3D Vision supported! Awesome screenshots!

sammaz

Don't know the difference - like already posted I'm a AMD user!

What I like at IZ3D driver is that they are very easy to edit and you can choose the direction from witch Eye to shift the second Image (don't know if NVIDIA offers the same option)- so it fixes the HUD for me when I close one Eye - so I can ensure myself that I'm not targeting e.g. 100ft left from my target.

IZ3D-shift.png

Once again: So when I choose "Right shift" I have the original DCS-Render at my left Eye (my dominant one) . For targeting/checking SPI,... I close my right.

>>>>

How to Determine Your Dominant Eye: Step-by-Step Instructions

when you put the original render at your dominate eye you often (good light conditions) are able to tell where the "real" gun piper is pointing at without closing the other eye.

Edited by PeterP

IZ3D might be going open source...

http://3dvision-blog.com/7633-the-iz3d-driver-is-going-to-become-an-open-source-project/

This would be an awesome development for everyone (AMD + NVIDIA). We would be able to create game specific fixes\patches for both.

I tried IZ3D and you are right it allows much more customization in the GUI than 3DVision, but I get more FPS when using 3DVision.

I am still in awe at free-flying in the 3D cockpit. I have my Cockpit Zoom view tied to my controler triggers.

BEST SIM EVR!:)

Dual CPU Tyan S7002, (2x) Intel Xeon x5550 @ 2.9Ghz 6.4QPI, 12G DDR-3 ECC Registered, LSI MegaRAID 9261-81 SATA 6GPS Controller with 8 drives in dual RAID0 (6TB D:\) (4TB E:\) , 64GB KINGSTON SSD C:\ , Nvidia GTS450 1.5G , 3DTV Play, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 50in. 3D Plasma, Acer G245HQ 24in. LCD

I'm not sure what the big deal is with the 3D Vision and the offset reticles in the HUD. I just did my first training mission firing rockets and guns at some targets on the ground. If you look at the HUD from not zooming, then yea, you will be very inaccurate. However, for those that have TrackIR, you should have no problem zooming into the HUD and making accurate hits on targets without closing one eye.

-M

I'm not sure what the big deal is with the 3D Vision and the offset reticles in the HUD. I just did my first training mission firing rockets and guns at some targets on the ground. If you look at the HUD from not zooming, then yea, you will be very inaccurate. However, for those that have TrackIR, you should have no problem zooming into the HUD and making accurate hits on targets without closing one eye.

-M

I want to get a TrackIR so bad...

So If I can get the Sony HMD for 600.00 and TrackIR for under 100.00 = 700.00

You wouldn't really need the complete Thrustmastmaster HOTAS (with screens and dials) would you? The Virtual cockpit would be just as real.

This would be the ultimate setup. As long as you can arrange a chair with the stick and thruster you would really have the cockpit sensation. It would be chilling to look down left while in the cockpit and push the "real" Thrustmaster throttle forward. I think that would really create the most immersion.

3D Plasma is great fun but I think it's HMD time when it comes to DCS.

Hope that the DCS team keeps up the same kind of development. Eventually we will need TrackIR gloves so that we can see our hands inside the cockpit. I would imagine all that you would need would be a stick and a small "T-shaped-bar" to replace the Thrustmaster HOTAS.

Edited by sammaz

Dual CPU Tyan S7002, (2x) Intel Xeon x5550 @ 2.9Ghz 6.4QPI, 12G DDR-3 ECC Registered, LSI MegaRAID 9261-81 SATA 6GPS Controller with 8 drives in dual RAID0 (6TB D:\) (4TB E:\) , 64GB KINGSTON SSD C:\ , Nvidia GTS450 1.5G , 3DTV Play, Panasonic TC-P50GT25 50in. 3D Plasma, Acer G245HQ 24in. LCD

You wouldn't really need the complete Thrustmastmaster HOTAS (with screens and dials) would you? The Virtual cockpit would be just as real.

There are no screens and dials on the TM Warthog HOTAS but there are a lot of switches and buttons, not including the ones on the throttle base, that you will still need to map to your controller of choice or use the keyboard since they cannot be activated with the mouse.

In that regard, the TM Warthog is definately the optimal solution from both a compatibility standpoint as well as realism.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

There are no screens and dials on the TM Warthog HOTAS but there are a lot of switches and buttons, not including the ones on the throttle base, that you will still need to map to your controller of choice or use the keyboard since they cannot be activated with the mouse.

