Weapon System turning off?

ShaZe88

Did anyone experienced something similar?

Sometimes the Shkval and weapon system seems to suddenly shutdown without any warnings. The missiles type will no longer be able to be selected and even the cannon will not work.

Everytime it happened, I have looked for the weapon system power switch, or flight instruments switch and everything was still "operationnal". Eventually the system come back after a minute.

It is also nearly impossible that I accidently switch something off in the middle flight manœuvres...

I might have missed something stupid that would explain it but so far I have no idea :blink:

I also believe I had something similar with the Laser Targeting System suddenly shutting down while the switch were still on...

Let me know if you have any clues :P

If you pull hard maneuvers, typically ones where the collective is the down position. the blades can get into an overspeed position which will kill the generators. Thus the ShKVal and associated weapons systems will reboot.

At least I think that is why. I know the reason is that the blades are overspeeding due to the collective position and the maneuvers, but I don't know the technical details past that part, just that it is the reason for the problem you are experiencing.

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.

Oh, that would actually make sense, good to know that it is indeed me doing something wrong and not some random system failures going on while flying. I had observed my batteries meters, pretty much all my other electronics were working so I was really out of ideas about what could have caused this.

Thanks a lots of the quick explanation, and Thanks ShuRugal for the quick tip, I will try it next time.