This crash makes me mad!

Ned_260

Hi guys,

I recently purchased DCS: P-51 and have not yet been able to play it because of this annoying crash, I double click the dcs world icon, the menu loads up fine, I select the P-51 section and go to the instant action section, choose what i want, and it loads and when it reaches 100% it just crashes without any trace it was just playing, it think this is where it is supposed to have the registration code window but nothing happens. I have tried the 32 bit fixes, reinstalls, different graphic settings, updating graphics card drivers, and all to no success. My specs are up to scratch for DCS: a-10 and black shark at rather high fps as well.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm really ticked off at this at the moment, having had no trouble with the great DCS games in the past.

Thanks, Ned

• ED Team

post your specs and a dxdiag , it will help the guys solve your problem, but remember it is a pre release beta :)

and welcome to the forum

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the speedy reply,

Specs are:

Intel core 2 quad Q9550 2.83GHz

3.25 GB's of RAM

nvidia geforce 550ti

windows xp 32 bit

Logitech flight system G940 (if that matters)

Thanks

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Ned_260

• ED Team

Obviously the obvious thing is the 32bit windows, but if you have tried the 32 bit fixes it may be something else.

Attach a dxdiag there may be something there that we are overlooking

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Have you ensured your DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010) and c++ is up to date ?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=997667&postcount=8

• ED Team

noticed in your dxdiag

DxDiag Previously: Crashed in DirectShow (stage 1)

I am not sure if that is significant, as the guys wake up I am sure you will get more help, in the mean time login to http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ and open a support ticket

Which version/which mission > 1.1.2.1 ?

Known bug when starting a training mission:

Problem Loading training

and this thread may relates to your problem:

Crash when loading missions

Do you have a Crash-log ?

cant tell you exactly where to find it in XP32 but this is it in Win7x64 :

C:\Users\>username<\Saved Games\DCS\Logs

For debugging:

Disconnect all USB devices (the web-cam too) - only let mouse and keyboard connected.

Run quickstart batumi-takeoff mission in the lowest possible settings and windowed in 1024x764 , also switch off MSAA an TSSAA.

and report back.

Edited by PeterP

Yes I have the same problem.

Any mission I can find either from the training, generated or P51 campaign missions causes CTD when near to 100% loading. I have not had a serial no. verification window pop up yet which I believe is supposed to happen first mission.

Crash files and DXDiag file attached.

Yes my system is XP 32bit but is running in 3G mode (as in Nates sig) and can run A10C and BS2 although at poor frame rates. FC2 and BS1 run very well.

Me.log was last attempt. Crash file was made earlier with same result. No crash file has been created since this one that I can see.

In XP the location I got log files was from

C:\Documents and Settings\Pete\My Documents\My Games\DCS\Logs

I understand that 32 bit is a hit and miss affair but info is supplied if only to narrow down why some 32 users cannot run the sim.

DCS-20120514-060442.crash.txt

me.log.txt

DxDiag.txt

Online as Hawk 5

I have exactly the same problems mentioned above by Ned_260 and RustyNuts, i also have tried the 32 bit fix with no results!

My system:

Intel core 2 quad Q9550 2.83GHz

3.25 GB's of RAM

nvidia geforce GTX260

windows xp 32 bit

Any suggestion?

Maybe I can answer that. It seems that the 1.2.1.1 beta simply doesn't work with XP 32bits (not by design, thankfully, it is a bug). The only thing to do apart from getting a 64b is waiting for the next beta release, or try to find 1.2.1.0. This will happen with all DCS World 1.2.1.1, Su-25T, P-51D or A-10C

See here if this is the same problem: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=87957

In your Specs. you say you have 3.2 Gigs of Ram, this is because win xp doesn't recognize the 4Gigs of Ram you realy have?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I too am having the same exact issues as Rustynuts above and am running Windows XP SP3. I am not getting the registration screen either. Loaded P-51 on my laptop where I am running Windows 7 64 bit and it runs fine. I can run Black Shark and A-10 with no problems. Tried XP fix and no go.

Edited by jpr

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes, unless I start froma fresh boot, or just the first start of P-51D, and just start to fly... poof.. CTD.. attached is log file..

note: it was a single player mission when this ctd happened....

Win7 x64

Nvidia GTX 460 video card

MSI P7N Motherboard

DDR2 ram 4 gb

Cure2duo 2.93 ghx cpu

650 watt power supply

Saitek X52 Pro Stick and pedals

it says my log file is invalid. I changed the extension from log to txt..to a txt file.. hopefully it won't complain..

Edited by Ramstein

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR