Newest EDM Model Tools

Ok, I think my problem is that I don't know how to assign the controller correctly.

This is what I do:

- Create a cylinder

- (If I go now to the motion tab, I can't assign another controller. In the dropdown list is only Transform: Scale/Move/Rotate)

- Set the argument value in the left lower corner to something > 0

- Apply Auto key

- Move the slider

- Rotate the cylinder

- Now, in the curve editor, I could choose some argbased options (visibility and float) but no rotation

Thanks for your help :worthy:

Edit:

I found it.........I didn't know that I have to click on Transform/Rotate to be able to assign the argbased controller

I always tried it in the root of the tree view :-(

Although, thanks for your help

Edited by Ugene
I'am an idiot^^

???

Texture Opacity get value from TGA alpha channel

nothing, I have select 2 side in material, works perfectly, only last question, about lights,How can I crate for self ilumnation?and how can I do for when I create a plane(material for my light), in dcs with my camera, this plane(ligh navigation for example) be like sphere?

• 2 weeks later...

4) What are the biggest touch up things that need to be done?

A1: To correct textures: Textures need to have a special material type assigned to them. This is done by opening the Material Editor (M key). Select your texture slot. Then click on Utilities, EDModelTool, then click "Make Cool". If you do not see EDModelTool, Click 'More' in the Utilities tab and select it. Back in the Material Editor, you will now see a new category called "Material Attributes". For most items, use "Default" in the pull down section. Do this for each material slot and export normally.

7) My model exported with no errors but I see nothing

A: Verify that you assigned the correct material. See question 4, answer 1.

I have problem with converting to *.edm

I have made exactly like luckybob wrote, but my model invisible in game and modelviewer.

Plugin version is edm-plugins-63176.exe

I tried both in 3ds max 2010 and 3ds max 2008, also tried on W7 and XP, but same result...

I`ve attached my test box for 2010 max. Help please

Worked fine for me. Try assigning a texture and seeing if that solves it. Put the texture in the temp folder though so it displays.

test.thumb.png.17ccc71754d8a61223fa27bdf575bd50.png

test.rar

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1418067&postcount=1

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

In-game screenshot pls !!!

ModelViewer not relevant.

I do not have dcs on my work pc. He mentioned that it did not work in modelviewer as well, hence why I showed the relevant modelviewer screenshot. I also attached the .edm file for him, or you, to test in game

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

Seo libh a chairde is chanadh liom. Líonaigí'n oíche le greann is le spórt. Seo sláinte na gcarad atá imithe uainn. Mar cheo an tsléibhe uaine, iad imithe go deo

Which version made this test.edm ?

59270 maybe. I do not remember exactly, but it is an older one. I have had no reason to update it. My dev computer is more up to date

Nevada map contributer

EDM Modeling tools FAQ:

I spend almost all day for tests with no success..

I`ve used cadaver.bmp from Temp folder and assigned it to my box.

But model invisible in Modelviewer and game.

1. Plugin 62806 the latest working version, newer plugin generate wrong EDM file header.

U can check this in DCS.log file.

2. Check your edModelViewer file properties:

- If Start in directory is the modelviewer folder, U need copy BMP to ModelViewer/Bazar/TempTextures

- If Start in directory is the DCS game folder, copy BMP to DCS/Bazar/TempTextures