How to use Warthog Paddle switch as modifier in 1.1.1.1?

As I was told, in former releases you had just to press the ADD button in the modifier settings and then press the paddle switch.

This does not work in release 1.1.1.1.

If I select the Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog Joystick I will find an endless list of buttons to choose.

Which one is the Paddle Switch???

Thanks for help.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog :: Saitek Rudder :: Track IR5 ::

EVGA 3 GB GTX580 :: AMD FX-8120 :: SSD 240 GB :: Win7 Ultimate 64

Select the Warthog in the menu and press the paddle switch, no selection required. Otherwise it's should be indexed under BTN #4.

But in my taste, the paddle is hard to operate as modifier, i prefer the MIC switch press on the throttle as modifier...

Edited by PlainSight
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Select the Warthog in the menu and press the paddle switch, no selection required. Otherwise it's should be indexed under BTN #4.

You did not read me: just pressing did not work, nothing happens.

So I tried to manual set the button but there is no BTN #4. There appears now a very long list full of entries: JOY_BTN1, JOY_BTN10, JOY_BTN100, JOY_BTN101, ...

This is confusing: which button of this very long list of possibilities is now button #4??

I forgot to mention: no use of TARGET, and the latest Thrustmaster drivers are installed.

[edit] maybe this is a "new feature" of the new driver: I found out that I'm not able to set the mic button in TARS either. Pressing the mic switch will not get recognized by TARS. (I deselected all switches as I read somewhere)...

[edit2] my question is a repost of http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1361453&postcount=5

Edited by 33| 309th_Hedgehog

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hedgehog:

To set the paddle as a modifier

1.go to options screen. Select controls. Make sure aircraft A-10C sim is selected beside the Aircraft Label.

2. Click on modifiers tab left bottom of screen. A modifiers panel will open.

3. Click on Add box (its kind of greyed out but you can click it) a add modifiers screen opens.

4. Use the dropdown screen just under Device name to select joystick.

5. Using the jotstck, trigger (move) the paddle switch...Joy_Btn4 should appear . Press OK.

6. Joy_4BTN will now appear on the list of modifiers...

Hope this makes the proceedure clear.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Made this one for you:

LDkyk6BbGcU

Full link in case you need it:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

WHOW!

This is help: step by step explanation and video. Guys you are unbelievable!

I'm sure I did it this way, but I will try again next weekend when being back home.

Thank you so much.

Is it possible that for recognizing the paddle switch all other switches have to set to off (read this when people got problems with assigning a switch for TrackIR)? Maybe this is my problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No worries. :)

One thing to note is that it may not necessarily detect movement of the paddle when in that video, in this case you can manually select Joy_Btn4 in the drop-down list.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• 1 year later...

Finishing up my warthog setup and everything works ok, but I'd like to have the paddle to be configured so that I have to keep it pressed to work as a modifier. Now it works so that I press it and then the modifier stays on until I press it again.

Is it possible to get it to work as Left Control or Shift works with keyboard. I googled that with X52 you do some 'latched' setting in the config program. Do I need to do something in the TARGET to change the behavior?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...