DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

Real men judge RPM by sound. ;)

Pffft, tow-pilots... :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok...........I have to ask:) Any chance of an Open Beta for The Pony ala A-10C?:D

Really looking forward to The Mustang

Thank You

That would be good..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I have just sent the last 2 hours reading every post within this thread, interesting reading, from a personal perspective I am not interested in the P51 whatsoever, however are there any possible options?

[TABLE]

Option 1: Support the Sims even if you dont like the aircraft.

Purchase the addon even if you dont want to fly it to show support for DCS.

Option 2: Donatation

Double the price of the new Jet Sim thereby funding DCS which could possibly allow for additional development and quicker return. release to community at Beta stage as happend with A10 to inject cash into the business now.

[/TABLE]

From a personal perspective the price to enjoyment value I have recieved from the sim is money well spent, hell its worth double what we pay or even tripple.

I personally would rather donate the price of the game so to allow all focus to be placed into the F18 or Apache Longbow or something like that.

I will purchase it just to show my support for the many hours of fun I have had throughout the DCS series, even though it will just sit in the drawn and gather dust.

Keep up the good work ED.

Jinx

First off, no offense to you, Jinx, personally, but I think this post summarizes an essential point as to why some people take this announcement so personally. They have this idea that they are "supporting" this "poor" company financially "so that" they may continue developing the games they like. Even though most of the us, the trusty fans, do not donate to ED, some of us seem to falsely believe that we have "invested" our hard earned money into the company and that this earns us the right to take part in any decisions. It is just mentally destructive, to say the least.

I just think it is wrong, ED is not some indie game developer down the street from your house, they are a joint stock company registered on the market with over four dozen emplyees, not to even mention The Fighter Collection. They produce and sell products, products which you can choose to buy from them at a price if you so desire.

Kuky also proves my point in his post, the post below, which is obviously a reflection of the above. No offense to you, Kuky.

I will buy this DCS P-51D IF you announce right now what the next DCS Fixed Wing JET Fighter will be and estimate (rough) timeline of release!

I and you (ED) have to see this as Investor/Shares scenario where by I the investor will buy this DCS Mustang module in which I am not interested at all, only because I wish to support further development, but to next actually gime something I want... a Jet Fighter of any kind with Afterburners and guided missiles or any kind... that I would pay for but where's the "guarantee" that such thing will happen any time soon? You (ED) migth as well say your next DCS priject will be another DCS Flying Legends aircaft... correct? As after all now everything really is subject to change and there is no guarante ever that no matter how high your (ED) intentions are to give us a DCS Fighter you can always change your plans and intentions... which would leave me with bad "investment"... see my point?

ED would like us to support you... and I have so far... but then I feel we need to be suported also. We've been hoping for something in DCS standard with afterburners for years (I've been active here since 2005... that's 7 years now) and if ED continues to go sideways from this this is not a good sign.

Nice plane on that gun...

OS764 P930@4 MBUD3R M6GB G5870 SSDX25 CAntec1200 HTMHW

I kind of like how Rof is doing it,want new planes? pay a few bucks for them to be added to your game..At least you would have the option instead of buying boxed sets over and over.

+1 :thumbup:

I totally agree ED should have re-worked the engine to make add-on modules work a lot easier. Might have been possible to do with only 2 planes (BS + A-10C) or a lot easier at least. But after P-51D and US Fixed Wing Fighter, we might as well forget that possibility.

As far as the P-51D choice, I think it's awesome. The more variety the better :)

EDIT: Also if ED really wants to broaden their customer base, making these modules more user-friendly wouldn't be a bad start also. It really is a pain patching different games, uninstalling them, re-installing them, downloading different torrents.

Have ONE engine. Add-on aircraft. DONE. Money well spent IMO.

Intel i5-2500k @ 4.4GHz w/ H70 liquid cooler, ASRock PRO3-M Z68 Mobo, 32G 1600Mhz Mushkin RAM, EVGA GTX970 4GB , OCZ Agility 3 128g SSD, SanDisk 240g SSD, Win7 64-bit

--Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/livingfood --

No, just... pilots. :D Although I'd like to tow sometime, looks fun.

Depends on who you tow. :P

(And incidentally, the best tow pilots are generally glider pilots with a PPL, since they'll be better placed at doing the job efficiently while still making things easy for the guy without an engine. :) )

Though in all honesty, yes, agreed. :)

(And speaking as a glider pilot, it's funny how happy you can feel when flying close trail in sim. It's suddenly SO familiar. Now with the opportunity to fly close trail on a prop - even better! :D )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Respecting the terrain, of course if ED want to expand the DCS universe the only way is to have a big dedicated team. I'll support the idea of buying expansion theatres. The work to create some congruent digital terrain model and populate them with good textures and objects is work intensive. And add the cost of the data that isn't public available.

104th Cobra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're blind to the facts then I can't fault you. But if you just can't handle the facts, then I guess I can't fault you for burying your head in the sand like an ostrich though that is the kind of thinking that causes the problems in the first place, no offence.

