ED's move into WWII simulation - a newcomer's perspective

MACADEMIC

BTW...

I will take a heavily modded SH4 over SH5 any day.:P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

"1942: Pacific Air War" is the best FS i ever played. Being in midair with 30+ planes around me, a dozen Ships below me...such a intensity...i never felt that again. One of the Milestones of Flight Simulation. Its not only the ultimate realism, that makes a Simulation good. If its a soulless technological klickiklacki...im getting bored. Unfortunately ED could never master such a big thing. The quality of a single Airplane is so high, that it would take many years to build such a game. RIP "1942..."

I particularly liked the rear gunner position in the Avenger as waves of Zeroes engaged. Kept those long Island hops exciting. Dropping torpedoes was great as well. They definitely need a reboot of that sim, or an opportunity for ED/DCS. :D.

• 1 month later...

i think i will skip this sim altogether.

we have many ww2 sims out there, il2 etc.

i think DCS's power and accuracy arent put to full use in another ww2 sim

i am waiting for the next gen supersonic aircraft sim to be released by them

cheers

It's better having to wait for something great

than having nothing great to wait for.

As much as I'd like to see DCS Frogfoot, quick and easy does not belong in the same sentence as DCS. Also out of all the sims you could have mentioned you've missed the biggest selling, FSX - I see the Mustang as attempting to enter that market and attract 3rd part Devs, much more than an attempt to enter IL2's market. That is not a waste of time and effort - and if 3rd parties get interested it will benefit us all greatly. The Mustang/A-10/Ka-50 also highlights the flexibility of the engine in simulating very different types of aircraft to a high quality.

I don't understand why some people insist in taking the narrowest view possible in pigeon-holing DCS as a vehicle to a Fast Jet sim only. It can be much much more.

Nate

hi nate,

for the record i support ED, my only question/concern is that we already have a subsonic sim (a-10) and i know alot of us (myself included) believe you guys would make a ripper of a fast jet sim, be it f18, su-35 etc. not trying to 'pigeon hole' but maybe its an insight as to what a lot of us simmers are seeking. :smilewink:

personally, one of the better (dedicated) f18 sims was janes f18, and thats 1999! i can only imagine how great you guys could make it.:joystick:

cheers

ps: while i know you guys 'can be so much more'

in my eyes at least, you are renowened for good flight sims.

It's better having to wait for something great

than having nothing great to wait for.

^^^^^^^^ Spooky!:music_whistling:

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

No it's not. If you carefully analise this messy poll @ http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84626 , you will see that it's devided closer to 30/70 or even 20/80...

Hi all,

I'm new to the DCS universe but ... Seeing such a divided response throughout this community on the announcement of the P-51 (really seems like it's 50/50),

:yes:

MAC

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No it's not. If you carefully analise this messy poll @ http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84626 , you will see that it's devided closer to 30/70 or even 20/80...

Yeah well what do you expect if you draw samples out of a group that is mostly here because of what ED put out in the past? You won't get an unbiased poll in this forum. ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Doesn't matter what ED makes, there will always be a loud group nagging about it, such is the very spirited and affectuate ways of simmers.

you can actually split it into fractions, some don't like X sim because it doesn't feature this or that and other will say it is the gospel because they live by it.

many fails to see that behind the scenes you have a company that is basically interested in harvesting as many sales as they can, and by reaching a larger audience than the jetheads they can diversify.

I for one have limited time so I am still finding new stuff and features in A-10C and I got that on release day, I'm in no hury, I plan on living at least 30 more years.

I think a WW II era fighter was a bit about time from ED, and I will still get any product (Sim oriented) they produce.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Remember this. Nothing can guaranty that next second you still will be alive, so you can plan whatever you wish, only "now and here" matters. :smilewink:

I plan on living at least 30 more years.

Staffan

‎"Eagle Dynamics" - simulating human madness since 1991

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, 1C is getting buttoned up due to customer attitude. That sounds quite familiar.

Its become a buyers market..so now developers have to step it up a notch more..to attract us back to they Sim's...thats why everyone is so hush hush...:music_whistling:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Its become a buyers market..so now developers have to step it up a notch more..to attract us back to they Sim's...thats why everyone is so hush hush...:music_whistling:

It's because people are being obnoxious in their behaviour, 1C has been open about that. ED has been burnt too in the past. Go figure... ;)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

It's because people are being obnoxious in their behaviour, 1C has been open about that. ED has been burnt too in the past. Go figure... ;)

Yea this is also true...finding way too many experts..that think they know whats best..as for myself..I can honestly tell you my knowledge is well below..novice...in another words..a new born puppy...in technicals issue's on sim's and the real Aircraft..but learning..and frustrating..both trying to find out how it works..and the know it all's...:music_whistling:

And its the know it all's that think they know more than the developers/actual pilots...most are just like me.." Arm Chair Warriers.."

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

Remember this. Nothing can guaranty that next second you still will be alive, so you can plan whatever you wish, only "now and here" matters. :smilewink:

that is true, but like any decent add i reserve the right for sudden expiration or any missprint.

I learned to live my life, enjoy every moment bas aswell as good and try not to piss off too many in the process.

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM