How to stop this CHEAT - HACKED DEDI SERVER

Falcon_S

...Now if a lot of people started asking for refunds that might move things in the right direction .....

Nope. In case you did not read <LockOnInstallDir>/license.txt, I'll put it straight: you do not have any right to ask for refund, even if the software does not work at all. On the other side, this is quite common for majority of all softwares. Actually, software is the only product (or service, depends how we look at it) where customer does not get any warranty, and is actually buying "cat in a bag"...

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it before and it looks like it is only way for FC to live. If 104th are closed server, everybody will do the same cos they are paying money for thing that are not in use so it is pointlles to have it. Only solution is like i said ED servers, with payment for playing on it and 24/7 admins to serve them and players, if things keep it up workig in this unusual way.

Guys calm down, ED can't afford to keep these issues unresolved. It's threatening the whole MP market. If FC2 servers can be attacked then same will be for any ED's title MP server coming up in the future if nothing is done so far.

FC2 is relatively old but BS2 is not, so they will have to come up with something real soon IMO.

The only option right know would be to restrict all connections by default and allow only registered and verified IP's which should be static, but in this case people with dynamic IP's would suffer.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Guys calm down, ED can't afford to keep these issues unresolved. It's threatening the whole MP market. If FC2 servers can be attacked then same will be for any ED's title MP server coming up in the future if nothing is done so far.

FC2 is relatively old but BS2 is not, so they will have to come up with something real soon IMO.

The only option right know would be to restrict all connections by default and allow only registered and verified IP's which should be static, but in this case people with dynamic IP's would suffer.

Good point on static IP`s, it can be done at any ISP with an extra euros, and i think that those with 5,8 ghz wirelles already have static and some of cable ISP`s. We all can see at our ISP is it woth to do it and then vote for it. Cheers.

Good point on static IP`s, it can be done at any ISP with an extra euros, and i think that those with 5,8 ghz wirelles already have static and some of cable ISP`s. We all can see at our ISP is it woth to do it and then vote for it. Cheers.

+1. few extra euros to get a static IP doesn't look like a hard thing to do. It would save everybody loads of headache.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

@Boberro

Mate, don`t call anbody mentally ill, maybe that kind of comunications came to this situation, like i said, maybe is problem in us like Boberro called him mentaly ill person, and what he will feel now, i was talking about that problems, if you don`t understand that, then i don`t know who is here retarded which is also not nice to call someone.

If this guy has some mentally issue, he definitly is not mentally ill, that`s for sure. I would say he is close to Genius, he is doing this for month or two and you can do sht about it, i really wouldn`t call him with that names, i would nicely ask him to stop doing this and tell us what is wrong with the game and what he thinks about it? Does he thinks itneed to be something changed, and this is for me better comunication with him, cos maybe he got some nice ideas, i mean look what is he doing to the whole comunity. And for those who lough to my posts, they are reason why this comunity is spending days like this day in last few months.

You are the smartest guys in whole planet, cheers Masters of the universe:megalol:

o0?

Calling a guy who brings down a handful of servers that has no protection

with a generic script a genius?! Talk about lowering the bar for Mensa...

...I'm calling troll-alert.

• Like 1

Our server is being continuously attacked recently. I don't know how much more we can go.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I said it before and it looks like it is only way for FC to live. If 104th are closed server, everybody will do the same cos they are paying money for thing that are not in use so it is pointlles to have it. Only solution is like i said ED servers, with payment for playing on it and 24/7 admins to serve them and players, if things keep it up workig in this unusual way.

This is what has happened to Battlefield 3. It is an awful solution IMHO. The BF3 world is pretty sterile compared to the vibrancy of ED's products. This also wouldn't stop some kinds of attack (DOS, DDOS).

The fix for this particular attack should be simple. No client can connect more than some times (eg. 3) from the same IP at once. No client can provide Lua that can run on the server. In short, the game clients can never be trusted. This does not mean that game servers need to be centralized (which would give horrific ping, and crappy reliability), just that they need to be secure (again: never trusting the client connecting to them).

The real fun for the "hacker", isn't in exploiting the loophole... it is in the chaos caused by it's antics in these here forums - in the division, the chinese whispers/ guessing games, knee jerks reactions, etc

*edit: Making it the centre of attention is what it revels in... removing its oxygen by stopping any further reference to him/ her will take that revelling away from it.

Edited by Wolf Rider
an afterthought
  • Like 1

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

The real fun for the "hacker", isn't in exploiting the loophole... it is in the chaos caused by it's antics in these here forums - in the division, the chinese whispers/ guessing games, knee jerks reactions, etc

Actually, the real fun the lame script kiddy gets is thinking he's smarter than the rest of us. He's not. If we actually gave a damn we'd write programs to capture his signature and proxy our servers with that. But most of us don't give a damn anymore so we are not doing all in our power to stop him. Otherwise he'd shortly be getting a visit from the police (his attacks will last a short time until ED patch their software, but the recordings of his 'fingerprints' will be around for a lot longer than that).

It is a shame such maladjusted folks are about. I guess he doesn't fit in anywhere so scripting is what he does. He won't be smart enough to actually *create* anything worthwhile (which takes much more skill than some simple hacks). This is why it takes teams of skilled engineers to make something useful, and only one lonely lamer to do some basic hacks - the latter is the much, much simpler task. The problem with this turkey is that he's so dumb he thinks his little scripts are so l33t, when in fact they're so basic most of the capable devs see how easy it is and quickly move on to far more interesting things. Only n00bs still fresh-of-the-boat think such things are cool. Note though that just because the attacking scripts are elementary stuff doesn't mean it just as easy to defend against - the Internet just isn't built in a way to make it easy for the defender.

Edited by Moa

Great. Just keep talking about "script kiddies" and "noobs", if you want to provoke him for even more actions, and he kicks the last few servers out of net...

:-(

script kiddy one more time........dont feel like a hostage from a kid like he is....the problem will gets solved....

Think of it this way, now you have time to go play other games :D. until FC3 comes out and you can jump back in the water.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

So, i`m assuming that if you close your server and make the password available on Teamspeak, that this scripting hack cannot go on??

No, passwording the server does not help. The hacker only has to send a specific packet to the right IP and port, and regardless if the server is passworded, it will crash.

• Like 2

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Great. Just keep talking about "script kiddies" and "noobs", if you want to provoke him for even more actions, and he kicks the last few servers out of net...

:-(

Don't be chicken... ;]

• Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I think many of the comments here , though well intentioned, are very nieve!

This 'problem' rest squarely at the feet of the developer, ED.

Regardless of who and what and why the servers are being attacked, its Eagle Dynamics responsibility to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Something, that for several possible reasons they seem reluctant to do. ?

Since ED has failed to make a formal statement on the issue anything else about what they intend to do is pure speculation and has no value.

At this moment we can assume that nothing is going to be done.

I for one, a loyal supporter since the first Flanker series ... have come to the point where ED's attitude towards it customer base is so disappointing that I will soon move on to something else... much against my wishes.

ED needs to wake up to its customer responsibilities ... loyalty is a two way thing!

No doubt soon all the PC review and gamer sites will get wind of this issue .... then what!

ED get off your high horse and resolve this now or face a real damaging downgrade in buyer confidence!

Respectfully

RP

• Like 2

I don't believe he's reading the forum :-)

Believe it or not, but he already wrote a few replies here, to this topic, one even with link on youtube-video. I suppose it was removed since then and maybe his account here locked, but I'm pretty sure he is reading this...

I too see all of this as an attack on Eagle Dynamics. Dedicated server application is long overdue. And it is just getting more and more difficult to host this game.

• Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Something, that for several possible reasons they seem reluctant to do. ?

Since ED has failed to make a formal statement on the issue anything else about what they intend to do is pure speculation and has no value.

I suppose you missed the post where a representative of ED acknowledged the issue by stating the following in this very thread:

We are working on increased traffic security for online play.....

You need to be careful before insinuating matters for which you have no substantiation ;)

ED needs to wake up to its customer responsibilities ... loyalty is a two way thing!

No doubt soon all the PC review and gamer sites will get wind of this issue .... then what!

ED get off your high horse and resolve this now or face a real damaging downgrade in buyer confidence!

On the contrary, you need to get off your 'high horse' and realise that adding the word 'respectfully' after your post does not necessarily render the post delivered in a respectful tone. In future, take a moment before hitting the reply tab.

At this moment we can assume that nothing is going to be done.

Trust me, the best thing you can do for yourself right now is to stop assuming.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I suppose blah blah blah bla ........

thing you can do for yourself right now is to stop assuming.

1. Acknowledging something and responding are two entirely different things.

2. I am very aware of the legal position of my comments and there is nothing in them which requires caution ... speculation and insinuation are not the same and anyone who really understood criminal law would know that...

3. My respect is for the platform in which I'm making a comment, this forum.

Clearly I'm not respectful of ED who continually disrespects his customers.

4. Trust you ! Why!, what have you done to deserve my trust... are you the spokesperson for ED ? Official? If not, in what official capacity am I to trust you?

Your comments are noted .......... so what?

• Like 2