is PCIe 3.0 a worthwhile platform upgrade?

Purely from a combat-flight-sim gaming perspective, is PCIe 3 worthwhile? I haven't found a review of an Ivy Bridge CPU, so I don't really know what to think of this new spec. Anyone think it would remove a bottleneck? Or maybe just add unnecessary cost to a gaming rig I'm trying to spec out.

thanks for any feedback,

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

But...

If you want to daisy chain 4GPUs to utilise them for some heavy protein folding processing - and get finally the Nobel Prize in Biochemistry - the answer is:

Definitive Yes! It's worth it! - so you will probably be able to have some usable results at the end of this decade for your candidacy. (Oh-well, ...count in some time for others to proof you findings ~ 3 more years)

If you just want to run some games - follow Kuky's advise!

Edited by PeterP

hey PP thanks for the positive reinforcement.:thumbup: I think I can make an informed decision now. Much obliged.

Flyby out

http://www.overclock.net/t/1188376/hardwarecanucks-hd-7970-pci-e-3-0-vs-pci-e-2-0-comparison

PCI express 3.0 offers nothing more than PCI-x 2.0 - Follow the link above, the comparison between the two...

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

thanks for that link, Cedaway. That article sinks it. I don't plan to go X-fire or SLI so no need to buy the hype. :D

Flyby out