How to stop this CHEAT - HACKED DEDI SERVER

Falcon_S

Is there anyway we can ban all proxy connections?

after Googling that : http://perishablepress.com/press/2008/04/20/how-to-block-proxy-servers-via-htaccess/

A better way to block proxy servers

Rather than attempt to block proxy servers by who they are (i.e., via their specified domain identity), it is far more expedient and effective to block proxy servers by what they do. By simply blacklisting the various HTTP protocols employed by proxy servers, it is possible to block virtually all proxy connections. Here is the code that I use for stopping 99% of the proxies that attempt to access certain sites:

# block proxy servers from site access

# http://perishablepress.com/press/2008/04/20/how-to-block-proxy-servers-via-htaccess/  RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP:VIA}                 !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:FORWARDED}           !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:USERAGENT_VIA}       !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:X_FORWARDED_FOR}     !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:PROXY_CONNECTION}    !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:XPROXY_CONNECTION}   !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTP_PC_REMOTE_ADDR} !^$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP:HTTP_CLIENT_IP}      !^$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [F]

To use this code, copy & paste into your site’s root htaccess file. Upload to your server, and test it’s effectiveness via the proxy service(s) of your choice. It may not be perfect, but compared to blacklisting a million proxy domains, it’s lightweight, concise, and very effective ;)

Edited by FLANKERATOR

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may not be perfect, but compared to blacklisting a million proxy domains, it’s lightweight, concise, and very effective ;)
and only works for HTTP requests, not ordinary TCP and UDP network packets...

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

He doesn't read anything manually he doesn't need to. In FC2 all the values in memory aren't encrypted so all he has to do is find where the user id is held in memory and edit the data in the packet before it's sent to the presentation layer.

Because FC2's packets are encrypted you can't filter them either. Unless you really know what your doing you're not going to stop it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You guys want ED to do something about it and soon and by "soon" I don't mean standard "2 weeks"?

I suggest EVERYONE simply stops hosting and playing FC2 MP... when ED sees no one plays their sim any more they should wake up... I hope... I've stopped flying FC2 for few months already and don't have any more interest in its bugs and now this hack attacks just put a knife deeper.

I think it's time ED starts listening to their fans and not wait for who knows how long to release FC3 in order to address this... this really needs a hotfix / patch and I mean ASAP. If they know how they can stop this then they better get off their ass and do the right thing with their supporters and fans... waiting months doesn't do them or us any good... just my 2c

• Like 1

No longer active in DCS...

You guys want ED to do something about it and soon and by "soon" I don't mean standard "2 weeks"?

I suggest EVERYONE simply stops hosting and playing FC2 MP... when ED sees no one plays their sim any more they should wake up... I hope... I've stopped flying FC2 for few months already and don't have any more interest in its bugs and now this hack attacks just put a knife deeper.

I think it's time ED starts listening to their fans and not wait for who knows how long to release FC3 in order to address this... this really needs a hotfix / patch and I mean ASAP. If they know how they can stop this then they better get off their ass and do the right thing with their supporters and fans... waiting months doesn't do them or us any good... just my 2c

couldn't agree more! and I dont even fly FC2 anymore, only A-10C and BS2.

fact is, if ED forums is supposed to be a 'formal support arm' of ED, then they better get a grip and start supporting. Fact is, they don't.

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

...fact is, if ED forums is supposed to be a 'formal support arm' of ED, then they better get a grip and start supporting. Fact is, they don't.

Why don't you quit speculating on matters you know very little about. Fact is, the matter is being attended to by the powers-that-be. Not quick enough for you? Have a bit of patience ;)

In regards to the Forums being the formal support arm of ED - wrong again. Have regard to the following announcement:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=981404#post981404

As an aside, members will do good to keep in mind the tone of their posts when rendering an opinion. Keep it civil, respectful and courteous, alternatively take it someplace else. Think carefully before callously throwing insinuations/allegations about without corroboration.

Ta

Edited by 159th_Viper

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Viper, could you be more specific?

The only thing we've heard from ED is that FC2/BS1 will NOT get a hotfix/patch. The issue is suppose to be fixed in FC3, which is still months away I presume :(

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1388105&postcount=166

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1388157&postcount=170

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

...Fact is, the matter is being attended to by the powers-that-be. Not quick enough for you? Have a bit of patience ;)

With all do respect, let me add a few points:

1. this hack (at least the one with AI-respawning) is known for much longer than two weeks. How long exactly I do not know, but even if it were only two weeks, it is quite long time.

2. we are loyal long-time customers (I do believe at least most of us) who can not use product we payed for. We have full right to be impatient.

3. *If* this forum is not way of official support as you say, then I'm still waiting for ED's official statement concerning this problem. I checked DCS website, but did not find anything. Seems to me like playing dead fish...

We are working on increased traffic security for online play, but at the moment I can't say when, if at all, this might be available for FC2.

