possibly update some of the airports

diveplane

That's can be nice but i'm not sure that we must have the same airport compare to the real live for several reason including Georgia security maybe...

Cause totally fictional country (or world) not will really change a lot of things...

But i agree some people want to see the perfect copy of the airport, personally i still neutral about that.

Important thing to change can maybe be the size of the runway, compare to real the runway in DCS are shorter for Batumi...

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

The dirt path is paved in the sim, probably to accommodate AI better.

Also the Bank of Georgia ATM is missing. Other than that, its close enough for me and I'd rather see some love brought to the old Lockon Airbases.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

That's can be nice but i'm not sure that we must have the same airport compare to the real live for several reason including Georgia security maybe...

Cause totally fictional country (or world) not will really change a lot of things...

But i agree some people want to see the perfect copy of the airport, personally i still neutral about that.

Important thing to change can maybe be the size of the runway, compare to real the runway in DCS are shorter for Batumi...

noones asking for perfection , but it would be nice , basic layout is wrong if u cant see that i cant help u.

eagle are doing a detailed base on nellis ..

Edited by diveplane

The dirt path is paved in the sim, probably to accommodate AI better.

Also the Bank of Georgia ATM is missing. Other than that, its close enough for me and I'd rather see some love brought to the old Lockon Airbases.

ah thats the possiblity i didnt think of grimes, added the concrete extra paved for ai movements

didnt think of that. yes i agree some of the older bases as well would be nice to see revamped.

but u spotted the slight differences on maps, cookie to u sir.

Edited by diveplane

• 2 months later...
notice some slight errors with some of the airfields, wishlist to alter some of them using google maps as a ref.
If you check the airports on Google maps you'll find that many of them are in a bad state, and some are (pretty much) gone. Check out Senaki and Kopitnari (named Kutaisi in DCS), they were bombed in 2008 ...

Moreover, the airports at Poti and Marneuli are missing altogether, which is a bit weird since the two airports very close to Kutaisi are included in DCS but appear to have been scrapped in real life ...

Edited by ALDEGA

• 1 year later...
If you check the airports on Google maps you'll find that many of them are in a bad state, and some are (pretty much) gone. Check out Senaki and Kopitnari (named Kutaisi in DCS), they were bombed in 2008 ...

Moreover, the airports at Poti and Marneuli are missing altogether, which is a bit weird since the two airports very close to Kutaisi are included in DCS but appear to have been scrapped in real life ...

+1 for Poti and Marneuli airport.