Handy docs in Kindle format

spikenet

I've just started to learn A10 now after spending lots of time on BS. As a nice chrissy present I got a Kindle so thought its time to format some useful docs in ebook format.

8 files including following subjects: (kindle.rar)

• Aerodromes
  • Checklists
  • 9 line brief
  • RWR threats
  • Ordnance
  • Brevity codes
  • glossary
  • HOTAS commands

Source Credit given where I could find the source of any info I took from elsewhere.

PDF's (usually look ok in landscape mode):

A10C cropped Manuals

If you want PDF's on the kindle I suggest using BRISS to crop them, fantastic open source tool!

edit: updated checklists to 1.1. Better formatting and added links to panel images at beginning of each section.

kindle.rar

cookie - 25th VFS Checklists v1.1.rar

Edited by spikenet
added link to briss
  • Like 1

as an aside... i love my kindle and simply view these docs as pdf on it but this will be much easier!

Check out www.ebookr.com for a source of kindle books. $15 a month with no commitment and unlimited free downloads... i got most of my flight biography library this way. I just downloaded Stuka Pilot and a few others this morning.

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

as an aside... i love my kindle and simply view these docs as pdf on it but this will be much easier!

Check out www.ebookr.com for a source of kindle books. $15 a month with no commitment and unlimited free downloads... i got most of my flight biography library this way. I just downloaded Stuka Pilot and a few others this morning.

pdf's are just to clumsy on the kindle, hope you find these docs more user-friendly!

I had a look at ebookr after your comment, pretty disappointing, searched 5 books I have in my amazon wishlist, none showed up including Robin Olds classic. Maybe we can start a share thread for classic novels or reference books?

Personally, I would suggest the operations parts of the manual...

I love the history and general design sections, but I can peruse those full screen when I'm not flying.

How about from Stores (from pg. 56) through Supplements (through pg. 666)?

And I do like the idea of having a separate document for each section!

*Pending ED approval, of course! ;)

Edited by Diemos

Glad you find them useful. I'm not going to convert anymore of the manual. Its to time intensive and the cropped PDF is good enough.

Creating a kindle book is dead easy with the orginal doc format, doing it from a PDF is not easy at all. Lets hope DCS either release a kindle friendly version or the doc file itself so the community can do it.

cheers!

Glad you find them useful. I'm not going to convert anymore of the manual. Its to time intensive and the cropped PDF is good enough.

Creating a kindle book is dead easy with the orginal doc format, doing it from a PDF is not easy at all. Lets hope DCS either release a kindle friendly version or the doc file itself so the community can do it.

cheers!

Can I ask where you found the information for converting PDF to Kindle? I'd be interested to find out if I might be willing to give it a shot... No promises, of course!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, kindle uses mobi format which is a very basic version of HTML.

Calibre works well at most conversions.

I use word and just setup my headings for title, chapters etc. Works well but doing a whole book from PDF is alot of work. It is really simple to do from the original document files.

Would the complete manual be to cheecky to ask for. :)

Nick

The A10 manual works absolutely fine on the Kindle. Just drag and drop without conversion. It may not work well with all PDF's, but this one was fine for me. If it wasn't, I'd still be unable to fly.

The A10 manual works absolutely fine on the Kindle. Just drag and drop without conversion. It may not work well with all PDF's, but this one was fine for me. If it wasn't, I'd still be unable to fly.

Hi, yes I agree.

Its even better when you crop it using BRISS.

I have a bunch of short "how to's" I might release at some point. ie: bullseye offset, using markpoints as SPI's, SADL guide. All little technical doc's that I found I needed the deeper I dove into the sim!

cheers

• 5 months later...