I understand it's a sensitive issue, which makes it all the more important that everyone take an extra second to consider the manner of your posts and avoid derailing the thread toward a closure or worse.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

And what about if the problem is in us, or those who run servers and kicking for nothing or some small mistake, maybe some server was pissed of a wrong dude and he now hiting back and we know that payback is bitch. I am not saying this is okay what he/they are doing but i think those admins needs to think about it when FC 3 bean relesed so this kinda stuff want happen again. The wars in history was started cos of stupid reason, maybe this is one the same, just think about it for the future, i got nothing against the server rules, but maybe some of them are not playble. I was last night play with "set up on server like arcade game," and it was fun lol, maybe that is the reason, sending us a message how it should be? Or does it?. If you ask me i don`t like this realistic set up, maybe hacker don`t like it either, but he was trying to say that and nobody was listen, maybe game need to be set up in the way that it looks like a game and not real hunter jet plane. That`s just a thought, cos god knows i am trying to understand his/their needs, Cheers, S!:huh:

P.S.Or maybe someone is trying to kill this sim to live another sim, why guy doing this, what he is doing???

And what about if the problem is in us, or those who run servers and kicking for nothing or some small mistake, maybe some server was pissed of a wrong dude and he now hiting back and we know that payback is bitch. I am not saying this is okay what he/they are doing but i think those admins needs to think about it when FC 3 bean relesed so this kinda stuff want happen again. The wars in history was started cos of stupid reason, maybe this is one the same, just think about it for the future, i got nothing against the server rules, but maybe some of them are not playble. I was last night play with "set up on server like arcade game," and it was fun lol, maybe that is the reason, sending us a message how it should be? Or does it?. If you ask me i don`t like this realistic set up, maybe hacker don`t like it either, but he was trying to say that and nobody was listen, maybe game need to be set up in the way that it looks like a game and not real hunter jet plane. That`s just a thought, cos god knows i am trying to understand his/their needs, Cheers, S!:huh:

P.S.Or maybe someone is trying to kill this sim to live another sim, why guy doing this, what he is doing???

Are you trying to say that the hacker might be doing this because he doesn't like realistic set up servers or that you don't ?

Do us all a favour and drop the pretentious yarn and try being constructive. :bored:

You can't please all the people all the time.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

what?

• Like 1

Exactly. The ball is at producer side and it is in its business to get it fixed soon as possible.

And what about if the problem is in us, or those who run servers and kicking for nothing or some small mistake, maybe some server was pissed of a wrong dude and he now

That his problem, not everyone on the server, especially not admin.

We don't need mentally ill persons.

I am not saying this is okay what he/they are doing but i think those admins needs to think about it when FC 3 bean relesed so this kinda stuff want happen again.
No, admin doesn't need to think about anything like that ;]

The wars in history was started cos of stupid reason, maybe this is one the same, just think about it for the future, i got nothing against the server rules, but maybe some of them are not playble.
That is the problem of joined people. Some rules can be stupid, like TS presence so if I don't like it I don't enter.

maybe that is the reason, sending us a message how it should be?
Nope.

Or does it?. If you ask me i don`t like this realistic set up,
You have right to not liking such settings. If so, don't enter :)

maybe hacker don`t like it either, but he was trying to say that and nobody was listen, maybe game need to be set up in the way that it looks like a game and not real hunter jet plane.
As I said we don't need mentally ill people around.

That`s just a thought, cos god knows i am trying to understand his/their needs, Cheers,
I don't care about his needsdesires and IMHO nobody should care about.

He is just little, poor & frustrated kid:D

Edited by Boberro
  • Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Very well said Kuky. I hope they will resolve the problem before FC3 release.

He is just little, poor & frustrated kid

Maybe he has no windows in his room and only internet cable available.

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

We are working on increased traffic security for online play, but at the moment I can't say when, if at all, this might be available for FC2.

Thanks for the information EB1.

If this can not be implemented in FC2, would ED be willing to explain to server admins how these attacks bring down a server? This may help us protect our servers.

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

wait until he grow a little mustache and makes speeches..

:huh:

He is just little, poor & frustrated kid:D

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Cool story, bro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Boberro

Mate, don`t call anbody mentally ill, maybe that kind of comunications came to this situation, like i said, maybe is problem in us like Boberro called him mentaly ill person, and what he will feel now, i was talking about that problems, if you don`t understand that, then i don`t know who is here retarded which is also not nice to call someone.

If this guy has some mentally issue, he definitly is not mentally ill, that`s for sure. I would say he is close to Genius, he is doing this for month or two and you can do sht about it, i really wouldn`t call him with that names, i would nicely ask him to stop doing this and tell us what is wrong with the game and what he thinks about it? Does he thinks itneed to be something changed, and this is for me better comunication with him, cos maybe he got some nice ideas, i mean look what is he doing to the whole comunity. And for those who lough to my posts, they are reason why this comunity is spending days like this day in last few months.

You are the smartest guys in whole planet, cheers Masters of the universe:megalol:

Gentlemen - Let's kindly keep this thread on topic.

Ta

I agree.

What would be the point in stopping hosting games ?

That is not going to motivate ED to do anything ....

Now if a lot of people started asking for refunds that might move things in

the right direction .....

If banks can’t refund the most basic arrangements then they suck at their products and their bonuses.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.