Nvidia 81.84 beta drivers

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Ok, all i can say is OMFG, I installed these drivers just to check out there new multithreaded capabilities, and i get an extra 1000 points in 3d mark 05 with everything at stock.

These drivers are the only drivers that i can think of that has giving me such a performance boost in a long long time, supposedly nvidia release 80 drivers is a bigdeal and is a "secret weapon" against ati's new card. The word is these new drivers, and not the beta ones i am using have a considerable performance increase, in both single and multi gpu modes, they also have some new tweaks with them, mainly for sli tho, but the performance increase is across the board.

All i can say is, if you havent already tried the 81.84 beta drivers and are not worried about messing with vid card drivers then id suggest trying them out, just for the performance boost alone.

screenie of 3d05 score and before hand i would get anywhere between 10300 and 11000 max

all settings are the same from the previous tests except the drivers have changed from 77** to 81.84

http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1083/holysheet9pf.jpg

hope it works as good for you lot as it has for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

Update, 81.85 beta are out and they add, vsync to sli also different video card manufacturer support for sli, so flashing bios's are slowly going out the window, when you can now buy 2 different makes of 7800, 6800 i.e. 1 7800gtx from xfx and another from asus/msi etc etc and sli them, and also you can use sli without the bridge...

so they have added:

vysnc for dx apps

multi manufacturer support for sli

non bridged sli

Dynamic SLI without rebooting

performance gain with dualcore cpu.

and theres still more to come from the official release 80 drivers.

Update, 81.85 beta are out and they add, vsync to sli also different video card manufacturer support for sli, so flashing bios's are slowly going out the window, when you can now buy 2 different makes of 7800, 6800 i.e. 1 7800gtx from xfx and another from asus/msi etc etc and sli them, and also you can use sli without the bridge...

so they have added:

vysnc for dx apps

multi manufacturer support for sli

non bridged sli

Dynamic SLI without rebooting

performance gain with dualcore cpu.

and theres still more to come from the official release 80 drivers.

"Performance gain with dualcore cpu."

Is there full support of dualcore now in Lock On? Or a CPU is switched off?

Thanks for answer! :D

Viper

Best Regards

Viper

sigpic3353_7.gif

System: Intel Core i7-4790, 3,6GHz, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5,

TM HOTAS Warthog;(MSFFB2 for testing); TrackIR4 +Track Clip Pro; Windows 10 Pro.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

the new drivers are coded with multithreaded enviroments in mind, so the drivers take full benefit from 2 cpus, I have did a good few tests and i can honestly say that the 81.84/81.85 does give me a massive boost in performance compared to other nvidia drivers, as for fps, i cant really say a number, the new drivers have got vsync enabled for sli thus when sli is enabled = all the time, my fps will not go above 75.

I play lomac with its highest ingame settings and with AA 8s and AF 16x, i can go with AA 16x and see no detrimental effects or fps slow down.

for screenies of what graphic settings i play lomac on, just check out the 25t thread in screenshot section for some quality undoctored screenies...

i have see fps range from 9 - 600

Thanks for the answer EvilScotsman, the reason I asked was that I'm planning an upgrade for my machine, which is AMD64 +3500, Sapphire X800XL 256mb, 1 Gb 3200 Corsair RAM, and I'm getting 15-25 fps on the ground and 35-50 in the air. Just wondering what to expect from a high-end PC with SLI, Lockon-wise.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

i wouldnt expect that much more of a difference with a top end pc, i was dissappointed with my increase of fps in lockon when i got this pc, the fact is, it barely uses the vid card for anything, its all or mostly cpu bound. but i get say 10-20 low over cities, maybe more, and about 60-90 in pit all dependant on what the scenery is and what i am lookin at at that particular time, it can also go down to 20ish in pit. ive seen outside views go beyond 500 when zooming and when at the menu, it tops 650fps :) but now the new drivers are released vsync is on and will cap me at 75.

but i do admit i can run highest settings with 8aa/16aa and 16af and still have a smooth game until i go low over cities, thats where the killer is on my pc and probably everyone elses.