Newest EDM Model Tools

Can't see anything being done in the short term, long term who knows.. The unfortunate thing is even if people continue using older versions of max along with the older .edm tools in the likely event that something changes with the edm format again that's it, finished!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This isn't working for me, I assume it has to do with the new forum. Any chance of a new link?

Good news...   It would be great for the modding community and the growth of DCS.

Same problem here, I can't get 3DS MAX 2017 or older version.

Minimun version available is 3DS MAX 2018.

So I can't develop anything for DCS !! :(

DCS Wishlist:

• DCS: A-10C 2: new suite, flight and system improvements. fix no real things. To include new features. Some real love.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you saying the latest plugin supports 2021?

http://www.leatherneck-sim.com/

https://www.facebook.com/leatherneck.simulations/

i9 7980XE, 128GB Ram, SLI GTX Titan Xp, Win10 Pro, SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0

i7 4960X, 64GB Ram, GTX Titan, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 2600K, 16GB Ram, GTX 580, Win10 Pro, 240GB SSD, 3 x 4TB HDD

Pentium 4, 2GB Ram, GeForce 6800 Ultra, WinXp Pro, 3 x 500GB HDD

It makes no sense for them to upgrade versions of Max they use every year, either. The licenses aren't cheap, and if the current version they use accomplishes what they need then there is no reason to rush to upgrade.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Indeed, but newer Max takes advantage of latest hardware tech. Sometimes 2014/16/17 gets so sluggish with 1,500,000 tri-count and more , it's un-usable. 2019+ can handle the instructions much better. And with larger textures.

As graphics cards get better, so does the art....and the Art departments are constantly innovating as hardware becomes better suited.

Personally, I dont mind an upgraded plugin every 2-3 years, but it's time for a new one for sure.....before our old files become corrupt. At least for 3rd parties.

i9 7980XE, 128GB Ram, SLI GTX Titan Xp, Win10 Pro, SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0

i7 4960X, 64GB Ram, GTX Titan, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

That's why I haven't upgraded to a newer max and stayed on 2016.

Unfortunately people don't have the option anymore.

General 3D modeling thread and reference sites

UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Updates to my stuff are now going here

I was able to get a link to my old 2017 download from an autodesk email I had archived, and the link was still valid. Lucked out I guess.

• 1 month later...
Link for the newest standalone modelviewer does not work !. What now ?.

It works now.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

Link for the newest standalone modelviewer does not work !. What now ?.

The one bundled in your latest version of DCS should be newest enough for all your needs. Never saw the want or need to use one newer than your install. Same goes for the EDM plugins.

So.... Is there a solution to the 3DS Max/edm plugin situation?? If you actually have an official license, 2018 is the oldest 3DS Max version you can use legally... Which means that in the current situation, only hackers can make mods for DCS.

I pay for a license from Autodesk every month and all I can access is 3DS Max 2018 through 2021.

Thanks.

The MIRAGE is as invulnerable to the opponent's hits as the mirage is unreachable to the desert traveler.

i7 7700k @ 5Ghz - 32Gb DDR4 - 2Tb M.2 SSD - GTX 1080Ti

So.... Is there a solution to the 3DS Max/edm plugin situation?? ...

i have been watching this thread for several years now, and never seen any solution to this situation :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN10 x64 / 32 Gb RAM DDR4 @ 3000mhz / i7-7820X @ 4.1ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti / all SSD Samsung EVO 860 / VIRPIL T50-Throttle & T50MC flightstick on WarBRD base / MFG Crosswind pedals / Pimax 5k+

There's mix discussion on the inside regarding an updated plugin. It is being worked on....but not clear if it's for 2018 or 2020......maybe both.

Well Maybe the solution is making it for blender and hake a old version of max .. :).. I have 2021 and it is impossible to have the 17 so yes all 17 are hacked versions from my knowledge.. Sadly

Fly it like you stole it..

You really want to have 3rd parties get delayed for learning a new/another 3d software? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Like I said in the other thread.

I rolled back to Version 172213 due to the crashing while animating.

The only thing I can't do is edit previous fake lights and animate new ones.

Omni and spot lights work fine. With the new lighting set up I suspect it's all changed..

Seem to be facing an issue with the models in game - When in first person view looking at some models of mine at certain angles , they dissapear (yet their projected shadow remains) and re-appear if i move my head (in VR) or pan camera sligtly to another angle. This is only in first person view , outside cameras are unaffected . It is as if there are blind spots that certain angles make the models invisible .. Has anyone had a similar experience or could help figure out what this is ? Thanks

Are you using a LODs file or calling the edm file directly??