ah Ed's first news letter is out

71st_Mastiff

Nothing in that letter about Dedicated Server application.

As is right now, it is very expensive to maintain dedicated server. =4c= might not be able to do it for much longer.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Veljko, what is the monthly pricetag of yours?

I've sourced servers in sweden at 100 to 200 dollars a month, for a tower co-location with unnlimited bandwidth. Might be able to get you a reference.

Also, have you tried with the command-line disabling of Dx rendering to enable you to use blades instead of towers, and/or using blades with Sandies or AMD APU's to keep the GPU inside the CPU?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I was surprised to find I'm the only complainer on the forum, I feel all alone.

You are in your right to complain. You can complain whatever about. But let me tell you something. In the meantime you are loosing the 2 best sims ever developed.

What I don't understand is the reason you are complaining about. ED is telling the true from the very begening. No one is selling you sand or O2, isn´t it?. ED is continuosly developing the sims, correcting bugs, translating to several idioms and ED is keeping all us up to date using the forum and using newsletter. What else do you need as a customer?

Probably it's because ED is not telling what you u want to read. Probably it's because ED is not developing fast enough or ED is not developing your desires, the fighter you dream of.

Hey, no ofense dude. I'M just writing my thoughts.

IMHO Ed's letter is great. We all now know the roadmap. No more endless threads about what could be, about what I would like. Just one quEstion mark. NeXT DCS jet fighter. But, hey, I guess we customers could give ED the right to decide when to announce the NeXT JEWL.

Happy Natal to everyone.

Edited by ESA_Mistr@L
  • Like 2

Cruz de San Andres

First learn to fly. Then learn to fight.

[sIGPIC]www.cruzdesanandres.com[/sIGPIC]

As the JTAC, players will have:

- night vision goggles,

- IR pointer,

- laser designator,

- Forward Looking Infrared (FLIR).

Several other new items are still being considered.

I hope a few of the items being considered are automatic weapons: Fn SCAR, SAW and LAW. I'd love to hitch a ride, storm a base and steal airplane. Btw, how does a JTAC get around? I'm thinking a Humvee will be modeled?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

I hope a few of the items being considered are automatic weapons: Fn SCAR, SAW and LAW. I'd love to hitch a ride, storm a base and steal airplane. Btw, how does a JTAC get around? I'm thinking a Humvee will be modeled?

No vehicle modeling necessary, they can give you a 360 panable view on top of an AI vehicle. Since you can control waypoints for AI units, you can more or less control where you as JTAC are going.

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

I did not really look into JTAC too much honestly when they announced it. Let me see if I have this straight.... they are making it to where a human can play the part of the A.I. vehicles and soldiers? Like an RTS (real time strategy)?

If that is so that is......... AWESOME. To me that is MUCH better than a dynamic campaign.

If that is not so.... man maybe they should look into it.

"Hey, someone got their World In Conflict in my DCS"

"Hey, Someone got their DCS in my World in Conflict"

How would that conflict with with briefings though?

Edited by ZQuickSilverZ

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No vehicle modeling necessary, they can give you a 360 panable view on top of an AI vehicle. Since you can control waypoints for AI units, you can more or less control where you as JTAC are going.

Seeing how we can get around the map using UAZ, I hope they give us a Humvee, but in first-person perspective.

• Like 1

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Veljko, what is the monthly pricetag of yours?
We pay about $80 a month, that is $960 a year.

I've sourced servers in sweden at 100 to 200 dollars a month, for a tower co-location with unnlimited bandwidth. Might be able to get you a reference.
That is $1200 to $2400 a year, to play a game! I don't think my wife would be happy to hear that.

Also, have you tried with the command-line disabling of Dx rendering to enable you to use blades instead of towers, and/or using blades with Sandies or AMD APU's to keep the GPU inside the CPU?
Yes I have and it did not work on our server set up. Thus, we still run FC 2 on our dedicated server.

We have about three more months going on our server. I doubt we will go beyond that. We already spent about $2500 renting a server buying FC and BS licenses, video cards, spending money in shipping cost, ...

• Like 1

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Well, obviously, depending on location price may vary, but here you are unlikely to get anything dedicated at all below 80 dollars. (Unless you make an off-the-books deal with someone that lives in a fibered apartment, which is easy enough in sweden since fiber is everywhere (except at my oplace since I live in our Sibira) but this might not be the case in other countries.) My personal view on a pricetag of 80 dollars a month is that it is the equivalent of 5 people subscribing to an MMO. (Or in my case, my monthly EVE subscription since I have more accounts than are sane. :P )

Obviously, I realize most of 4c will be in Serbia, and I don't have a good enough picture of the economy of that country to make a proper call for how realistic that is. I can say it's cheap from my vantage point, but I understand that the situation is not as easy for some countries. But basically, you can get a 1U blade running server fine if you use an AMD APU or Intel Sandy, which is pretty much the cheapest option out there with or without a "dedi" executable.

However, if you have specific experience of such schemes, I would love to get some detailed reports of hardware involved and methods of implementation - might help in gathering information to advice ED's future course in the matter.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Thanks ED. While there are always detractors, the more information about what is going on the better, IMHO. Hope you all have a restful break.

+2

Thanks ED:thumbup:

Most of our guys have updated their PC hardware, our server have been updated to i7 2600 +16G DDR3 +560Ti, everthing is ready, just waiting for 2012 !

One thing we can't solve perfect is the pings from countries out of China:huh:

• Like 1

NFI_651/bird-1

NFI Chinese Web

Intel i7 6800k OC 3.7GHz | MSI X99 | Nvidia GTC1060 6G | DDR4 2400MHz 32GB | Sumsung SSD 256GB | Apple 27’LCD | TM Hotas Warthog for A10C & Cougar for FC3 | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic63864_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

It would be a good idea to include a donation system in each squad site and a sticky thread in this forum if it isnt already.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P