Ancient Mayan artifacts found

diveplane

There's another case, forget his name, of a guy that has done some amazing things with large rocks - he's building a replica of Stonehenge using only stone age tools. No block and tackle, no wheels, no nothing. Yet he, alone, hoists stones weighing many many tonnes high up into the air, he transports said blocks across ground alone, and walking pace, etcetera etcetera...

...His methods are all extremely obvious once you see it in action, but very few of us would actually be placed with the problem "take this 10 tonne stone and hoist it 6 meters up into the air and then place it on top of those two standing stones" and actually succeed unless we got to use modern construction machinery. This dude has done it single-handedly. And if one dude can do it, imagine what can be done when you have some of the biggest empires of the ancient world put their best labor pretty much under the whip (though, in the case of Egypt the whole slaves-built-the-pyramids thing is pretty much a myth)...

To be honest, I'm surprised we don't have MORE of those impressive buildings scattered around the world. I know for sure what I'd do if I got a command economy and absolute power over a million or three hapless subjects with stone masonry skills, and it wouldn't be limited to just silly little pyramids. There'd probably be some way more graphic monuments scattered around just for the hell of it. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Yeah, probably. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

The ability to join and weld 16" thick steel plates is also a skill that has died off.

Thickest carbon steel I've welded was S420 grade steel 200mm/7.8 inches thick during the construction and mating of the the Gjøa rig. Because it was positional welding it had to be done manually with 1.2mm flux core pipewire. Needless to say it took a while but there were never any problems and it all went really smooth. Given an open horizontal weld I don't see why it would be a problem to weld 400mm steel with thick high output electrodes or an automatic welding machine, provided the engineers do their jobs to find a counter to the heat contraction of the steel.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Something funny I saw on the net today:

394425_268221709905981_228697947191691_770078_90560238_n.jpg

:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

• ED Team

In the video they talk of ships coming from the sun

has anyone seen this video of what appears to be a object parked behind Mercury that only shows its self when hit from the energy from the sun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42o-4dePLZ8

all very interesting stuff :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Repost (Posted by me in the funny things, a day before.)

I don't read that section. :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

In the video they talk of ships coming from the sun

has anyone seen this video of what appears to be a object parked behind Mercury that only shows its self when hit from the energy from the sun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42o-4dePLZ8

all very interesting stuff :)

Interesting as an exercise in astrophotography, yes. Interesting in any other way - no. As evidence of a spaceship - silly.

It's an artefact created by a lightmasking filter applied to allow the flare to be visible at all. What you are seeing next to mercury is... mercury. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

One thing I don't understand, a lot of this stuff is (I gather) based on the fact that 21 Dec in 2012 will see the alignment of the earth, sun, and the black hole at the center of the galaxy. But there was a more perfect alignment of those 3 in 1998 :confused:.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One thing I don't understand, a lot of this stuff is (I gather) based on the fact that 21 Dec in 2012 will see the alignment of the earth, sun, and the black hole at the center of the galaxy. But there was a more perfect alignment of those 3 in 1998 :confused:.

QJjQMwEjC1I

For some reason i suck atm at make it embedded :angry:

**Fixed**

Edited by 159th_Viper
Vid embedded

So true re History Channel. What the hell happened there !?

I don't know but between, aliens, pawn shops and people who live in swamps and catch alligators for a living there does not appear to be much time left for history.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The survivors were scattered and forcingly assimilated and their legacy dilluted. reminds me of circus tigers. They are still there but no longer representative of the originals. good as extinct.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P