up value for 2-position ON/OFF switches in the Ka-50 is mostly = -1.0

Looking at your first line, it seems that you got command and device mixed up.

So let's try this:

{down = 3006, up = 3006, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, cockpit_device_id = 33, name = _('Autopilot BARO/RALT altitude hold 2-Pos'), category = _('Ins Autopilot')},

Test it in the sim, and it works. I let you tackle the other commands using the same logic - you should get there.

If you get stuck, just holler and we'll look at it again.

Best regards to sunny Arizona!

I think you have officially taught me to fish! Got em working... Thanks for your patience and mentoring 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

@LeCuvier

I'm back with another question...

I recently swapped out my warthog throttle for a virpil, but I want to maintain the 3 position flap functionality found on the warthog. To do this, I've added a button box on the side of the throttle with a  3 position switch, but I notice in the joystick default lua there isn't a middle flap position defined, so the normal tricks you've taught me don't work 😞 I took a look at the clickable data and the device IDs and took a stab at it with no luck. Can this be done?

{down = 3002, up = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 39 , value_down = 1, value_up = 0, name = _('Flaps Up else middle'), category = _('Systems')},
{down = 3002, up = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 39 , value_down = -1, value_up = 0, name = _('Flaps Down else middle'), category = _('Systems')},

@epolta: You don't give me any clue as to which aircraft this is for. The device ID's and command numbers differ from aircraft to aircraft. Also, without knowing which aircraft, I cannot test a solution

LeCuvier

2 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

@epolta: You don't give me any clue as to which aircraft this is for. The device ID's and command numbers differ from aircraft to aircraft. Also, without knowing which aircraft, I cannot test a solution

Oops..

A-10C2

Well that's easy. The file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua"   has these two lines for the 3-position flap switch:

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN22'}}    ,down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_UP, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_UP,name = _('Toggle Flaps Up'), category = _('Systems')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN23'}}    ,down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_DN,name = _('Toggle Flaps Dn'), category = _('Systems')},

The statement "combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN22'}} " creates the default binding for the TM WH throttle and is obviously useless for the VRP throttle, so we take that out of both lines and get:

{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_UP, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_UP,name = _('Toggle Flaps Up'), category = _('Systems')},
{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_DN,name = _('Toggle Flaps Dn'), category = _('Systems')},

Paste these two lines into "default.lua". So now you can bind these commands to the 3-position switch on your button box or on the VRP throttle.

I didn't test as it seems trivial. Good luck!

LeCuvier

1 hour ago, LeCuvier said:

Well that's easy. The file "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua"   has these two lines for the 3-position flap switch:

{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN22'}}    ,down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_UP, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_UP,name = _('Toggle Flaps Up'), category = _('Systems')},
{combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN23'}}    ,down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_DN,name = _('Toggle Flaps Dn'), category = _('Systems')},

The statement "combos = {{key = 'JOY_BTN22'}} " creates the default binding for the TM WH throttle and is obviously useless for the VRP throttle, so we take that out of both lines and get:

{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_UP, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_UP,name = _('Toggle Flaps Up'), category = _('Systems')},
{down = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_DN, up = iCommandPlane_FLAPS_MNR_from_DN,name = _('Toggle Flaps Dn'), category = _('Systems')},

Paste these two lines into "default.lua". So now you can bind these commands to the 3-position switch on your button box or on the VRP throttle.

I didn't test as it seems trivial. Good luck!

easy for you 🙂 LOL.. As always.. Thanks!