CTD by trying loading in DCS World

sky76847

I own DCS A-10C and DCS Blackhawk. I downloaded DCS World - without P-51 and installed it. I also installed the update for A-10C. All went well but ... if I try to load a mission or if I try the fly the "instant action" the followingf appears: the timebar count until 100-% and then all is closed to disktop (CTD) . I tried also the 3G method but without avail. Included the DXDIAG-file and the logme-file. I don't find any crash-file. All my flightsims are installed on my D-partition. My Games is on my C-partiiton.

Can you please help me ??

Chesseagle

DxDiag.txt

me.zip

What are your graphics options set to? I would suggest trying with everything turned as low as it can go to see if this helps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Some more information :

1. I only play in SP so no MP tried

2. If i try a mission in DCS World : CTD after loading mission without possibility to fly - if I try the same mission in DCS A10-C or Flaming Cliffs 2 (SU-25T) it works and I can fly the mission.

Chesseagle

• 2 weeks later...

Just tested 1.1.2.1 Beta on Windows XP Pro 32-bit and can confirm this. When trying to start Su-25T Instant Action it just CTD with no error messages.

Also when starting the mission editor the map shows but after a while it CTD's with the following error...

Faulting application launcher.exe, version 1.1.2.1, faulting module edterrain.dll, version 1.1.2.1, fault address 0x000bb020.

DCS World 1.1.2.1 uninstalled and standingby for next release, logs attached.

/KC

KC_120601.zip

Just tested 1.1.2.1 Beta on Windows XP Pro 32-bit and can confirm this. When trying to start Su-25T Instant Action it just CTD with no error messages.

Also when starting the mission editor the map shows but after a while it CTD's with the following error...

Faulting application launcher.exe, version 1.1.2.1, faulting module edterrain.dll, version 1.1.2.1, fault address 0x000bb020.

DCS World 1.1.2.1 uninstalled and standingby for next release, logs attached.

/KC

you do know win XP32 is no longer supported by Microsoft?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

you do know win XP32 is no longer supported by Microsoft?

Mastiff, this is not the first time you drop your snide comments and I do not know if you have some kind of compulsion trying to make your point heard over and over?

Second, according to the information given on DCS website the following is stated...

[b]Minimum system requirements:[/b] Operating system: Windows XP, Vista or 7; Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz; Memory: 3 GB; Free hard disk space: 7 GB; Video: 512 MB RAM card, DirectX 9 - compatible; Sound: DirectX 9.0c - compatible; requires internet activation. 

As long as ED says it should work on XP I think it should, don't you??

I'm well aware that XP is on it's last legs (extended support ends April 8, 2014) so please stop trying to educate me. FYI - I do have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit but if you remember the last time we had this debate you will know why I still use XP for flight sims and other games. If you can't remember please do a search.

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

excuse me! I only said Microsoft doesn't support win xp how is that a snide remark?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

your reading into my post with your own interpretation relax.

take a breath

I'm fully relaxed mate but we had the same conversation back when the last FC2 and BS1 patch introduced that CTD for us 32-bit users when the memory got full.

Anyway, if MS supports XP or not is actually a moot point. As long as XP is listed in the minimum requirements for ED's products, customers would expect things to work with it.

Cheers!

/KC

I'm fully relaxed mate but we had the same conversation back when the last FC2 and BS1 patch introduced that CTD for us 32-bit users when the memory got full.

Anyway, if MS supports XP or not is actually a moot point. As long as XP is listed in the minimum requirements for ED's products customers would expect things to work with it.

Cheers!

/KC

don't remember it don't remember you. I don't even follow my own post sometimes. I have better things to do than remember over 2,000 post.:thumbup:

Edited by Mastiff