IR,so this is what its used for

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

fake ???

ok, i do admit the tank was blown to bits, which generally wouldnt happen unless the tank had ammo and fuel onboard and they were detonated by the javelin, i suspect the tank was full of some other type of explosive that would detonate with the javelin, but the javelin isnt fake, but i do suspect the explosion isnt just a javelin detonation.

Not to be arguementive, but what's the point about whether or not the video is just the javelin explosion or not? I mean, isn't an enemy tank going to be full of fuel and ammo??? Hey, not being argumentive or trying to start a flame war. Sure, if the tank was full of C4 or something like that to make the explosion look more dramatic yeah that's wrong-it's faked. But, if it's got fuel and ammo what's wrong with that?

I believe most anti tank weapons are designed to kill the crew and in fact do not cause that much structural damage to the tank, or at least that is how that old Korean veteran of the Canadian armored division told me when they used wire-guided anti-tank missles.

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Guest IguanaKing

For the Javelin video, I'm going to have to say fake as well. I can't imagine an 8.4kg warhead completely obliterating an MBT like that. Against a softer target, however, it works pretty well. A Javelin pretty much vaporized a car in Haditha, but, that was mostly due to the explosives inside it which were meant to be detonated inside a JCC compound there.

the 1st movie is a mini-gun equiped UH-60 :)

You are correct Sir! That would be a pair of MH-60L DAPs from the 1/160th SOAR out of Fort Campbell. First you hear the 7.62mm mini-guns, then the 30mm chain gun and a 2.75" rocket volley night cap! Sure am glad those things are on our side!

-Chris

Alienware P4 3.0 GHz 800 MHz FSB | WinXP Pro SP2 | 2 GB PC3200 | ATI X850 256 MB with XT PE BIOS | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 3 Pro with Vector Expansion | Voice Buddy v3.0

I've always wondered about this clip! I assumed that that little bit of purple in front of the missile was some sort of visual effect from the HEAT warhead detonating at its correct stand-off distance, and starting to have some effect on the hull, but it does seem like the little Javelin warhead does way too much damage to that MBT. Plus it's a bit of an odd visual effect. Anybody really know whats going on there?