Ka-50 Windscreen Wiper...

JACN

Hi,

I know this question could (and surely will) be taken as a joke...but I do not think so:

Will Ka-50´s windscreen wiper be something more than a simple 3D model detail in the external view?

I think it not only affects to the eye-candy/game immersion, but also to the added handicap of flying while searching and adquiring targets under poor conditions. Its funcionality (and real ingame usefulness) may involve a slight (or not so) FX engine review...but I believe it worths it. :)

Do you remember EEAH, EECH or Search&Rescue...? :icon_wink

While we're at it: Will the Vikhr launchers tilt 15degrees down from the centerline when aiming at ground targets?

Will we have Igla lanchers on the outer "pods"?

Will the rotors degrade in pieces or as one part when hit by gunfire, or during a crash?

Will rotor clashing be moddeled when pushing past the FCS limits?

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

I knew you´d be the first to answer me...:tongue:

While we're at it: Will the Vikhr launchers tilt 15degrees down from the centerline when aiming at ground targets?

3D external view eyecandy, only.

Will we have Igla lanchers on the outer "pods"?

Well, yes it´s interesting.

Will the rotors degrade in pieces or as one part when hit by gunfire, or during a crash?

If ED is going to model Hokum seat ejection/system-blade separation (A MUST) the physics involved could be translated to what you´re saying...unless you were exclusively talking about the 3D external view (useless) eyecandy :icon_roll .

Will rotor clashing be moddeled when pushing past the FCS limits?

Well, interesting matter but (as last time, my friend) you´re leaving the threat. Yours is a FM question. But IMHO I believe that the same way ED team has (credible)modeled out-of-flight-envelope behaviour in an fixed wing bird will do the same (reasonably) in a rotating wing one.

Nobody understand what I´m trying to explain? nobody here has played EECH or Search&Rescue sims?. Nobody use/has used FS2004? :icon_frow.

ejection/system-blade separation is definatly modeled :)

Insert crop of "Duuuuuude", "Awesome!", "OMFG!!", "That r0xx0r5!!11!", "ED= teh awsmoe!1one!!", and other suitable and entirely appropriate comments :p

Any chance you could post some quiet screenies?

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
ejection/system-blade separation is definatly modeled :)

that shit is gonna be leet, i can just imagine now, 2 sets of rotors blowing off then teh pilot ejecting, omg h4x

Or you install EECH and start wanking on the screens :/

What I meant was: will the individual rotors (one of those plastic thingies that spin around) be able to break in differnt segments, i.e. a shilka hits the rotor, blowing off one piece of the rotortip, causing serious vibrations.

The Vikhr rack tilring down 15degs. is no eye candy, it does that in real life, in order to expand the missile's aspect angle (to be able to target tanks without gaining too much forward speed as well)

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Hi,

I know this question could (and surely will) be taken as a joke...but I do not think so:

Will Ka-50´s windscreen wiper be something more than a simple 3D model detail in the external view?

I think it not only affects to the eye-candy/game immersion, but also to the added handicap of flying while searching and adquiring targets under poor conditions. Its funcionality (and real ingame usefulness) may involve a slight (or not so) FX engine review...but I believe it worths it. :)

Do you remember EEAH, EECH or Search&Rescue...? :icon_wink

I agree, wiper blades and rain would be very cool. Test drive featured wiper blades.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

rotors (one of those plastic thingies that spin around) )

hehehe, those mounted in your toy-helicopters? :tongue:

The Vikhr rack tilring down 15degs. is no eye candy, it does that in real life, in order to expand the missile's aspect angle (to be able to target tanks without gaining too much forward speed as well)

Yes, Apache has a similar system.

But, tell me, what makes a military helicopter maker to put a windscreen wiper there?. Reasons:

a) It´s cool.

b) Makes chopper look prettier.

c) Relax pilot making him feeling like driving his own car in a wonderfull summer sunset.

d) What the Hell, why not?!!

z) It increases the situational awareness flying a low-speed low-altitude machine under poor weather conditions. And so it´s a SAFETY NECESSARY device... ;)

And the rain drops sliding down the side windows as you go faster :)

Hehe, LO1.2 no need to be a CFD solver, man, just a canned effect could do the job, something simmilar to FS2004, S&R, EECH..., give them a try or a look ;)

From AFM issues to the inclusion of working 3D "Wind screen wipers"

Now that is downright bizarre. Lets sort those moutains first before we start looking to fill mole hills.

You guys should be careful what you are smoking, it does not mix well with avgas.

9sqcrest.jpg

90 years of Excellence

Now that is downright bizarre. Lets sort those moutains first before we start looking to fill mole hills.

You guys should be careful what you are smoking, it does not mix well with avgas.

The rain effects are already quite good in lockon, such effects would just make it better. You don't need to sniff JP4 to figure that out.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

...I´m sure these are the same kind of guy who LOVES seeing those scratches over their glass cockpit dome under different illumination conditions...also, what a "downright bizarre"!!! :tongue:

And the rain drops sliding down the side windows as you go faster :)

While this would be cool, I hope ED do it properly and use real fluid dynamics calculations to simulate the 3D effect; anything less would be a betrayal of the whole 'high-fidelity flight sim' ethos. I don't mind if I have to upgrade my CPU, but what about also making those new physics processing cards a requirement?

;)

...I´m sure these are the same kind of guy who LOVES seeing those scratches over their glass cockpit dome under different illumination conditions...also, what a "downright bizarre"!!! :tongue:

The art department for lockon must be hard core, no doubt about it.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]