No keyboard response

TurboHog

I just found the following problem that occurs to me:

When opening the resources management window, there is no keyboard response anymore after closing it! I have to exit using the task manager! It only happens when you use the X in the upper right corner of the window.

Tester/developer please follow these instruction:

• Start any mission
  • Open the Resource management window (LAlt + ')
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    OPTIONAL
  • Press OK, note that keyboard is still working
  • Open window again
  • Press CANCEL, note that keyboard is still working
  • Open Window again
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
  • Close window by using the X in the upper right corner.
  • Notice that there is no keyboard response in-game.
  • Open taskmanager and close the program, there is no other way...

'Frett'

this happens to me when closing out of a mission, i just Left Click rreally fast and ill get put to my desktop for some reason then i close it like that

Different problem. This occurs while still in the mission, making it unplayable. Unless you don't use keyboard for anything...

Any testers able to reproduce this, following my not-too-complicated steps? Or are you afraid of hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete ;)?

'Frett'

This has happened to me. I think its when I Alt+Tab to the desktop and then back to the game. Last time it happened, I Alt+Tab to the desktop and clicked the highlighted DCS icon in the taskbar instead of Alt+Tab and I got my keyboard back.

This has happened to me. I think its when I Alt+Tab to the desktop and then back to the game. Last time it happened, I Alt+Tab to the desktop and clicked the highlighted DCS icon in the taskbar instead of Alt+Tab and I got my keyboard back.

Also a different problem...

GOOD news

I just managed to make 104th_Mustang perform this little trick in an online server. He didn't talk to me anymore and left the server. Bug is probably reported by now. :megalol:

'Frett'

• 6 months later...
Ok seems only a problem with the FC3 F-15C. Guess I have to wait for the next update and hope it works then :)

Wondering if these are wireless keyboards? I had problems with mine before also, but not with the "wired" keyboard.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

• 4 months later...

Just installed DCS World on a new SSD and still the problem with the F-15C from FC3. The only keyboard command which works is alt-tab. Otherwise the keyboard is "dead"

Keyboard is a Microsoft Sidewinder X4. System is an I7 running with win7 64.

Any suggestions?