You don't have the facts and neither do I, that was my point there good times fun man. You're reputation proceeds you and no worries, no offense taken, thanks for the consideration.:pilotfly:

Although I still have mixed feeling about the announcement I do see the potential with this aircraft and other legends. Can you imagine WII era with DCS quality and attention to detail? When I say era I mean terrain, units, capabilities, etc. from that time. What about another potential legend, the F-4 Phantom again with DCS quality during the Vietnam era and don't forget the aircraft from the Korean conflict. Tapping into all of these era's with DCS quality would be so enjoyable. If this is a possible road map for DCS then I am all for it!! Good luck ED you will always have a customer in me. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Where's the bit about parallel development of a modern aircraft sim for 2012? Was there another announcement, if so where? I know FC3 has been mentioned in an earlier statement, but nothing here. So no need to get sniffy and start patronising people.

Don't be surprised by the cynicism among DCS customers who thought ED was busy developing a range of compatible modern aircraft to further expand the DCS universe. There's nothing wrong with radically and suddenly changing direction, it's their prerogative, but the above statement that P51 will be online compatible with A10c and Black Shark only adds to the confusion - clearly they are not designed to be part of the same universe.

A better statement might be to explain that the P51 module includes other non-flyable WW2 aircraft and suitable maps (if indeed it does) for stand-alone playability. If this is not the case, then this should be explained too. In short, it's a rather confusing/unclear announcement from an otherwise fantastic company, hence the hullaballoo.

Learn English. It's more than a language; it's a life skill :thumbup:

One las thing regarding where people got parallel development from;

Roadmap post made a few months ago...note number 5:

In the coming months we plan to release several new projects. While we wish to have open communications with our customers and let them know of our planned projects, please understand that plans often change due to unforeseen circumstances. The below list is a road map of our intentions and not a promise of things to come. As each product nears completion and feature lists are finalized, more details will be provided.

1- Combined Arms. This $19.99 add-on will allow A-10C, Black Shark 2, and Flaming Cliffs 3 owner to act as ground force commanders as the mission is running. Users can direct ground units, set fire missions for artillery/multiple rocket launchers, and take the role of a Joint Terminal Air Controller (JTAC). As the JTAC, players will have night vision goggles, IR pointer, laser designator, and Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR). Several other new items are still being considered. Combined Arms will work in both single player and multiplayer missions.

2- Flaming Cliffs 3. This will be a paid-for update to the Flaming Cliffs series and brings it to the same world, mission editor, AI, units, etc. as A-10C and Black Shark 2. We plan to include several upgrades to the aircraft, a resource management system, and several other new features. This will also make Flaming Cliffs online compatible with A-10C and Black Shark 2. Pricing will depend on what new features are included.

3- Nevada map. This will be a $19.99 add-on that will be compatible with A-10C, Black Shark 2, and FC3. Users that purchased the A-10C beta will get this map for free.

4- The first "DCS Flying Legends" aircraft will be released in the first half of 2012.

5- The next US fixed wing jet DCS aircraft is being worked on in parallel.

:smartass:

It isn't necessarily exclusive to TFC aircraft, as far as I know. It just so happens that owning the Aircraft is a big big bonus when attempting to model it.

Nate

Sounds like it is possible to see the beloved F-4 Phantom and the F-86 Sabre down the sometime. Love it!!!!

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

(And incidentally, the best tow pilots are generally glider pilots with a PPL, since they'll be better placed at doing the job efficiently while still making things easy for the guy without an engine. :) )

(And speaking as a glider pilot, it's funny how happy you can feel when flying close trail in sim. It's suddenly SO familiar. Now with the opportunity to fly close trail on a prop - even better! :D )

Nearly finished my glider rating some years ago. I'd like to go back and tack it on sometime. (I miss that kind of flying, very liberating, especially good on a good thermalling day!)

I was referring to sound generally referring to power setting in powered aircraft, although one can take some airspeed cues in the upper tach limits with fixed-pitch props. Once you've spent some time flying constant-speed props, it becomes pretty annoying switching back and forth.

I look forward to enjoying the art of "tuning" the Mustang engine for every bit of power, so I do hope Yo-Yo and the gang shoot for ultimate realism. You can bet this is one aircraft where the picky people will crawl out of the woodwork to complain. I'm confident they're already well on their way.

Sometimes the reverse is also true. I remember this one old grumudgeon who would swing his slooow Schweitzer violently to the side of the box in attempt to steer me, his tow pilot, where he wished to go. He, one, had no concept of how on the edge of control I was in that Maule with a notch of flaps trying to drag his glider around at his desired tow speed of 55 knots. And, two, he had little appreciation that his tow pilot has the gentleness of touch to understand more subtle hints that he desires a turn. This guy just assumed (and said as much) that anyone who flies with a throttle appreciates only brute force.

...I really miss that Maule.

First off, no offense to you, Jinx, personally, but I think this post summarizes an essential point as to why some people take this announcement so personally. They have this idea that they are "supporting" this "poor" company financially "so that" they may continue developing the games they like. Even though most of the us, the trusty fans, do not donate to ED, some of us seem to falsely believe that we have "invested" our hard earned money into the company and that this earns us the right to take part in any decisions. It is just mentally destructive, to say the least.

