DCS World and FC3

• ED Team

There have been a lot of questions regarding how and if FC3 will fit with DCS World. Our current intent/plan is that once you have purchased FC3 and have Lock On already installed, FC3 will be integrated directly into DCS World. As such, you have a separate FC3 icon on your DCSW main GUI page.

Thanks,

Matt

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool, thanks very much for the info Matt.:thumbup:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There have been a lot of questions regarding how and if FC3 will fit with DCS World. Our current intent/plan is that once you have purchased FC3 and have Lock On already installed, FC3 will be integrated directly into DCS World. As such, you have a separate FC3 icon on your DCSW main GUI page.

Thanks,

Matt

Hey Matt :shocking: Lock On ? LOMAC ? The first one by UBI ?

Maybe you wanted to write: Flaming Cliffs or FC2 ? :thumbup: Don't you ?

(but it does not matter - i have all)

sign-pic4.jpg

Hey Matt :shocking: Lock On ? LOMAC ? The first one by UBI ?

Maybe you wanted to write: Flaming Cliffs or FC2 ? :thumbup: Don't you ?

(but it does not matter - i have all)

He meant LockOn, just like you need to have it installed to install FC2 you will need it to install FC3. That was almost a given.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Unfortanaly Ubi still hold all the aces...

Now, where did I put my disk.....

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

very good news! I like having everything consolidated, sorted, nice and tidy like.

Has any one calculated how many Gigs we will free up after all modules are complete, and we can uninstall the standalone versions?

I'm guessing 8 to 10 gigs maybe?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OS:WIN7 HP X64|MOBO:ASRock Z68|CPU:I52500k@4Ghz|RAM:12Gb 3x4Gb GSkill Ripjaws 9-9-9-24 @1600Mhz|GPU:ASUS GTX580|HDD:2x128Gb Crucial sataIII SSD raid0|PSU:Antek 1000watt|Case:Antek 1200|Peripherals: TMWH|Saitek ProFlight rudder pedals|TrackIr4

Too bad it can't check if you have Lock-on or Flaming Cliffs 2 installed; I mean, if you have FC2 you also must have Lock-On, or else FC2 never would have installed.

No big deal in the grand scheme of it all though, I can just reinstall Lock-on (I uninstalled after installing FC2).

I'll leave Lock-On on my system from now on, save a step down the line when Flaming Cliffs 4 comes out :)

FC3 will be integrated directly into DCS

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

oh right, I know, I just mean for the installation part (I had uninstalled Lock-on after installing FC2 so now apparently I have to install it again when FC3 comes out).

No big deal though.

Unfortanaly Ubi still hold all the aces...

Exactly, it is a contractual obligation that is highly unlikely to change.

*small rant on* I fail to understand what part of this is so difficult to grasp!! *small rant off*

is there some plan to make a 1 package installation that will install LockOn+FC2+FC3 ?

Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

I'm a bit confused why we have to have LOMAC (released in 2005 mind you) to install FC3 which is a totally different graphics engine. Why would I have to install a non compatible seven year old game to play FC3? I am just asking what is the mentality behind that? Does it have something to do with an agreement with Ubisoft?

I just can not understand why you would need a seven year old piece of software to install a non compatible new piece of software.

If FC3 offers a new airframe all is forgiven (not a specific one just one in general).

Also of note.... I would love to see a FC combat helo (even a Black Shark)...... just saying.

• Like 1

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does it have something to do with an agreement with Ubisoft?

YES!:cry:

Exactly, it is a contractual obligation that is highly unlikely to change.

*small rant on* I fail to understand what part of this is so difficult to grasp!! *small rant off*

Does it have something to do with an agreement with Ubisoft?

Ubisoft still own the rights to the E.D. created planes from L.O.

E.D. built L.O. for Ubi. when Ubi lost interest in the title but E.D. still saw legs on it they licensed E.D. to create ad sell add-ons to L.O. (Flaming Clifs), but E.D. found that situation (having to own L.O. to buy F.C. & any other add ons from E.D.) untenable and started their own series (DCS.) at the level of complexity they now saw as more fitting.

The original L.O. stable (everything in FC except the Su-25T), is still sold by E.D. as add-on's to L.O. 'cause that's the only way they can legally do it.

They check you have a copy of L.O., then completely ignore it from that point.

Cheers.

Gotta love the fact that the publisher owns more rights to the game than the people who made it. ಠ_ಠ But on the bright side, it looks like they finally have a digital download available for it, thus making it a tad easier to get ahold of for FC2+

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

But on the bright side, it looks like they finally have a digital download available for it, thus making it a tad easier to get ahold of for FC2+

I did not realize that. Good to know, even though I have two LO disks, that there is a fallback plan.

Thanks for answering the question..... now about that FC3 helo? Maybe?

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for answering the question..... now about that FC3 helo? Maybe?

Thanks for asking your question that much directly, I´ve asked that for myslef as well, but somehow never feel intended enough to do so...now I understand the reason.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; Meta Quest 3; HOTAS Warthog; Logitech Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Think its dumb you have to have the original lock on in order to play FC3.FC3 should just be one install and just have everything work from there IMHO.

Yes offcourse that should be the way. However, given ubi still owns the LOMAC rights, and FC2 (and I presume FC3 as well, given this announcement) uses LOMAC as a basis, it's impossible to avoid.