DCS: P-51D Mustang Coming in 2012

Wags

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want support ED for more Prop planes ? then less modern jets.

Let's not start an argument ;)

It's been said before and I'll repeat it for you: Work is being attended to in parallel.

And yeah - more support, more planes. Less support, less planes......It's up to you.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Nor did Nate state it was. It's a modern environment.

I think you didn't understand.

I mean "If FSX was a modern combat sim" you will not see prop planes.

Prop planes have their place in a modern envirronment but not in a modern combat sim

I think you didn't understand.

I mean "If FSX was a modern combat sim" you will not see prop planes.

Prop planes have their place in a modern envirronment but not in a modern combat sim

They have a place where there is a market for them to be sold.

Nate

I must say that I I'm not overjoyed about this. However the P51 was a good fighter and I have respect for it along with the men who flew them. I am sure ED will make good on it as they always do. I wont be in a rush to purchase it, but as I like to fly, I would say that I might consider buying it. Overall I will support ED in hope that the next fix wing will be a modern jet with the special ED touch.

Stay Sharp.

Let's not start an argument ;)

It's been said before and I'll repeat it for you: Work is being attended to in parallel.

And yeah - more support, more planes. Less support, less planes......It's up to you.

There is a difference between what is said, and the reality.

The reality is, time and ressource for prop plane is less time and ressource for modern jets.

Simple logic

Oh my God, so many people can't see beyond their jet's canopy here? Maybe they are too busy heads-down fiddling with the HSI and TGP :D

But I think 90% of these people didn't read the thread or even the first post at all - just the thread title.

Props to ED, you have one more buy from me sure enough. Should be fun to fly.

Oh my God, so many people can't see beyond their jet's canopy here? Maybe they are too busy heads-down fiddling with the HSI and TGP :D

But I think 90% of these people didn't read the thread or even the first post at all - just the thread title.

Props to ED, you have one more buy from me sure enough. Should be fun to fly.

Your right. can anyone remember when ED did Helicopters? :D

Not with DCS-level of simulation.

What WWII sim, it's one aircraft. No enemy.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

@sylkhan

ED is a company, and it's goal is to generate revenue. If there is a reasonable market for ED to claim, they have to.

There is a lot of ww2 fans out there, ready to be taken by ED. Hell, if people use a civ modern era sim to fly these beauties, then some of them will surely try the ED's mustang, some of them will then buy other EDs product -because they will notice the lvl of fidelity present on EDs product. More customers for ED is beneficial also for people who want only jet planes.

Why ED can work on the mustang and a modern jet fighter in paraller? Because the team is most likely not fully saturated when working on a modern jet fighter - i.e. the avionics modeling will take a hell of a more time then the external model. So you need something for those people to work on, or you'll be wasting resource (you still have to pay them salary, even if they are not really producing anything) and you cannot assign a 3D artist or texture artist to avionics modelling...

You can assign them on other project, the mustang doesn't require much avionics modelling, so the avionics guys can work on the jet fighter and 3D modelers have something to work on (mustang model), something that will provide revenue.

"You have to spread some Reputation around before giving it to winz again." :(

While nothing is ever simple in this kind of thing, I believe the man is on the right track in his thinking. If people pay top dollar for warbirds in FSX, imagine how thrilled they'll be at a DCS-level simulation of a warbird? I'll tell you this: if your interest is in the flying bit, and you though IL-2 CloD was a good representation of warbirds... Think again. This is the first time I can really see what my old instructor meant when he talked about flying the P-51, and I've tried a lot of WW2 sims. (Indeed, ww2 sims is where I used to be firmly entrenched until FC1 came around.)

Doing effective work spread for your development resources is obviously also very important, and while I can't commend on the specifics of ED's deal there (I have incomplete information and wouldn't be at liberty anyhow), consider how iD Software began work on Doom 4 before (indeed, well before) Rage was completed... ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

....the fans is DCS won't think further than anything that was officialy announced. Everything is subject to change.

All the more reason to think carefully before moaning ad nauseum :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I try so hard what? People can think whatever they like, if they don't want to listen, it isn't my problem :)

GGTharos, you try so hard yet no one will listen. But you of all people should know that the fans is DCS won't think further than anything that was officialy announced. Everything is subject to change.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

@winz

I like your post but I disagree.

To make it short with my crappy english, i will say

"By trying too many things at once, you risk not getting any"

It's called multi tasking.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45