Multiplayer "8 players kick bug" [1.02, 1.1]

qrdl

Hi,

I am writing in the name of polish LO/FC players gathered at imo bigest polish LO/FC forum

http://212.160.164.236/~apacz/phpBB2/index.php (Forum miłośników symulatorów...).

Here is the problem.

When there is about 7-8 players online, after few minutes, serwer starts to kick players randomly (I mean it looks randomly for us). Sometimes all clients being kicked, sometimes 2-3 of them - host stays, mission is playable, clients have to rejoin mission, of koz we tried very different missions. Pings are rather good between 60-200 and there is no any kind of "ping warning", lags before kick, etc..

We tried different host computers, different configs, at dfferent locations (cities).

All - 3 - test machines are connected adsl 1Mbit down/256Kbit up (2xmodem sagem800, 1xrouter asmax701). There is nothing in sys logs, no warning, no errors, connections seem to work ok.

It is very annoying problem... please help us, we are very, very frustated...

Yours,

qrdl

Boski Logos

I'm also Polish, and I'll try to help.

First, make all the clients set their connection speed exactly the same - 128/128!!!

Now, if we're talking about hosting a game for 8 players with above connection setting be aware you need a server that has at least 1Mbit upload and 1Mbit download speed free and stable!!!

Go and change the timeout settings (everyone should do it)

It's in Lock On\Config\network\config.lua file

change gameTimeout to at least 120 (seconds) !

and IdleTimeout .. should be at least 120 too (I think it's default)

don't forget to save the changes

If this does not work for you. You have for sure network related problems (packetloss, baned routes - I know f.e. that direct connections between TPSA and InternetPartners don't like to work with each other very much one way, and the problem is on TPSA side of course ;)

At the end you're welcome to join my squad's dedicated server: VVS504 server, or any other dedicated server. Just install HyperLobby, and you're set :) You'll be very happy to play with 20 players, huge missions, with pings around 60ms :) Of course it is v1.1 LockOn only! As far as I know a lot of Polish players play with pirated LockOn 1.02 version (thumb down) and didn't bother to buy v1.1. It's a shame.

I hope I'll see you guys on VVS504 server :)

Pozdrawiam,

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Thank you for your reply :-)

I'm also Polish, and I'll try to help.

First, make all the clients set their connection speed exactly the same - 128/128!!!

Now, if we're talking about hosting a game for 8 players with above connection setting be aware you need a server that has at least 1Mbit upload and 1Mbit download speed free and stable!!!,

It seems a little bit weird... 1/1Mbit up/down for hosting 8 players at LOFC? Ok, but why host kicks clients? I understand: lags, poor ping, etc. - some kind of "normal" behaviour of overloaded connection, but kiks totaly kills gameplay :(, host kicks equally clients with good pings same as with bad pings..

Go and change the timeout settings (everyone should do it)

It's in Lock On\Config\network\config.lua file

change gameTimeout to at least 120 (seconds) !

and IdleTimeout .. should be at least 120 too (I think it's default)

don't forget to save the changes,

Changed many times, now there is 600...

If this does not work for you. You have for sure network related problems (packetloss, baned routes - I know f.e. that direct connections between TPSA and InternetPartners don't like to work with each other very much one way, and the problem is on TPSA side of course ;)

I am afraid this is not TPSA related problem. If it is, its very big problem coverd whole contry. We used to play direct and via HL. Do you think that LOFC is very one game that kick clients due to slow connection or Internet provider TPSA?? If yes, I still think that something is wrong with FC multip...

Mayby someone knows utility that shows connection related problems affecting FCs muliplayer?

At the end you're welcome to join my squad's dedicated server: VVS504 server, or any other dedicated server. Just install HyperLobby, and you're set :) You'll be very happy to play with 20 players, huge missions, with pings around 60ms :) Of course it is v1.1 LockOn only! As far as I know a lot of Polish players play with pirated LockOn 1.02 version (thumb down) and didn't bother to buy v1.1. It's a shame.

I hope I'll see you guys on VVS504 server :)

Pozdrawiam,

Ok, I wrote about 1.02 because this problem we have since 1.02! Now we are playing 1.1 and I bought 2 versions of addon - web and cd.. so rethink your oppinion about polish players :-) Imagine that ~$20 here in Poland is a lot of money for some players and they have to play 1.02 and saving money for 1.1...

Thank you. We are inviting you to join our parties :-) Opisy zawsze są w moim gg 2250882

best wishes/pozdrawiam,

qrdl

Boski Logos

What are You talking about, people!

It's not about computer speed, it's about players quantity! Bigger timeout is needed only when some people needs more time to connect to the server, nothing more. We are talking about kicking, because of players quantity reason. We afraid, then the real reason is non effective ED LockOn network communication protocol, or it's stability.

So that is why We expect real answer from ED team! What it is happens, and how do they plan to fix it, or maybe it is impassible to fix it, at last!

They are fixing network code in 1.11 ;)

Ok, I`ve read about fixing mp in 1.11, but is ED going to fix real issues or do cosmetic make-up?

ED Developers Team, I - as a big Flanker fan since 1998 - very please answer us: is it normal that game KICKS clients (>6) due to low (1024/256 down/up adsl) bandwich? Pings are good, no lags, no ANY sights of warning and suddenly 2,3 or more clients are kicked at once.

Yours,

qrdl

[host machine: P4 3.2GHz HT, 1GB (2x512 dual), Gainward GT6800 Ultra GS 256mb, mobo Asus P5P800, modem SAGEM Fast800 drivers 3.0.4]

Boski Logos

256 kbits up is too low for 8 players, maximun 6 players. The code of lomac for net is very bad, it's clear that the code isn't debugged, but doesn't matter i think with time and money that problem will be solved.

256 kbits up is too low for 8 players, maximun 6 players.

It is ~42.7kbits/player upload. Why for there is, in LOFC, option to connect 33.6k?? I mean

["Modem 33.6K"] = {

downstream = 3000;

upstream = 1000;

Due to default game options you should be able to play, as a client, with down ~30kbits, serwer up is 256/30 so 7-8 players sholud play without problems, more than 6. Am I right...? On other side client connecting with modem <33.6 have no chances to get to game or after connetion will be kicked with others players?? Is it LOFC server so unstable?

But once again the problem is: why the game KICKS?

:O

It's one of the best along with IL-2 I tell you. :smile:

HAHAHA good joke.

In times of good old IL2Sturmovik I was able to host ~6 players (no lags, ping 40-150) on my 100/100kbits HIS.... If there were more than 6 players host game used to be slide show, but no kicks...

yours,

qrdl

Boski Logos

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ED dev team for answering my (ours) questions... It is good to know how helpfull You are. I remeber times of Flankers 2.x forum (SSI), it`s very pity that good old standards are history right now :(

best wishes,

qrdl

Boski Logos