FAC does not answer!

Hello...

Can somebody tell me, why my JTAC does not answer to my calls? It's Axeman1 30MHz FM (HMMW). I even placed a "Test-JTAC" Pointer1 33MHz FM to airport. Pointer1 doesnt even appear in the CommMenu...What am i doing wrong? Right Radio was set to right frequency...Any Guess??

Regards

PS: Added my miz-file

Intruder.miz

I don't have access to the ME at this moment, but I'd like to ask a dumb question: are you using the mic switch aft to select the VHF FM radio, or just the \ key? Most "HELP ME MY RADIOS WON'T WORK!" problems on these forums arise from this confusion. I wish they'd just remove the easy radio communications option, and make the \ key game mode only... it's not like the radios on 100% realism are that hard or complex to use.

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

To eliminate line of sight issues with the HMVV, use predator @9k instead, to confirm all else is correct. Give it a circling action at first waypoint. Also make sure WP advanced actions look like this in this order.

Orbit (h-Hwpt=9000 feet)

FAC

Set FREQ (30) FM.

FAC Assign Group. (choose the group you want the FAC to identify).

U know when u use the right mic button, cause the radio type comes up at the top.

Good luck

Edited by Fish

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]

Alright:(...Hmm...I tried it like "Fish" explained it. But it doesnt work in the mountains. Just for fun i placed the HMMW some 10m in front of the Target. Should not be a LOS issue:smilewink:...Additionally i let a predator orbit and assign the Target at WP9. Both did not answer. To test it i let a 2nd Predator (Ford) assign another target placed in a flat region. And surprise...he replied (Couldnt assign the target either, but anyway. At least he replied)...What's so difficult about it? Never noticed such issues when i build similar missions before in 1.1.1.0. ANd which role play the mountains. Does they masked radio calls...not really, or...?...

Has somebody any idea, please? Fish?:smilewink:...

Regards

Intruder.miz

Edited by rico

Regardless of LOS issues the JTAC should always appear in your comms menu (if you key the correct radio).

There can then be a few otherr problems

1) You can't hear him due to LOS or range issue

2) You can hear him but he doesn't assign a target due to LOS from FAC to Tgt

3) The target isn't yet activated OR the JTAC is activated prior to the target (use AI ON/OFF on tgts instead).

4) The FAC/JTAC isnt set up correctly (i.e. callsign, freq and tgt assign in advanced options).

I did encounter a similar frustrating problem in a miz build and it was due to him being assigned multiple targets and he did not have LOS to one of them screwing everything up. To check LOS use F7 and pan around to make sure, sometimes in the mountains the smallest undulation screws up the LOS.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

..........Has somebody any idea, please? Fish?:smilewink:...

Might wanna post the problem mission, and someone will have a look at it.

Fish's Flight Sim Videos

[sIGPIC]I13700k, RTX4090, 64gb ram @ 3600, superUltraWide 5120x1440, 2560x1440, 1920x1080, Warthog, Tusba TQS, Reverb VR1000, Pico 4, Wifi6 router, 360/36 internet[/sIGPIC]