NAS Oceana: Blue Angels Air show video.

NEODARK

This past weekend I took my GF to the beach and we also went to an airshow that they had at the naval base. The performers included the Blue angels and the last ever tactical display of the F14 Tomcat built by Grumman or "the big plane" as affectionally known.

Needless to say, I had a lot of fun. Yes, I'm a huge fan of military aircraft.

Sadly my digital camera died and I wasn't able to buy a new one in time to take to the airshow, but at least I took a 35mm camera that I was able to take pics with (those coming later) I also took my DV camera to video some parts of the event.

So with out further delay, here is the first vid:

You better turn the volume up on this one ;) Blue Angels prep for take off. (27.8MB) (right click, save target as...)

LInk updated, vid re-encoded with XVID. (you'll need that to play this file.)

sig-YF19a.jpg

Glad you guys liked it. (I love that sound as well)

Oh and I will need to take it offline for a few hours to make a few additions to it. Sorry for the incovenience, but it should be back up tonight along with more vids of the airshow.

-neodark

• Like 1
sig-YF19a.jpg

Ohh just grabbed it in time!

Great quality vid feller!

It was shot with a DV camcorder, so it's DVD quality or 720x480, so its widescreen as well. (it lost some quality when compressed in WMV though, maybe I'll try to re-encode in divx)

As for the other guys, sorry its down (see my post above). I'll re-host it in a few hours, please check back.

Thanks. :)

sig-YF19a.jpg

It was shot with a DV camcorder, so it's DVD quality or 720x480, so its widescreen as well. (it lost some quality when compressed in WMV though, maybe I'll try to re-encode in divx)

As for the other guys, sorry its down (see my post above). I'll re-host it in a few hours, please check back.

Thanks. :)

we'll wait! :icon_roll

Freelance Hog Pilot

:joystick:

I went both days. It was a great show. I didnt really watch the blue angels, their shows are all the same. Seen one and you've seen um all. I was much more impressed with the Tomcat demo's. The sunday demonstration was very touching. They retired the VF-101 demonstration team. Very sad. I was fortunate enough to be in the VF-32 tent, which sat at show center. Pays to have a pilot father :cool:. I also had a quick chat with Tomcat legend, Dale Snodgrass. He visited the VF-32 tent after flying the F-86 Demo. Another high point of the show.

I posted about this on the neglected Ubi forum.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/94610606/m/3351005753

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

yeah, it was an emotional show, bye, bye tomcats :(

Sorry guys, it's taking me a bit longer, having a hard time encoding to divx, stupid virtual dub, ah well, its my fault as I never used it before.

anyway I'll have it back up asap, along with the tomcat moments.

PS: I wish I knew someone from the forum was there, it would've been awesome. Next time I guess.

But we did witness history this past Sunday.

sig-YF19a.jpg

So you got video of the blue angels, wheres the video of the Tomcat demo?? :)

I was there too. My plane landed at 4:30 on Friday and I headed straight to the base for the night show. Then I left Sunday in the middle of the blue angels show to catch my flight back. Mostly went up there to see the Tomcat one last time. It was well worth it.