I just think it is wrong, ED is not some indie game developer down the street from your house, they are a joint stock company registered on the market with over four dozen emplyees, not to even mention The Fighter Collection. They produce and sell products, products which you can choose to buy from them at a price if you so desire.

Kuky also proves my point in his post, the post below, which is obviously a reflection of the above. No offense to you, Kuky.

No offence taken, I have to agree that ED will not go bancrupt if I chose no longer to buy its products, but if many people voice their concerns about where ED is heading I think it would be good for ED to take this into consideration because if it's fan base is not satisfied with what they are doing they will lose on that fan base.

So far ED have had an upper hand with modern combat scenario becase let's face it, there aren't any titles in same genre... there is only F4 (now BMS) and that's it but BMS still lacks in lot of things but no need to go there now.

If ED wants to crack into civilian market they can surely try and in that succeed but that will require much more than 1-2 aircraft even if it's in DCS standard as people that like civilian flight simulators don't care if it's weapons are modeled right or not and I am sure even the flight model doesn't have to be 100% for them to like it, but they will want more of the FSX style content... lot more aircraft and world to fly in and enjoy the scenery. I think this will take many more years of development and since everyone keeps saying how ED team is really small compared to others, this has to take long long time... even with 1 new a/c per year (and we all know this is not likely to happen) I'll get old before DCS becomes more or as popular as FSX... I think that just won't happen.

Reason why I mentioned "investment" into ED is purely because right now that's exactly how I feel if I was to buy DCS P-51D. I know I won't fly it and only reason I would buy it is so that I help in sales and ED keeps getting income, I think this is very fair thinking on my part and I don't see anything wrong with it and I am sure there are quite a few others thinking the same.

This is however not to diss ED at all, just to express realistic way of thinking by me and many others. If ED wan't so crack into civ flight sim market, well by some logic if you take on one job you will have to drop another it's that simple. Everyone will say ED don't earn much money from this, and again I'm not going to ask if that's true or not, it's not my business (it's their business - pun intended :D) but I will see this as my wish to buy DCS P-51D will NOT help fullfil my dream... so I feel repeled by the idea of ED now making WWII aircraft. I don't know what is that so bad if I say it like that?

Just one aircraft is not enough even in DCS standard... not for combat scenario anyway and I think this is where ED is at and wants to be? Even with 2 aircaft of same type it's still quite boring for long term.... people want to fight online with each other, and I am sure if fan base of FSX would like that they would not be flying FSX... they would be flying FC/FC2/DCS right?

I just think you can't mix civ and military it just doesn't go together and I believe ED has more chance to shine in military market and modern combat aircraft.

In the end it doesn't matter what I think, I am just one... ED will still chose to go their way... only when they chose to go the other way than what we would like then no need to keep saying to those that say they won't buy this product, to still buy it so they can support the developer so the developer can keep on making new things... why support someone (company goes in this category too) when what you want is less and less likely to be delivered. I can't wait 10 years till I have decent fighter... I mean I can if I have no choice and there's nothing else... :noexpression:

... you know... never mind... there's no point talking about this, ED will do what they want to do :pilotfly:

No longer active in DCS...

Just a reminder to take note of #4 & #5 from Wags post in the "Future Projects Road Map" :doh:

Future Projects Road Map

In the coming months we plan to release several new projects. While we wish to have open communications with our customers and let them know of our planned projects, please understand that plans often change due to unforeseen circumstances. The below list is a road map of our intentions and not a promise of things to come. As each product nears completion and feature lists are finalized, more details will be provided.

1- Combined Arms. This $19.99 add-on will allow A-10C, Black Shark 2, and Flaming Cliffs 3 owner to act as ground force commanders as the mission is running. Users can direct ground units, set fire missions for artillery/multiple rocket launchers, and take the role of a Joint Terminal Air Controller (JTAC). As the JTAC, players will have night vision goggles, IR pointer, laser designator, and Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR). Several other new items are still being considered. Combined Arms will work in both single player and multiplayer missions.

2- Flaming Cliffs 3. This will be a paid-for update to the Flaming Cliffs series and brings it to the same world, mission editor, AI, units, etc. as A-10C and Black Shark 2. We plan to include several upgrades to the aircraft, a resource management system, and several other new features. This will also make Flaming Cliffs online compatible with A-10C and Black Shark 2. Pricing will depend on what new features are included.

3- Nevada map. This will be a $19.99 add-on that will be compatible with A-10C, Black Shark 2, and FC3. Users that purchased the A-10C beta will get this map for free.

4- The first "DCS Flying Legends" aircraft will be released in the first half of 2012.

5- The next US fixed wing jet DCS aircraft is being worked on in parallel.

For Combined Arms and the Nevada map, a single purchase will allow these add-ons to work with A-10C 1.1.1.0, Black Shark 2, and FC3.

More information, visit: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com

Asus P6T, i7 975 @ 3.33, 6 GB DDR3, GTX295 (both GPU enabled), Win7 64, and HOTAS Warthog / CH Pro Throttle.

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Support Ticket: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=57943

http://fighter-collection.com/pages/...tion/index.php

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]