DCS World: The new stuff

Grimes

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please read this:

>>>> Black Shark and A-10C aren't available :<

And here a plain and simple explanation why current DCS products don't work with DCS:World:

Right now BS2/A-10 are v.1.1.1.1

DCS:World is right now v1.1.2.1 (and this will obviously go higher until final release)

So we have to wait until DCS A-10/BS2 will meet the same version to be able to integrate them into DCS:World.

Warehoues

GUI dialogs exist for the anticipated "warehouse" feature. You can place warehouse via "static objects". Each warehouse has dialogs associated with which airbases they supply. You can specify how much aircraft, fuel, and weapons a warehouse has access too and how often it gets resupplied.

[*] Minor aspects of resource system working. If enabled airbases have 100 supply of aircraft and munitions. Once supply of a specific munition is gone, aircraft cannot load said munition.

[*] LAlt + ' command is used to bring up a window to specify weapon payload per pylon. Additionally chaff, flares, desired % of fuel and (I assume) ammo type can also be changed. Is functionally identical to setting payload in the mission editor.

Screen_120507_172041.jpg

i see, you became a tester Grimes. so can you confirm that the rearming "mission resources" window is still WIP or am i doing something wrong? coz i put warehouse with unlimited ammo/weapon @ base/airbase on map but i was unable to rearm my Su-25T :(

everything is avail: 0 :mad: i mean weapons

So still WIP (coz of Beta) ? please answer this Q Testers. Thanks

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

Did you set base to be allied with Red or Blue? It cannot be neutral.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Did you set base to be allied with Red or Blue? It cannot be neutral.

TY Bob, it works now. But still starts with avail:0 weapon number.

The available numbers of weapons increasing only when ground crew took off weapons from aircraft.

Strange.

sign-pic4.jpg

i see, you became a tester Grimes. so can you confirm that the rearming "mission resources" window is still WIP or am i doing something wrong? coz i put warehouse with unlimited ammo/weapon @ base/airbase on map but i was unable to rearm my Su-25T :(

everything is avail: 0 :mad: i mean weapons

So still WIP (coz of Beta) ? please answer this Q Testers. Thanks

Make sure your canopy is open / your radio is using the ground crew option. Not sure about the SU-25, I've only done this with the other modules and works every time I use the radio properly.

If you have a problem, please take the time to make a short track to illustrate your issue and post it in the Bug & Problem section.

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

The airbase resourse management is sounding great. MP missions will never be the same. Kick ass stuff. Nice work guys. Thanks!

The interesting bit is that it will take some experimentation to figure out what sort of different gameplay experiences we can create from just manipulating the resource management. Naturally we can easily force "80s missions" and come up with other situational concepts. However I'm very curious how the overall gameplay might change if we limit just a single resource type. For example, aircraft, fuel, and weapons are all independent of one another, so we could force unlimited aircraft and fuel but take weapon usage into account with the resources. Would that result in players being reckless with their teams allocation of aircraft and fuel while still trying to conserve their weapons?

Would limited fuel, but unlimited aircraft/weapons force players to not overextend?

Likewise would limited aircraft and unlimited fuel/weapons cause gameplay like the first ever FC Red Flag where several dozen (or was in hundreds) of missiles were fired but only a handful of aircraft were actually shot down?

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I have a question: do the air frames still need to be of matching versions to work together with DCS World?

What I mean by that is, if a patch comes out for DCS World, will we also have to have the matching airframe versions to run with it? Also will two air frames in the same world have to be matching versions to both run and play together?

Essentially this is how it worked before DCS World and I'm wondering if DCS World brings it all together but also adds backwards compatibility since it's modular (or are there interdependent components requiring everything to tie together in matching versions)...

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Hey Grimes. Something for your list:

Flags no longer limited to 99. You can use an unlimited amout of flags.

Edit:

Message duration limited to 1000 instead of 100

Okay maybe I discover more :P

Edited by TurboHog

'Frett'

I have a question: do the air frames still need to be of matching versions to work together with DCS World?

What I mean by that is, if a patch comes out for DCS World, will we also have to have the matching airframe versions to run with it? Also will two air frames in the same world have to be matching versions to both run and play together?

Essentially this is how it worked before DCS World and I'm wondering if DCS World brings it all together but also adds backwards compatibility since it's modular (or are there interdependent components requiring everything to tie together in matching versions)...

yes

It is sure mentioned before in this thread(I didn't read all the postings), but I want to point out that I really like the new gates in the campaign.

They made it possible to persuade my wife to do some flying with me :). She had a lot of fun to chase the gates - and she liked most that instead I was telling all the time where to go she can now find the way by her self .

That's a big :thumbup: ED ! :)

Screen_120523_121857.jpg

Edited by PeterP

Is it possible to restock the warehouses by sending a supply convoy?

What happens if a warehouse gets destroyed? Is it still possible to supply an airbase with fuel and ammunition?

Tekken

Edited by Tekken
  • Like 1

Asus Sabertooth Z77, I7-3770K @ 4,4 Ghz, 8 Gbyte RAM, ATI 6950 @ 6970, Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, Samsung 26", TrackIR 5 Pro, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Cougar MFD's, Hotas Warthog

Can anyone tell me how to get those green boxes displayed in my car?

Apply as needed, together with liberal amounts of imagination, to inside of windscreen:

Green_lipstick.jpg

or outside, dependant on weather, mood, probability of bug-strikes etc etc :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

If you can do that by trigger, you can set any conditions you want to call the resupply action :) (as air supply, for example)

Edited by chromium

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

/Thread cleaned up.

Let's not derail please.

Ta

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

It would be great if we could resupply the warehouse via

1. Applicable transport aircraft with loads modelled (I.e. amount of real world cargo possible)

2. Road transportation cargo carrying vehicles that can remove warehouse inventory from one airfields warehouse (therefore deducting that's warehouse inventory) via road to another airfields warehouse (thereby adding to its inventory).

3. Coastal ships to ports and then onto road transport vehicles to airfield warehouse.

Capturing an enemies base would also add their weapons to your inventory but can't imagine it would be of much use.

The facility to do all of the above via triggers and Lua would be the most flexible approach imo.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

Capturing an enemies base would also add their weapons to your inventory but can't imagine it would be of much use.
Would make sense if both sides use the same platforms (e.g. Russia and Georgia). In any case, the other side loses inventory.

• ED Team

Unless you had the option to re-purpose enemy equipment for your Coalitions use. Although that was done in WWII, dont know in a large scale war they would bother doing that at all...

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png