In that regard, the TM Warthog is definately the optimal solution from both a compatibility standpoint as well as realism.;)

But if you had a TrackIR glove...and patch the game to display your hand in cockpit you could toggle all of the buttons as if they were really there, with your hand. Throw the TM WartHog HOTAS out completely.

Example :

TrackIR + HMD + Glove...you push head forward and see dials\switches zoom. you raise your hand and finger...trackIR see it and you see it in your HMD. You could literally push your face right up to the throttle panel and put your hand on the virtual cockpit buttons..

This is the software you would need... http://sites.google.com/site/carlkenner/glovepie

This is the Glove you would get.... http://www.amazon.com/Essential-Reality-P5-Gaming-Glove/dp/B00007JNFE

Man this would be cheap and amazing. All that you would need is a folding lawn chair with a broomstick attached to the front. The realism would be better than the complete HOTAS system I think.

We just need the devs to implement and in-cockpit 3D hand that is trackable.

Edited by sammaz

It just wouldn't seem right without the stick in my hand...the throttle I could get over maybe but not the stick.:D

EDIT: Once you hold the Warthog, the broomstick just isn't going cut it.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It just wouldn't seem right without the stick in my hand...the throttle I could get over maybe but not the stick.:D

EDIT: Once you hold the Warthog, the broomstick just isn't going cut it.

Agreed.

I need the physical touch of the HOTAS to feel like I'm in the simulator. But the glove would be great for switching things and pushing buttons on the MFD.

• 4 weeks later...

Eqzitara has posted a method to set different convergence settings on the fly. This is great for whn you have to zoom or use the external camera. The convergence changes instantly. It makes DCS A10C waaaaaaay more usable in 3D or when using a HMD.

http://helixmod.blogspot.com/

Whoa...that would do it.

-HMD

-TrackIR

-That thing

Nice!...I would really like to try this test :

Sony HMD 3DTV Play + TrackIR solution vs. This Curved Screen setup with (3) Acer 3DVsion Projectors.

I guess the actual screens would add a bit to your cost ~1000.00 for primo ones.

So for the (3) projector route you would be looking at 2200.00$

HDM and TrackIr = 1000.00$

Just one more step up in resolution! Although I trying to wait for 1200 vertical.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Nice shots, ....but the cockpit would be only really perfect if the HUD would have a X axis (as it is named in the view.lua) - so it would be really focused to infinity. Right now I always have to close one Eye to see where the gun piper is pointing at.

View.lua:

It is sure nice for taking a free-ride from time to time (breathtaking is a better explanation) , but as the HUD is right now - I have (sadly) to say that it is useless for a real combat-sortie.

The 3D dimension looks fine in the A-10 with the exception that the piper doesn't match with its background target. This is really frustrating! We are a group of VRS SuperBug fans flying 3D in FSX. Since the TacPac is not yet finished, I was just about to promote your great A-10, but didn't because of that "stupid" problem.

My question is: do you know if DCS is working to solve this 3D problem so that an imminent update is expected, or is this problem final?

Edited by Biba

BiBa...............BigBang

WIN 11-64 Pro. MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING. SSD: LEXAR 790 4TB. CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K. GPU: MANLI RTX 2080 Ti. RAM: HyperX 3200 MHz 64 GB. Monitor: ASUS 4K 28"/VR: Pimax 4K/TrackIR-5/SAITEK X55-Yoke-Rudder-Trim Wheel.

• 3 weeks later...

What one needs to have to see those 3D screenshots ?

What is HMD?

3D ignorant here

Edited by Squid

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64

What is HMD?

3D ignorant here

You can view the images with an ordinary pair of 3D glasses. (Cost about $2.00)

Granted it probably wont look as good as the high dollar hardware accelerated stuff, but you will get the 3D effect.

What is HMD?

3D ignorant here

And HMD stands for Helmet Mounted Display

150px-XSight_HMD.jpg

EDIT: An Article

Edited by Cedaway

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey All,

I had problems with DSCW and A10C but I had found a fix you have to UNSELECT FULL SCREEN in the options menu..

FIXED!!!!!!! I had in CP to apply 3"D only in full screen changed it too always and

I got it again..

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

• 4 months later...